• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats next for pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Hi.i made this thread to discuss what people would like to be in a pokemon game and what should be changed.lets discuss

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well they should lower the prices of Full Restores in the Market $3000 is a bit too much for 1 full restore so yea. I would also like to see a feature that involves a Pokemon breeding center designed to just breed Pokemon instead of having too go too a Pokemon Day-Care center. More Pokemon (obviously) and a few more HM's and TM's would be nice.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hi.i made this thread to discuss what people would like to be in a pokemon game and what should be changed.lets discuss

Meh, it's fine as it is and as the normal gameplay will mostly stay the same, it doesn't really need any changes. Anyone who posts in this thread will post in an attempt to lower the difficulty of the game, which is stupid, because if the game was too easy none of us would like it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Anyone who posts in this thread will post in an attempt to lower the difficulty of the game, which is stupid, because if the game was too easy none of us would like it.
    Looks like I'm gonna prove you wrong. :o

I'd like to see Pokemon fully 3-D and third person... and that's about it, really (I think this transition will eventually come sooner or later anyway). The rest already works well enough as it is.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Looks like I'm gonna prove you wrong. :o

I'd like to see Pokemon fully 3-D and third person... and that's about it, really (I think this transition will eventually come sooner or later anyway). The rest already works well enough as it is.

Looks like you proved me wrong.

Just need to nitpick on the issue you brought up in your post; I think that Pokémon will end up as a 3-D game but I amn't anticipating it. It's the gameplay as it is now that made Pokémon the bestselling game that it is, so I'm not sure what would happen if they were to make it 3-D.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, I tend to look at other examples, Rayman, Sonic... even Final Fantasty. They've all survived going 2-D to 3-D. I don't think it'll kill Pokemon as the games we all know and love, but it'll certainly raise a few eyebrows as any change to an established thing would in this internet age.

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
    I think a Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome. In full 3D, in third person, with open-ended gameplay. Sort of WoW-esque. (Wanna join Team Rocket, or become a Pokemon Breeder instead of your average trainer on a journey? Oh yeah.)

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    I think a Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome. In full 3D, in third person, with open-ended gameplay. Sort of WoW-esque. (Wanna join Team Rocket, or become a Pokemon Breeder instead of your average trainer on a journey? Oh yeah.)
    O GOD... Imagine.... if the next generation became popular as wow.

I think a more intense storyline would be better, also what about pokemon version of brawl? That would be amazing.0_0 I always thought of that since the first generation came out.

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    i thought of an idea that is,u r a teamrocket(galactic,magma,ect)and u hav to steal pokemon and instead of winnin the pkmn league and instead of betin the champ u have to beat ash at the very end and then u fialy steal pikachu.then the boss gives u extramissions.instead of the elite 4 they r misty dawn may and brock.the gym leaders could be nurse joy,officer jenny the proffs,gary.paul and more.this is just my idea for a new pkmn game

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    i thought of an idea that is,u r a teamrocket(galactic,magma,ect)and u hav to steal pokemon and instead of winnin the pkmn league and instead of betin the champ u have to beat ash at the very end and then u fialy steal pikachu.then the boss gives u extramissions.instead of the elite 4 they r misty dawn may and brock.the gym leaders could be nurse joy,officer jenny the proffs,gary.paul and more.this is just my idea for a new pkmn game
    That'd certainly make for a fun spinoff.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I'd like more difficulty in the next Pokémon games. I think they have been getting progressively easier and easier. I still play them no matter how easy they are, but that's because I enjoy the 'aftergame'- I'd like to enjoy the game before I finish it too, and I need at least some challenge to be able to do that.

...Rayman, Sonic... even Final Fantasty. They've all survived going 2-D to 3-D. I don't think...

Sonic didn't survive the 2-D to 3-D change.
    Sonic Adventure was okay [2 was playable too], but come on... Sonic Heroes and Sonic 2006 were laughable.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    That'd certainly make for a fun spinoff.
    itt wood be well good.oh yeh u can rob shops as well

sonic didd survive the 2d-3d change as there wer the arcade games and now there r sonic heros,sonic the hedge hog and shadow the hedgehog and they still sell.

i think on the ds eventuarly the battles will look like battle revolution

and finally i dont think wen u beat team galactic and the other teams should disepear or hide in their base wen u complete the story line

oh yeh wats a mmorpg cus i forgot?
    Whats next for pokemon?

while i was searchin the net i found this wicked cool pack this guy made take a look.
    save this pic to ur computer then start a slide show if u want a closer look or zoom in!!!!! the ds version is a remake of gold and silver.hopefully it will become a real game

Last edited:
    Years

I have to agree. That would be a good spinoff. It would be something different. But maybe you have to do some sort of "test". And your answers, depend on which team you are put into. Either Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua or Team Galactic. That would be awesome. But you don't steal just the main characters pokemon, but try to steal almost everyone's until you have acquired every single Pokemon in the Pokedex. Or something like that. And you have to travel from region to region. Now....that would be great.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

It'd be an interesting spin-off game, to say the least. I doubt it'd be any good though, and it'd have to be in 3-D if it wanted to be a success. It's an okay idea, I'll give you that much.

Whats next for pokemon?

while i was searchin the net i found this wicked cool pack this guy made take a look.
    save this pic to ur computer then start a slide show if u want a closer look or zoom in!!!!! the ds version is a remake of gold and silver.hopefully it will become a real game

Ahaha. I remember when those pictures were released on the web and everybody thought that it was real. A lot of people were left emotionally crippled when it was announced that they were fakes. I still think that the artwork is awesome though.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    It's the gameplay as it is now that made Pokémon the bestselling game that it is, so I'm not sure what would happen if they were to make it 3-D.
    To be honest, they could make the change to 3D with only minimal changes to actual gameplay. I mean, look at Final Fantasy VII. They could have easily made it with the same kind of graphics as Final Fantasy VI and it wouldn't have been that different.

In my opinion, a change in overall gameplay (not just graphics) would be an excellent move for Pokemon. I mean, the only real argument against such a move is "It's different, so it sucks." More complicated battle mechanics would probably work wonders for new Pokemon games. Heck, they could just copy ATB and I'd be satisfied. Also, they really need to stop designing new Pokemon, it's clear that they're running out of ideas.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sonic didn't survive the 2-D to 3-D change.
    Sonic Adventure was okay [2 was playable too], but come on... Sonic Heroes and Sonic 2006 were laughable.
    I was just making a simple example. I don't play any of the games I listed there. :|

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010

...XD/Colusseum already has stealing the pokemon, and Mystery dungeon gives you missions. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back