• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will happen to Game Freak and Creatures after Pokemon dies?

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
  • When the series ends, will Pokemon still be remembered, and what will happen to Creatures and Game Freak? And Junichi Masuda, and Satoshi Tajiri, and many other main Pokemon developers? And will Pokemon be happily remembered? And will the video gamers will forget Pokemon and just keep playing COD: MW5? (LOL, just a thing)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I can't say the first thing that comes to mind, because it's rude.

Anyway, no one knows anything for sure, except that they will keep making pokemon until people don't like them anymore. And then, 10 years later, they will be revived, and started all over again.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think Pokemon won't end before they retire; it will be more like they retire, then Pokemon slowly peters out into a spinoff or two every couple years. My hope is that they don't try to keep Pokemon alive longer than it should be, because that's what causes things to be remembered badly. The last taste of the games that people get are the terrible final games, not the good previous games, so they are much less likely to remember the franchise fondly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When Pokemon ends, I have a feeling that it will be always remembered through the many games it has been in. GameFreak may end up moving on to other games, and so will some of the people who played Pokemon, though a percentage of them may replay the older games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    I would expect that people would just continue playing the old games. Pokemon is a very loved game, and people wouldn't just stop playing because they stopped making it. Just look at Zelda. People still play OoT and Majora's Mask from YEARS ago. "You can't beat the classics", and Pokemon is one hell of a classic.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would expect that people would just continue playing the old games. Pokemon is a very loved game, and people wouldn't just stop playing because they stopped making it. Just look at Zelda. People still play OoT and Majora's Mask from YEARS ago. "You can't beat the classics", and Pokemon is one hell of a classic.
    Not to mention they remade OoT for 3DS so they are definitely still making money on that game. As well as pumping out new ones like Skyward Sword and this is 25 years later.

If classic franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby are still around in this day in age still producing games and they have been around longer then Pokemon then that leaves me to believe we will still be seeing this franchise long to come. As of now they are a profit giant reaching out in multiple facets so if they keep making the profits then they will try to keep working the games in. Honestly I think a lot of causal fans don't even know or care who either Junichi Masuda and Satoshi Tajiri, or at least the young fans. I know when I was a kid all I wanted to do way play with the monsters I didn't even know any of the names across the credit screen. I think it will be happily remember, even if they some how come up with horrible mechanics that screw up later on games, they will still remember early games fondly and the pokemon in them. There will always be that first person shooter crowd, so I doubt they really care that much either way. People still remember Pong after all the decades, so I don't see why they wouldn't remember pokemon after it's span X amount of generations.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • When Pokemon does end, we'll remember it through the mountain of merchandise it left behind, as well as the Anime. People won't forget Pokemon for a long time, they'll be more fangames to continue the series and people replying Pokemon for nostalgia.

Gamefreak will probably move onto its next big money maker.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Ask yourself this, after all these years, has the "Mario" franchise died off? The Pokemon franchise is pretty much just as popular as the Mario franchise, so I really don't see pokemon ever dying off. It's possible for it to die off, but as long as it keeps selling Millions of copies of games, I really just don't see them dying off any time soon.

If it is possible for the series to die off (for whatever reason), I think it will be fondly remembered by it's veteran players and such, but after some time it will quickly be forgotten by new generations of kids playing new and improved games. Although Pokemon does have a cult following, video games on their own become outdated and forgotten very easily just like the progression of computer technology and how it ages quickly.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Pokemon & Game Freak already made their branches surely a name that each and every person would still remember after it had finished, also I can still see some of us play it over again. :'D

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
  • Ask yourself this, after all these years, has the "Mario" franchise died off? The Pokemon franchise is pretty much just as popular as the Mario franchise, so I really don't see pokemon ever dying off. It's possible for it to die off, but as long as it keeps selling Millions of copies of games, I really just don't see them dying off any time soon.

If it is possible for the series to die off (for whatever reason), I think it will be fondly remembered by it's veteran players and such, but after some time it will quickly be forgotten by new generations of kids playing new and improved games. Although Pokemon does have a cult following, video games on their own become outdated and forgotten very easily just like the progression of computer technology and how it ages quickly.

The Mario franchise has lasted for 26 years, and Pokemon has been lasting for 15 years. Yeah, it'll be a long time before Pokemon ends....

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I doubt it that Pokemon franchise would die out soon. Not in 25 years at least.
    You see that Mario franchise is still kicking. A Pokemon that hold much bigger potential than Mario should lasted much longer. The Pokemon universe are expandable and it can adapted to any other media format at will.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I don't want to even think the end of Pokémon but must answer something. I'm sure that Pokémon will last many years. Pokémon sells so good. TGC, games, anime, manga and other merchandise. Pokémon for ever!

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
  • Sorry,but you're forgetting that int he Mario franchises,they don't have to think of at least 100 Pokemon plus areas and characters a generation.

But I do hope Pokemon will live a long time,and if the worst comes,I hope the fans will remember it by the good times,not the desperate end games or the flaws they have.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    But with Mario they have to think up new situations for him to be in, because...the original Mario didn't give them much to go on. They've had to innovate for nearly every single game, something Pokemon doesn't have to do nearly as much, so the comparison may not be perfect but it's not THAT far off.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    But with Mario they have to think up new situations for him to be in, because...the original Mario didn't give them much to go on. They've had to innovate for nearly every single game, something Pokemon doesn't have to do nearly as much, so the comparison may not be perfect but it's not THAT far off.

So it something like this:
    Pokemon----->Have much premises/something to go on, but few innovation each games
    Mario---->Doesn't have much premises/nothing to go on, but rich of innovation each games

Right? I agree with this.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Well, Gamefreak is a second party developer, so Nintendo will probably have more for them to do. Also, they have other games that they work on, including the Kirby and Smash Bros. series.

Back