• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats better, powerful Pokémon or Pokémon you like?

Which Pokémons better?

• A Pokémon i like.

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • A Pokémon thats strong. (Even if it maybe Ugly)

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Who cares? I just catch any Pokémon.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • A Pokémon thats strong but cute.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'll always go with Pokemon I like over standard 'powerful' Pokemon, though if the Pokemon I like also happen to be powerful, well, it's a win-win situation. I'm an awful competetive battler, so I'll just make a team of my favorite Pokemon to use in-game.

Contests are also the perfect place to use favorite pokemon, especially if it is not a fully evolved pokemon like roselia or quilava.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I trained plenty of UU Pokémon just because I liked how they looked. Like Granbull, Exploud, Ursaring, Manectric, Kecleon, Meganium, Sandslash, Forecast, and Golduck. All of them have the correct nature, moveset and EVs. Their stats still were a little dissappointing of course, except for Ursaring's, my lvl 100 pokémon with the highest attack so far (390 Atk). Even higher than my Rayquaza (386 Atk), but thats just because Ursaring is Adamant, Rayquaza is Jolly, but still, 390 is pretty damn high.

I'm still thinking of training more UUs to lvl 100 like Aggron, Golem, Blastoise, and Grumpig. Specially Grumpig, I think he would be very fun as a tank (a mediocre one, but a fun one).

My build for it is:
    Thick Fat
    Bold Nature @Leftovers
    EVs: 129 HP, 252 Def, 129 SDef
    Moves:
    Reflect
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Confuse Ray

Reflect will reduce physical attacks by a lot and Calm Mind to boost my special defense and Psychic damage, which is pretty low since I didn't worry for SAtk EVs, but it'll get strong eventually. Confuse Ray can help me so that they hit themselves as I set everything up. Thick Fat already reduces Ice and Fire damage. Pretty slow strategy but fun nonetheless.

I haven't done this yet because I'll have to breed a bunch of piggies until one comes out as a male, Bold, and Thick Fat. I always want them to be male and with 3 things to worry about, chances get slower, and I'm too lazy to do it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I pick pokemon I like,
    It doesn't matter about strength does it? No, because that pokemon may be stronger but what about when u don't have the stragety and a weaker pokemon's trainer has the stragety? You may see urself shocked b4 u know it!
    It all counts in Stragety!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Well, who doesn't like powerful pokemon? I use pokemon that I like, but are also useful for battling. I don't think it has to be one or the other =P

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I'd like to say Pokemon like Ambipom and Yanmega are really awesome and win matches, but they don't, that's all there is to it.

Heatran, while about as appealing as the pimple on my ass (that is nonexistent ._.), is undeniably powerful and will do much more for my team than Ambipom will. That's all there is to it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Generally Pokemon I like:
    My favourites are Lanturn and Magcargo (which are main-stays on my team) and they are far from the most powerful Pokemon in the world.
    If I just went for powerful ones my team would be full of ubers like oh so many other teams are.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • i prefer pokemon that i like. all pokemon can be powerful and i dont care how powerful agron is i thnk it looks dumb. i would prefer absol or steelix or somtin like that

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Actually, Aggron is very cool looking but he is weak, or underused because he has x4 Fighting weakness and x4 Ground weakness so having very high defense doesn't make much difference or no differece at all. He also has his Water weakness and low SDef which means it could probably OHKO Aggron. He's weak, and cool looking. If it had Solid Rock ability like Rhyperior then it would be a lot more useful.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • I catch all Pokemon, mainly so I can fill up the PokeDex and have a wide range of Pokemon to use when battling Gym Leaders and the Elite 4. But even though I have lots of them to choose from, I prefer battling with Pokemon I like.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well, if you like the powerful pokemon, the problem is solved.. but I would stick to those that I like.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I go with pokemon I like. I actually have a jumpluff in my team, its kinda weak but (its still a relatively low level and I leveled it at daycare for a while)
    But seriously whichever you use, if you have leech seed and poison poweder (and/or stun spore) Jumpluff is a really effective pokemon, I really find her fun to use on G/S/C

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • Anyone can use a powerful pokemon but it takes real skill to use pokemon you like to beat strong pokemon. By using pokemon you like you learn there advantages and disadvantages there strong and weak attacks. By knowing your pokemon you know best how to use it and if you can master that you can beat almost any pokemon.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I think people's favorite Pokémons are powerful because most of the time the best-looking are the ones with the most power, like Garchomp and Salamence. I don't like those two, I mean they are cool-looking but for some reason I'm not very interested in Pokémons that everyone uses, if I had the game and had the chance to fight, I would love to use Pokémons not often seen in battles, are cool-looking, and useful, of course. I'm not gonna be using weak Pokémons because I also want to win. How I wish Nidoking's attack was higher....

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I prefer training those that I enjoy better, because it makes things more fun than having to force urself train another pokemon that ur only using and you really don't have any likeness to...that is just my opinion though...

Back