• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What would be a good name for the rival besides Silver?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I'd name him ???, ShutUp, Idiot, CrapFace. My neighbours' called theirs much ruder names :3

Years
  • Gary, but without the r. lol (That's what I did a long time ago in my old game.)

B/c someone at the Lake of Rage says: "Some "..." guy made fun of my Pokemon." LOL
    Now, my rival's name in Silver is Alex. (It's the male version of my cousin's name.)

(I really want to think of a good name for him in HG/SS to fit his new look.)

Usually, I gave him insulting names for laughs. (I named Gold after guys I liked a few times: Tyler, Steven, John.) Now, he's named Ash. (Male version of my name, Ashley.)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Alot of people name him an inappropriate name for example I named him A**hole in the ShinyGold hack game.
    In Crytsal I named him Carlos and I'm still deciding on name for SoulSilver though probably something gay becuz his new sprite is gay.

Years
  • I usually named him odd names or names of ppl I hate(d), like Dwight D. Eisenhower, Harry S. Truman, or lately I used the Jewtwo (Not being racist, just that the rival reminds me of my brother who I call a jew whenever he is mean or takes advantage of me)

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Gio's kid, Mr.crack, redhead, notgold, Pika, God, skatman, Theft, a**hole
    Thats just a few of the names that could be used try to think.

The Hawk

Swinub fan. Because they rock!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    Probably Ginger Meggs. But I always call him Silver, sometimes I've called him poo or ugly, just for juvenile lulz.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • I named my Rival in Crystal "FAGBAG"
    No joke.

..But don't think that I'm being homophobic.
    I just thought it was funny, and it was the first thing that came to mind.
    I support gay rights and marriage all the same, and have 3 gay best friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.<3

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • ^ LOL Yeah. The first time I played when I was like.. I don't know, 7? 8?
    I named the rival ??? Like it said.. I was just trying to help the poor policeman out. :(

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I called mine after my friend.
    he gets the games at the same time as me and we battle and try to complete it faster. so he's name is appropriate.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Before I knew he was Sliver, I called him Ace. :p

Back