• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will you nickname your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:3

3:
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Nah.
    I never nickname my pokemon.

I usually just named them their actual name, but in lowercase letters, aha.

Ayselipera

Nahh, I'm just going to catch it and then throw it in the pc. Then after I get it that first time the next time I play I won't even bother catching it.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • im Going to fight it with weak moves and if it gets in critical i will try to catch it but if i kill it i am not going to worry but if i do catch it i will just nickname it Rgyara like what i nickname my regular gyarados with a R at the front

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I will most likely name it after it's Japanese name. I plan to do that with all my Pokemon in SS.

I'm pretty sure Gyarados has the same name in English and Japanese...the Japanese name just has a silent "u" at the end...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Personally, a thread on nicknaming the Red Gyarados is too specific, really - especially when we already have a Red Gyarados discussion thread.

But given how much activity this got already, I've gone and edited it - now this is a thread for posting what nickname you wish to give to any Pokemon you get in HG/SS. We'll see how that goes.

Post away.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Meganium: Ginger (Female) (Its a spice)
    Ampharos: Beacon (Male) (Its used as a lighthouse, and after I named it, I talked to someone in Ecruteak who said it was Olivine's beacon, COINCEDENCE)
    Xatu: Tarot (I will pronounce it Tara, because its a Female)
    Granbull: Poncho (Male) (My first dog was a boxer by the same name, and oddly I can see it weraing one. =P)
    Kingdra: Corona (Female) (Means "Crown", KINGdra, get it? Not to mention the "a" at the end is feminine.)
    Forrestress: Alloy (Male) (Metallic reference)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I now have the habit of nicknaming my Pokemon. My Totodile, my starter Pokemon, will have a Gaelic name of "Uisce". Most of the rest of my Pokemon will also have Gaelic names.

Some, on the other hand, will have names based on my favorite book series.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I do not nickname but if I did for Red Gyarados I'd probably chose a name like Flamed Up

Years
  • I didn't nickname very many of my Pokemon back in Gold/Crystal, but I may do it this time around, like I did in Platinum (in which I nicknamed every single one of my party Pokemon, my starter included). These are the names I've been thinking of for my HeartGold team:

Cyndaquil (F) - Hinoa, a shortened form of its Japanese name. The name even sounds female.
    Mareep (M) - Volts. This is the name I gave a Mareep in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.
    Bellsprout (M) - Leif. Based off the word "Leaf", of course.
    Heracross (M) - Dura. Short for "durable".
    Lapras (F) - Haven't decided on a name for this one yet...
    Teddiursa (M) - Bailey. No explanation for this one except that I was going to use this name in an RPG once.

I may replace one of these with Eevee - especially if I can't evolve Bellsprout until Kanto. xD If so, it'll be a female Eevee named Eris. This is similar to the name I gave my Espeon in Platinum, Aris.

I'll be doing something similar in SoulSilver if I buy it. I'll be using the male character, and most likely starting with Totodile (M). If I do this, I'll be naming it Wanino, a shortened form of its Japanese name.

As for the Gyarados... it's unlikely I'll be training it, but I may give it a nickname anyway. How about... Pyro?

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • I don't usu. nickname my Pokémon because I have this weird thing about all of them having nicknames or having no nicknames at all. THERE CAN BE NO IN BETWEEN

although this go-around (if I ever get a DS) maybe I will try the all nicknames route for a change.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I'm thinking these:

Cyndaquil - Zee (I accidentally nicknamed my Cyndaquil Z in Silver Version.)

Krabby - Crawdaunt Knight

Scyther - Scykroth

Oddish - Symphony

Zubat - Tabaz

Onix - Rocky (assuming you can still do that in-game trade).

This is subject to change (even the team).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back