• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What was your first gb/gbc pokemon game and why?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I believe I got Pokemon Silver along with a Gameboy Advance for Christmas in 2001 (never got the GBC). Apparently, my Dad was suggested by his friends at work that this was the new amazing thing in stores for a kid. I think I may have also got the PlayStation 1... huh. I could swear I got them earlier... maybe I got the PS1 earlier... maybe I did get the GBC... oh well.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Mine was Pokemon Blue .

My friend gave it to me in 2000 . He borrowed it to me for a few months , so I had to get that back (sadly...) .

ShinySilver

Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    First, my bro got Blue for Xmas then got sick of it after a week so he gave it to me. Later, I got Gold cause my other friend got Silver.

WeavySean

Weavile Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Yellow version for the Sean man. That was the first one that I ever owned that was actually mine and not my brothers. The first one I ever played was Red version.

Red wasn't actually mine, it was my brother's, but he didn't play it nearly as much as I did, so TECHNICALLY Red was my first game, but not really.

Yellow version were the first one because I knew it was a special version and all the cool things that were in it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Pokemon Blue, my best friend had red. I remember buying it on Halloween of whatever year they originally released the games in the states. I picked bulbasaur and Rattata was my first catch. I eneded up having to restart that save because I had like a level 40 venusaur and a team of level 12 pokemon. Second save was with a squirtle. I'm pretty sure when I finished the game it had Hydro Pump, Watergun, surf, and strength.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Red, because my cousin got Blue. Originally I watched the show and then saw the games and wanted to get them. I ended up getting it for Christmas and was obsessed with it.

Dizzy Punch

Heart of gold
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2010
    Mine was Pokemon Blue, right back before my first Communion in 1998. I'll never forget the feeling of first navigating through the maps... I really don't think anything I ever play again will compare to those first few days with Blue.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    I started off with pokemon red. I always used to play it in sunday school and everyone would gather around and watch.

One day a kid brought his game and we did a link battle, but he had a machamp named "Sasha" and it kicked my ass.

FireShock

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I got Red a few days after it came out and I picked it over Blue because of how cool I thought Charizard looked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Mine was Pokemon Red. Got it for my birthday in 2001 (5). Was epic fun.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Mine was Red, and due to my childish nature it took my FOREVER to defeat brock, and when i did, i didnt know what to do :p

B_B

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    my was red too cos by the time then i really liked charmander :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Pokemon Yellow. I was 4, and for my birthday my mum and dad got me a GBC, with Yellow and Scooby Doo classic creep capers. I played Yellow first though.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    My first one was Pokemon Gold during the summer before my 5th grade year (I think!). I had a deadly team consisting of my Feraligator, Ampharos, Machoke, Togetic, and others. Oh, I forgot, I also caught a Ho-oh.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Started off with Red, lost it (I WAS CRUSHED) moved on to Blue, then got Yellow, and then Silver. I played through Gold enough to trade the exclusives over to my Silver. I never got Crystal.
    As for why I started with Red, well...that was because it was a birthday present. An amazing one at that.

Back