• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what was your hardest battle

who is better vote nowRANDOM POLL

• lugia

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ho oh

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Whitney,she was tough.
    with her Miltank's constant Milk Drink spamming.
    and Red,which I haven't beat yet but I have still battled him and I pretty much got the crap kicked right out of me.
    Update: I just beat Red....He was the hardest battle ever!

Last edited:

David Bauer III

Where is Your God?
    Years
  • Red. Pikachu, Venasaur, Blastoise, and Charizard didn't stand a chance against me. But Lapras and Snorlax were so damn hard!

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • In HG/SS, it would have to Red. Even with Lv.80+ Pokemon he was still one hell of a fighter. Thankfully I had plenty of FullRestores.

In Silver though, I'd have to say it was Morty of the GhostGym. I was fairly inexperienced then and found it difficult to deal with his overpowered ShadowBall. But I beat him with my traded Teddiursa, who knew ShadowBall too.

Beat fire with fire I guess.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    My hardest battle was Red (was severely underlevelled), followed by Clair.

Surorisingly, Miltank wasn't as hard as in the originals, beat it on the first try. After twenty minutes. Damn, that thing just didn't wan't to go down.

Years
  • Red, definately. Got so tired of losing to him I startd again, my team was level 73+. By then, the League had done it's level-up thing, so I was too frustrated to keep training and stuff. :\

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • well, this was early game for me and my friend had wanted to trounce me cuz he had a team of 5 pkmn all higher lvl than my three pokemon. I took him down to one pokemon all because he didn't know my moveset, which turned out to be very good. The most memorable moment was when his alakazam had tiny bit of hp left and i had to switch to quilava. he didn't know i had quick attack so he thought he would one-hit me. BOOM alakazam gone. he won, but i got him flusteredXD

pokédan12

Maste Trainer
    Years
  • the 3rd league woman! with her spiritomb and her weavile and worst of all, umbreon!!!
    and also Koga (number 2) with his avasiveness! especially his muk's minimize!

Years
  • Whitney is the worst! Her Miltank attracted my Geodude and she knocked out all but one of my Pokemon before I finally took her out. That milk drink is a pain.

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years
  • My hardest battle was when Silver caught me unaware at Mt. Moon while I was training. I only had one last resort pokemon, Noctowl. After Silver beat Suicune, Latios, Espeon, Rotom, and some other pokemon, I sent Noctowl out. He beat all six of his pokemon and learned roost at it :).

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • My hardest battle was against youngster joey. His rattata swept me like a broom. It really is in the top percentage of rattatas.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Clair. She destroyed all I had and then... at my last FullRestore... her Kingdra used Struggle. I felt so happy. I won.

Clair & Lance rematch was easy, and so was Red. Whitney is no. 2.

Xynic

Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Whitney was a piece of cake because I got lucky enough my Flaaffy's Static paralyzed it and kept on being paralyzed so it couldn't attack. IMO Red was definitely the hardest trainer to battle due to my team was all level 50's.

Typhlosion Level: 50
    Ampharos Level: 50
    Snorlax Level: 50
    Gyarados Level: 50
    Weavile Level: 50
    Heracross Level: 50

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Definitely....

Clair, Lance, Clair-Lance double battle, and finally Red.

phew!

Years
  • I haven't gotten to Red yet but definitely Clair. I got so lucky the second time I battled her (I restarted after the first time) when Lapras's Ice Beam froze her Kingdra and I was able to win easily after that. Whitney wasn't that hard at all for me so I guess the second hardest battle was against Karen and her Umbreon. Hardest. Pokemon. To. Faint. EVER.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Second time against Lance for sure. (Haven't battled Red yet...)
    Went to the League to train my team of four, cause my team was a little over lv. 60. Seeing as the E4 was 55-65ish, it was good training. Until Lance throws me with a lv. 75 Salamence. o.o
    (Good thing I saved in Lance's room... Took me about 3 tries to beat him.)

Last edited:
    Back