• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was..,

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well at least you didn't kill every single one of the legendaries in your Diamond because you were too stupid to save before the battle ;_;

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
    In Pearl i didn't think anything was hard to catch - oh how mistaken i was in platinum. Cresselia and Articuno are not wanting to be caught!

However, i remember Ho-oh in Gold being really really hard to catch as well.

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
    Had to be, Moltres on leaf green, not sure, why but it took my a solid 50 ultra balls before eventually giving up and not caring :P

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Darkrai!! Actually it was a Ditto that transformed into the movie event Darkai
    Roar of Time and Spacial Rend was a pain to deal with. I didn't know that in DP Ditto literally becomes the Pokemon [stats and all]... or I woulda had it transform into Magikarp...

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I dont know why but on my diamond it took me over an hour to catch Mesprit. I eventually caught it after putting it to sleep and paralizing it. It was such an annoying battle.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    None. Why? 'Cause I use Action Replay to catch them. (999 x Master Balls) And I get all the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Legendary Pokemon through Action Replay too. So personally, there's no Pokemon which is "Hard" for me to catch.

- Red -

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Giratina in Platinum (Distortion World). I'm pretty sure that... when a pokemon is PARALYZED and is at 1HP a Ultra Ball would catch it. I threw around 35 of these and decided to use my master ball...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Heatran, it took me all night to catch it.
    Second were Uxie and Azelf for a tie.
    Third is Cresselia.
    Dialga was easy after defeating it twice I threw a Quick ball at it and caught it. :/

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Azelf was always a major pain, aside from the other 2 spirits and the regis, whom I have yet to catch due to their inability to stay in a ball for more than 1 budge.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The hardest pokémon I had trouble catching, was Giratina. I would usually get Giratina to 1 HP yet it would still be hard to catch him with Ultra Balls or whatever use I could make with the Dusk Balls [In the night]. I didn't really want to use my Master Ball at that time. The only time I could finally catch Giratina was when I gave it a status problem.

Mesprit was hard to catch as well as it kept fleeing, but I easily caught it when I got a Golbat to use Mean Look on it. I decided to use throw a few Ultra Balls, but the crazy thing is, is that I obtained it with a Poké Ball.

Equus

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Mine was Giratina in Platinum. After I weakened it and everything, it just didn't want to be caught, even with Dusk Balls. I reluctantly used my Master Ball.

The Regis in Platinum gave me a bit of trouble, too. Regice the most of the three...

Divine~Deoxys

Definitely Articuno in platinum for me. Still not seen it yet lol.

But out of those i've caught, it's Azelf and Uxie, Heatran and Giratina (preferred the diamond one for catching, this one kept getting OHKO'd by Rotom's Ominous Wind).

Dialga nd Palkia were easy. Just sleep them with Darkrai then wast pp using nasty plot while bad dreams knocks them down, then 1 poke ball.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    the lv 5 regigigas. i always killed him. and if i took a low level poke that poke would faint.

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
    Lucky me! My easiest one was Giratina from the disortion world and i caught it with three dusk balls when i had like 20 of them! Lol!

My hardest to catch was Rotom,which I used 18 ultra balls and then Uxie which took like 20 ultraballs and 10 duskballs! Another was Kyogre from saphire which took like 3 dive balls 10 ultra balls 3 nest balls 2 pokeballs and a luxury ball!
    I remember kyogre well because it was caught recently!:)

Back