• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will your Ingame team be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Like in all generations of the game I will not be planning a team for my game. I will instead be grabbing Pokemon I find that are interesting during my play-through. You'll be surprised on how many pokemon I'll end up catching and training during my play-through of the game before coming up with my official team.

The only pokemon I might forcefully add to my team is a mawile as it happens to be my favourite.

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Competitively? Mega Altaria is the only serious one I've got. I might have put in Volcarona if my strategy for one didn't overlap with the one I have for Altaria (bulk + stat boosts + healing). I might put in a Baton Passing Venomoth, but mostly as a gimmick. I made a Baton Passing Masquerain and White Kyurem pair in White 2, but never actually used it against a real live opponent. Come to think of it, I have also been wanting a Breloom with a Poison Heal + Leech Seed combo, and Drain Punch.

For the Pokémon League, I have Sceptile and Altaria in mind. I would have planned a team beforehand, but after watching a randomizer nuzlocke series on YouTube, I also feel like making it up as I go along (though I will probably use a Tropius as an HM slave). I would like for all of my Pokémon on this team to be Hoenn-native, and have my Omega Ruby OT (original trainer). Bringing in Pokémon from X solely as breeding material is something I may do.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Maridia the Swampert
    Brinstar the Magnezone (I'm assuming I'll be able to evolve Magneton in the Power Plant or something)
    Tourian the Weezing

I like the typing synergy and that Magnezone's Sturdy should be a guaranteed Rain Dance for Mega Swampert to go ham.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm planning on trading over a Porygon and a certain Eevee I have via the PokeBank as soon as I can and I'll pick up a Bagon. Not too sure who I'll have for the rest of my team yet. I probably won't use the starter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Pokemon you never raised in RSE

For those who played RSE when it was first out, I'm sure you skipped over certain pokemon and didn't get to raise them. This time around, for me personally, I want to go and find Pokemon that I never raised or I thought about raising in the original RSE. I want to make this adventure new, so instead of just going and getting a Ralts, Salamence, etc, I want to go find Pokemon that I did not train the first time around. I think it will make my adventure feel newer to me if I do this.

Believe it or not, there were a lot of Pokemon from the Hoenn dex that I did not raise back in the day. Some I just collected and never though about fishing out their biggest potential. Consequently, this really made me miss some Pokemon that were really good and probably should ger more spotlight if it weren't for all the tiers.

I didn't raise a manectric, Tentacruel, Hariyama, and many others. Some of them I played with in colloseum, like with makuhita, and I really liked using them but I never got around to getting a big strong Hariyama.

Anyway, there are a lot more Pokemon that I have never raised so I would like to raise.

Is there anyone else that is thinking about doing the same?

I know many people are choosing a different starter and the almighty Torchic/Blaziken reign is taking a huge hit. Most people, I think, are choosing Sceptile or Swampert for a rain team. So is there anyone looking forward to raising Pokemon they may have missed the first time around or just never got around to playing?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I never raised Milotic, because of how frustrating it was to get in the originals.

I do plan on using one in this playthrough though, so I'm excited for that!

I've also never really used Sableye, but with his new Mega I just might have to try him out this time.

Years
  • I never raised an Altaria. I remember catching a Swablu but never actually trying to evolve it. It wasn't until this generation that I even had a Altaria.

Another one I never used was Milotic. I had a few feebas but could never get them to evolve so I gave up.

Seviper, Absol, and Chimecho are also in that group but only because I had never been able to catch them. Seviper kept fainting, Absol was a 1-in-100 Pokemon (at least that's how it felt), and I never saw a Chimecho in RSE.

Years
  • Ah, this will be fun.

I've never raised a Wurmple, Lotad, Seedot, Nosepass, Skitty, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Roselia, Spinda, Feebas (didn't know how to catch one lol), Relicanth, and Luvdisc.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • There are a few Pokemon from RSE that I've never raised so this time around I made sure that I atleast picked 1 or 2 pokes from RSE that I never raised to have on my team. Ralts and Beldum. I admit that the shiny Beldum event is the main reason I'm going with Beldum. My other choice was Mawile...

Years
  • Similarly to the OP, there were a lot of Pokémon I never used in Hoenn beyond really strong stuff like Ralts, Bagon or Electrike's evolution lines. So I might try some different stuff this time around, which is helped by the matters of the physical/special split.

Guest123123

So with the reveal that we get one of the Johto starters post-game, I've decided on

1. Swampert
    2. Gardevoir
    3. Crobat
    4. Magnezone
    5. Absol
    6. Typhlosion

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Breloom, Crawdaunt, Manectric, Camerupt, Sharpedo and a couple more could be really interesting. The only downside is that a lot of them have that crappy fluctuating EXP-curve. I mean seriously, why are there so many nonlegendary Pokemon who need more EXP than a Legendary? xD

UnchainedGoku

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Flygon, I always wanted to but just never got around to it, Aggron too just cos' I heard stories of how hard it was to train, I was just a kid then, obviously with competitive battling I'm used to Pokemon that take a bit longer to level up so I think he might just have a spot on my team now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Lol @ a poster mentioning feebas. The thing is, I finally found after a whole night after school one day. Sadly, I messed up trying to make the beauty max out. I have beauty but I didnt have the correct nature or something. So I never ended up with a Milotic. There I was, with a maxed out beauty feebas and it couldn't evolve, yay :(

Another Pokemon I like but find horrible in competitive battles is skitty/delcatty. I saw the dex episode on youtube last night about that little guy and man, though he is cute, I don't want to raise that nightmare again.

Something else I forgot to mention is that instead of Ruby, I will be buying Sapphire this time. I liked all the Ruby version exclusives back in the day, but I really want to try a lotad this time. I had rarely battled a Ludicolo until I played Colosseum and I loved Miror B. At that moment, I felt bad that I never raised one. They were bulky, at least at the time.

I'm sure I can think of more but I won't keep this post too long.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I haven't raised a lot of Pokemon in RSE, but some I'm hoping to get to try are:
    - Torkoal, Cacnea, Wurmple, Surskit, Skitty, Numel, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Girafarig, and Chinchou.

There are other Pokemon I've never used before that I haven't mentioned, but the above are the ones I'm planning to raise in my run through, even if it's just for a few trainer battles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Well, here (tentatively depending on feedback I get) are the my final choices for my team:

blaziken-mega_zpse2d39585.gif
    milotic_zps3a04d580.gif
    absol-mega_zps8db76140.gif
    heracross-mega_zpsqs9qnm9o.gif
    rhyperior_zps7xyqw27z.gif
    ninetales_zpsde90a088.gif

Last edited:

ArcanineWithABow

Cutie Pup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I don't know what my team will be. I just go with the flow. I know for my starter, I can't choose between Torchic or Mudkip. I love Blaziken and Swampert.

Lol @ a poster mentioning feebas. The thing is, I finally found after a whole night after school one day. Sadly, I messed up trying to make the beauty max out. I have beauty but I didnt have the correct nature or something. So I never ended up with a Milotic. There I was, with a maxed out beauty feebas and it couldn't evolve, yay :(

Another Pokemon I like but find horrible in competitive battles is skitty/delcatty.

I played the original games too back when they were the most recent ones out. I was always too lazy to find a Feebas.

Then one day, there was a swarm of them and I caught quite a few. Then I was too lazy to evolve them. Then I remember when I finally wasn't too lazy, I messed up on my Feebas too.

I was like whatever...and I got one through a trade.

But I loved Skitty and Delcatty back in the day and I still do, it's just how cute they are, and yes they aren't good in competitive battling...but I still do try though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back