• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you say was your best team?

Years
Of the teams you can remember having, be it a story team or competitive team, what would you say was your 'best' one?

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
When I was a kid, I trained up a team of level 100 legendaries in Gen 4, and ended up with a Giratina/Dialga/Palkia/Arceus/Mewtwo/Heatran team in HeartGold and Platinum. Half the team ended up getting transferred to White 1, so I no longer have it in one game.

I think I ended up transferring the four dragons (counting Arceus because it had a Dragon plate) to White and trained up a Zekrom and Kyurem to make an all-Dragon legendary team, and that was really good too.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
Depends on your definition for best. for me it's my sv team, beacause it has all 6 of my favorite pokemon. Iron Moth, Vaporeon, Spidops, Dachsbun, Hatttrem, Lilligant.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
In-game playthrough

Starmie, Lucario, Electivire, Haxorus, Gengar, Gardevoir

This is just a standard, typical team that I often use when playing Pokémon, which is a team consisting of some all-time favorites. However, recently, I have started to do new playthroughs using Pokémon that might not be my favorites just to try something new, as I grew tired of using similar teams over and over. While I will always love these Pokémon, I decided to give them a rest, use new Pokémon, and try to get new favorites. With that said, this is very liable for change.

Competitive

Gen8DoublesOU: Malamar, Incineroar, Stakataka, Sylveon, Hatterene, Kommo-o

Although it might not seem like it, this might be the best team I ever built, mainly because I have had so much success with it. Typically, I would lead with Malamar and Incineroar. Incineroar, of course, being the living legend it is, weakens the opponent's attack with Intimidate and has moves such as Fake Out and Parting Shot. After using Fake Out on my opponent, I use Malamar to set up Trick Room. Afterwards, I would use Parting Shot on my Malamar with Contrary, which boosts its Attack and Special Attack by one stage instead of decreasing them, and switch to a Pokémon that could attack both the opponent's Pokémon at once, such as my Pixilate Hyper Voice Sylveon, Hatterene with Dazzling Gleam, and Kommo- with Clanging Scales. If not that, I would simply sweep with Stakataka. I would spam Superpower with Malamar, which only increases its Attack and Defense power after each use instead of decreasing them. With this team, I was in the top 15 of the Gen8DoublesOU leaderboard for a short period of time. That's probably the best I've ever done in ranked competitive Pokémon.

Gen7DoublesOU
: Malamar, Clefable, Tapu Lele, Stakataka, Azumarill, Amoongus

Very similar to the Gen8DoublesOU team, this team mainly follows the same formula: I Trick Room with Malamar, but this time, I use an Unaware Clefable to use the move Follow Me to make it safer for Malamar to set it up. I then have Clefable use her Charm on Malamar to sharply increase its Attack instead of decreasing it, and use Malamar to sweep. I use Tapu Lele for Psychic Surge to block priority moves and to use it as an attack that can hit all opponents with Dazzling Gleam. Of course, Stakataka is still the premiere Trick Room sweeper; Azumarill really benefits from Trick Room, especially after using Belly Drum; and Amoongus in Trick Room means I can use Spore first, putting everything to sleep. While this team wasn't as successful as the first one on Pokémon Showdown because I haven't reached the leaderboard with it yet, I still managed a 72% win rate with it, which is, if you ask me, pretty good.

Gen9: Flutter Mane, Corviknight, Clodsire, Glimmora, Baxcalibur, Tauros

This singles team is not really allowed on Pokémon Showdown's Gen9OU, but I do use it in formats where allowed and on the Nintendo Switch. With this team, I rarely lose. Flutter Mane is, of course, the premiere special sweeper. Corviknight is a great physical tank and can also deal a lot of damage. Clodsire is a great special tank, especially with Unaware and is great for Toxic stalling. Glimmora is arguably the best lead Pokémon in the game right now. Baxcalibur is a great wallbreaker and arguably the best pseudo-legendary in the game. Tauros is my sleeper Pokémon, which might seem like it doesn't belong, but I use it to counter Shadow Balls from other Flutter Mane and with Sheer Force and Life Orb, along with great coverage moves, it can deal out a lot of damage.

Last edited:
Years
My best competitive team was back in the Gen 7 when I was playing competitively a lot more than now, the team is from the Little Cup tier since that was the tier I enjoyed the most because of the fast pace of the battles and I also had the most success in this tier and with this team especially. For a period of maybe 6 months I was playing almost every day and was in the Top 5 on the Showdown's LC ladder for most of this time (even peaked at number 1 a couple of times).

My Gen 7 LC team: Corphish, Abra, Mienfoo, Foongus, Onix and Pawniard.

My best (or maybe "favorite" is more accurate than "best") in-game team was probably from my first Heart Gold playthrough because it had a lot of my favorites that are also considered to be very strong Pokemon, especially for a vanilla playthrough.

My Heart Gold team: Feraligatr, Gengar, Fearow, Heracross, Arcanine and Electrode.

Last edited:
Years
I don't actively remember all my teams, but the team I shiny bred for my Sword playthrough was one my easiest playthroughs ever:
Obstagoon, Galarian Slowking, Glaceon, Centiskorch, Duraludon, Obstagoon. No trainer stood a chance.

Back