• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you like to see?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Okay, first of all, I'm doing this without the consent of the other staff. So, if someone higher than me closes it, thats why. XD

So, in your opinion, what would you like to see changed or added here to make your stay more enjoyable. I'm not saying it could happen, it might not even be brought up, but at least its out there.

Rules
    1) This is NOT a staff feedback thread. Any comments related to the staff situation is not allowed. You may not report staff here, nor can you bring up new ideas for staff or complain about the staff.
    2) Do not bring up banned members. No asking for certain people to be unbanned.
    3) Keep it reasonable.
    Don't bring up ideas that will obviously never happen. ie: Abolishing the Community Site system
    4) Discussion is allowed. But no straight out "that idea sucks!" or "that idea is awesome!" If you have an opinion, back it up.
    5) Failure to comply with these rules will get your post deleted.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Some people don't agree on the coloured usernames for all, but how about getting to choose the colour of our usertitles?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Unless there's a plugin/hack for it, the only way to change your usertitle's colour would be to request that an administrator do it and...processing requests like that would be even more tedious than the name changing thread. It just wouldn't work, unfortunately.

As for suggestions...change the colour of the community supporter usergroup? *shot* :D

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    ummm, pokecommunity is actually the first pokemon forum i joined; i'm incredibly more active in SPPF now
    the reason is this place isn't active in the D/P section, and maybe it's because the moderators close down the topics too much and too easily
    for example, i saw two pre-trading threads get closed and i don't know why they can't just leave it open (i would love to broaden my trades)
    i DO know you'll let us arrange trades when April 22nd comes, but why not now?
    i feel pre-trading would really draw people in here more often, especially me
    anyways, this is just my opinion straight from my head-no holding back or editting

I can stand criticism if i seem foolish ;) just wanted to know...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    ummm, pokecommunity is actually the first pokemon forum i joined; i'm incredibly more active in SPPF now
    the reason is this place isn't active in the D/P section, and maybe it's because the moderators close down the topics too much and too easily
    for example, i saw two pre-trading threads get closed and i don't know why they can't just leave it open (i would love to broaden my trades)
    i DO know you'll let us arrange trades when April 22nd comes, but why not now?
    i feel pre-trading would really draw people in here more often, especially me
    anyways, this is just my opinion straight from my head-no holding back or editting

I can stand criticism if i seem foolish ;) just wanted to know...

Simply because we are still organizing things. I'm sure you can wait just a few more days until we have everything sorted out.
    I don't quite see the point in "pre-soandso threads", and all they do is end up closed anyway when we launch what we have planned.
    Just give us a few more days, you'll be able to organize your trades soon enough.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    o, ok tehn
    i understand =)
    thnx for explaining

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Would it be possible for either Reputation or the Thunder Dome to return?

-____-;

Years

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Would it be possible for either Reputation or the Thunder Dome to return?

-____-;
    Yeah, i would love to see those return to PC. They brought the community more members. And the rep system would have turned out ok if ppl had not used it as a tool of flame war. I still to this day think we should have kept the rep system because it's presence kept the n00bs in check...somewhat.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Most people would probably disagree with me but I think we should get rid of the New Users/Welcome forum altogether and start a thread called Introductions or something similar in Other Chat. I've noticed every time I click New Posts, about a third of all of the results come from that forum. It seems like most of the people only post there to gain post count.

For goodness sake, these are supposed to be Pokemon forums not Get to Know Everyone Better forums.

Otherwise, turning off post count for that forum may also solve that problem.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yup, Eon-Rider, I like your idea (post count). It's like, I have more posts than you nOOb!

Cherrim

Years
    I don't want the T-Dome back. Anything that could go in there can just as easily go in Other Chat. And if it's too risqué for OC? Then it doesn't belong on a Pokémon forum at all. :|

Dunno about rep though. Might be nice to see it back sicne I liked leaving little rep messages for people when their posts didn't merit an actual posting reply. :o

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    1) Change the supporters usergroup color. It's so ugly

2) Kill post count in the DCC, Newbie, and Club forums.

3) Refine the staff groups so that there aren't a billion different usercolors. From what I've been told, there is very little difference permission wise between the blue/red/purple names, so I don't see why they can't be merged or something. At least the blue/red names.

4) Bring in more community sites. Right now you have a total of two. =/

5) Bring in some new services. Last I checked, there was only the oekaki and the forums. Bring the PPN Gallery closer into the family, integrate it more or something like that.

6) Flesh out your vB. As much as I hate the idea, doing something like the MySpace hacks would be a huge hit here. Doing journalish things would be really fun, and could really help bring back a sense of community here, which has kinda been lost.

7) Update your themes. Constantly new ones are constantly coming out, but I'm pretty sure there are a couple themes with The APCC (or whatever the site was) listed.
    Edit: Okay, maybe not The APCC, but I still see some with #fp on it.
    Also, fix the images >_< Like 1/4 of the themes I've looked at so far, the images are broken. Really annoying.

8) Kill some defunct subforums and merge them back into their parent forums. For instance, the TCard forum. The TCard craze has long since finished, and could easily be merged back up. Poetry could also be merged up, as it really doesn't generate a whole lot of activity. And, as much as I hate to say it, Webbies could easily be merged back together.

There's my... 9 cents or so. =/

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
    A shout box, i know it would have to be closly watched but it would make for a great quick chat, so many times have i gone into chat and its been dead.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years

3) Refine the staff groups so that there aren't a billion different usercolors. From what I've been told, there is very little difference permission wise between the blue/red/purple names, so I don't see why they can't be merged or something. At least the blue/red names.

5) Bring in some new services. Last I checked, there was only the oekaki and the forums. Bring the PPN Gallery closer into the family, integrate it more or something like that.

6) Flesh out your vB. As much as I hate the idea, doing something like the MySpace hacks would be a huge hit here. Doing journalish things would be really fun, and could really help bring back a sense of community here, which has kinda been lost.

7) Update your themes. Constantly new ones are constantly coming out, but I'm pretty sure there are a couple themes with The APCC (or whatever the site was) listed.
    Also, fix the images >_< Like 1/4 of the themes I've looked at so far, the images are broken. Really annoying.

8) Kill some defunct subforums and merge them back into their parent forums. For instance, the TCard forum. The TCard craze has long since finished, and could easily be merged back up. Poetry could also be merged up, as it really doesn't generate a whole lot of activity. And, as much as I hate to say it, Webbies could easily be merged back together.

1) If you'd like to organize a vote for that, you can. However, it can't be a colour that closely resembles a staff colour.

2) I'd like to say yes, but other staff would hurt me. XD

3) Actually, CSAs and SAs are closer powerwise than SAs and AAs. And ew, I don't want a purple name. XD;

4) Actually, we have Seafoam, PPN, and Total Pokemon. As far as I know, the CSAs have been looking, but have yet to bring anyone up.

5) We have a chatroom too. D=

6) We've actually had some discussion already in regards to a blog hack, but we decided to put it off until we have a stronger server.

7) Actually, some themes are beyond repair, so chances are they won't work again. We have way too many anyways in my opinion; some of which that we could do without since they don't look that grand.

8) I'm not really sure if it would be better to bring that up with the mods of those forums or not, but I guess its worth looking into.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

I like many of these ideas.

1: Erica said something about the old Praetor green ("#006400"). Get most everyone to vote and you got yourself a new color. XD

2: Heheheh no. XD

3: I used to be for this idea (Purples and SAs being under one group). But nah, the way it is now works out best (on top of that I think both CSAs and SAs wouldn't agree to being in one group).

4: I totally agree, PC does need more Community Sites. I think we should have at least 5 or so (or maybe 10 in total).

5: I also agree with this. Expand PC a little, it doesn't hurt anything.

6: What David said. XD

7: I agree with this one more then anything else on the list. PC comes out with theme after theme after them. New theme like every month, and that's well and all, but we got other older themes sitting in the dark ages with old community sites still listed and tons of broken images. I mean come on, fix the ones we already got before moving on to new ones.
    In fact I think we should lose a lot of the themes on PC. I'm all for choice, but how many themes do we got on the list now?...

8: I don't know. If the sub-forum isn't needed or doesn't get many posts then sure I'm good with the idea of losing it and moving the posts to the main forum.

And that was 8 cents JK, not 9. XD

A shout box, i know it would have to be closly watched but it would make for a great quick chat, so many times have i gone into chat and its been dead.
    That's what IMs, PC chat or the DCC is for. To me, a shout box is pointless on a message board.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Wow. That was the first time I made a suggestion post and didn't get a "STFU"-style reply in a long time. XD

1) If you'd like to organize a vote for that, you can. However, it can't be a colour that closely resembles a staff colour.
    1: Erica said something about the old Praetor green ("#006400"). Get most everyone to vote and you got yourself a new color. XD
    Would've totally done that RIGHT NOW but Jake already did it <3~ NO MORE GREEN *celebrate*
    2: Heheheh no. XD
    2) I'd like to say yes, but other staff would hurt me. XD
    :<
    3: I used to be for this idea (Purples and SAs being under one group). But nah, the way it is now works out best (on top of that I think both CSAs and SAs wouldn't agree to being in one group).
    3) Actually, CSAs and SAs are closer powerwise than SAs and AAs. And ew, I don't want a purple name. XD;
    Hmm... *tries to remember the days when it was just 3 levels... can't* XD *goes back to being confused*
    4) Actually, we have Seafoam, PPN, and Total Pokemon. As far as I know, the CSAs have been looking, but have yet to bring anyone up.
    4: I totally agree, PC does need more Community Sites. I think we should have at least 5 or so (or maybe 10 in total).
    Didn't TP get kicked out or something due to Shinou? bgt (last I saw him around, I'm too lazy to check the listing) last time I saw was normal colored.

There are a lot of large sites out there that you guys could... target (for lack of better words). You could even potentially tie this in with #5, and bring in some of the more niche sites, like a big fanfiction archive or something.
    5: I also agree with this. Expand PC a little, it doesn't hurt anything.
    5) We have a chatroom too. D=
    The chat is kinda... >_> Matt and two other people, tops, whenever I look in there.
    6) We've actually had some discussion already in regards to a blog hack, but we decided to put it off until we have a stronger server.
    6: What David said. XD
    I don't know the fine stats of this server... but it seems to be holding pretty fine. o_O

Though I will say to wait until at least June, to let the DP tide start to recede.
    7: I agree with this one more then anything else on the list. PC comes out with theme after theme after them. New theme like every month, and that's well and all, but we got other older themes sitting in the dark ages with old community sites still listed and tons of broken images. I mean come on, fix the ones we already got before moving on to new ones.
    In fact I think we should lose a lot of the themes on PC. I'm all for choice, but how many themes do we got on the list now?...
    7) Actually, some themes are beyond repair, so chances are they won't work again. We have way too many anyways in my opinion; some of which that we could do without since they don't look that grand.
    If they can't be repaired, then just take them off the list ^^ It's no fun browsing the forum with broken images. (Right now I'm using a theme with broken images... it sucks)
    8) I'm not really sure if it would be better to bring that up with the mods of those forums or not, but I guess its worth looking into.
    8: I don't know. If the sub-forum isn't needed or doesn't get many posts then sure I'm good with the idea of losing it and moving the posts to the main forum.
    ^_^ It could also create a feeling that there is more being posted. If you look in the various Sprite subforums, they look rather... not active. Combine them all back together and it would look a lot more active.

And that was 8 cents JK, not 9. XD
    I took one out after I posted >_>

Cherrim

Years
    There'd be a huge member uproar about posts lost if we disabled postcount in a bunch of forums at once, especially those ones. :x

Also, Greg...we get database errors every 15 minutes or something. You must just be getting on at really quiet times. XD;

Back