• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in B/R/Y

Years
    When I was in victory road, and saw moltres. Then I wanted to get to it but I had to go up some steps. Got lost, and went back to a place that *looked* like the part of the victory road that moltres was in, but there was a trainer with a pokeball instead. I was like OMG did he just catch Moltres??? That was a YEARS ago..

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It was when I caught Mewtwo. All of my Pokemons were a level or two lower than it, so I expected a tough battle. It was.

When half of my party was K.O'ed. I just chucked the Master Ball at it. :3

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I heard all this stuff about you needing a masterball to catch Mewtwo and I caught him with a Pokeball while he was frozen first try.

The most WTF moment was when I went to the Lavender Tower and I was like WTF why isn't my Blastoise attacking, you're like 20 levels higher than it, kill it. Then I tried spamming my items and used a rare candy for the first time and that was my second most WTF moment.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I guess it was when I encountered Giovanni in the gym. I read in a handbook years ago that blue was to be the last gym leader (in GSC, which this wasn't), so when I saw him I was pretty surprised.

Meeting Moltres also made me go a bit wtf, but in a good way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I could never get past the sleeping man as a kid (and I didn't even know what "Save" did). I would get about 10 levels with my pokemon. One day my aunt (1 year older than me) told me how to save, and get past the man. I was like OMG WTF!?!? THANKS!!!

Years
    Pokemon Yellow

Was fishing and stuff. Turned to talk to :P ikachu...

...and :P ikachu has a pot on it's head!

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    I just recently restarted Yellow and got up to the first cave. So I turned it off and played my Xbox. When I turned it on again a little later, half of my Pokémon were gone! I said a few naughty words, thinking it was some sort of glitch. So I started a brand new game, finally reaching the cave entrance once more. I turned it off again, and went to baseball practice for a couple of hours. I got back, turned the game on....and my Pokémon were all gone! So I searched for my little brother, revenge burning in my eyes. He admitted his treachery as I...nicely...persuaded him.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    I caught Missingno in Blue under the misguided presumption that only the glitch Pokemon M would ruin one's Hall of Fame stats...

Only for me to go check them shortly thereafter to find all those wtf-symbols in the text. Imagine my surprise to find that and learn about the dangers of Missingno.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    as a child my first OMG! moment was when my starter pokemon (squirtle) evolved from a wortortle to a blastoise, i KNEW i was in the big leagues then! lol

Tertle

nub@ruby
    Years
    When I went to the Pokemon Tower for the first time and fought against Blue.
    He asks you if you any of your Pokemon have died, and in all of your previous fights he had a Raticate.

Well he didn't have it in this one, nor did he have it in any future battles. Lavender Town was pretty harsh back then.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    What was your most OMGWTF moment in B/R/Y

"OMG MUMMMMMMY WHAT IS THAT OH GOD THAT'S REALLY SCARY MUM MUM MUMMMMM ;o; IT LOOKS LIKE AN ALIEN I'M REALLY SCARED *SOBSOB* ... Oh wait I beat it. YAY."

Vileplume's sprite scared me like hell, I rememeber.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    When you defeat your rival in the Elite Four. (certain days of the week) He actually said that he'll try being nicer to his Pokemon. That's good and all but it was SO unlike him!

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    O.K, so I thought that if you lost to the Elite four, you had to start the WHOLE game again, since it said u had to start all over again.

and when i lost to lorelei i was so upset.

luckily, it didnt go that way XD

Back