• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's quote that you live by?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    "What does it matter to you
    When you got a job to do?
    You gotta do it well"
    -"Live And Let Die" by Wings

"When the world whispers, 'Give up.'
    Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.'"
    -Author Unknown

The first one I apply to everything I do, always trying to do my best. The second one I apply to my entire life, to remind myself that no matter how difficult life can be, there's always some small spark of hope in the world.

Years
    My fave quotes come from several media...

"You're such a kid!" - Iris from Pokemon

"No need to worry!" - Dawn from Pokemon

"You wouldn't want to get trapped!" - The Caretaker from Trapped! (if you don't know it, it's some sort of reality kid's show from the UK. One of the very few Pom shows I find funny. It's actually screened on the ABC here in Oz.)

"Give me those NOW!" - Harry Potter in Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets.

"Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." - Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

"Leaking is inherently an anti-authoritarian act." - Julian Assange

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Be the change you want to see in the world. - Tina Cohen-Chang

I was born this way - Lady Gaga

Truth is everybody is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. - Bob Marley

They maybe from Songs/Shows but w/e.

Years
    "Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe ruhig auf morgen"
    A popular variation of an old and well-known German saying. The original one encourages punctuality, this one encourages procrastination.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    "Geokjeonghajima sseulsseulhajiman nuguna geureochanha
    yeopeul bwabwa honjaga anya." - T.O.P

English Translation:
    "Don't worry, it may be lonely but you're not the only one, look beside you, you're not alone."

Everyday when I wake up depressed I always think about that. Especially now seeing as I've been in the hospital for a while, it's keeping me up a bit.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    "A champion is not born, a champion is made." -Alan "Xpression" Medina Narvaez

and...

"Dare yourself and show what you're made of." -Daniel "Phantom" Babilonia Torres

I've just been going by those for I don't know how long.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    "Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself."

"Who needs pants when you've got ideas?"

Just because the second one's not that serious doesn't mean it's not true. xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Quote from one of my fav movies

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
    Yoda: That is why you fail

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    It's probably been said lots of different ways by different people, but I most readily recall it from The Doctor;

"Oh, Martha, there's always something worth living for."

I just like to remind myself, even when I'm feeling the worst, that I always have some reason to go on.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Quotes? I have so many!

Life is meaningless unless you bring meaning to it; ... it is up to us to create our own existence. Unless you do something, unless you make something it's as though you aren't there. - Alan Alda

You know, sometimes I think there should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know him before it's OK to shoot him. - Colonel Potter

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. - F.D.R.

I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it. - President Eisenhower

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    "I love humanity, but I hate people."
    Edna St. Vincent Millay
    US poet (1892 - 1950)

Describes my entire life. -.-

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I don't really think there are quotes which I live by in life, but there are those few which I love and really do have deep meaning. Such as:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
    Just something which I like to believe in. The world isn't going to change if you're not going to do anything about it, so do something about it and you will succeed. Hard work will always give results and so on.

"The era where pirates dream will never end"
    It's from One Piece and I really don't care. It's inspirational and I'd like to say that I do follow it somewhat. Don't let other people stop you from what you believe in, and go for it.

"I don't care if someone fails and puts their best into their plays, but I won't forgive anyone who plays with no motivation"
    Gouenji from Inazuma Eleven. Just saying to try your best, and people will always respect you for that. If you put in as much effort as you can and still fail, people won't mind as much as if you don't put all your energy into something. So pretty much, do your best all the time.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    'Don't let what you can't do stop you from what you can do.'
    ~ John Wooden

'Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.'
    ~ B. Olatunji

'The best way to predict your future is to create it.'
    ~ Peter Drucker

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.
    — Baruch Spinoza

I don't live by any particular words, but I came across this recently and I seem to embody it.

Last edited:

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    "A picture is worth a thousand words."
    Seriously, I can look at a picture and it's like reading a thousand words.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    "Remember, you choose your own friends. Stop wasting time and energy fighting with them." - Naoya, Devil Survivor.
    "Nothing you or your friends say will affect my life in any way, shape or form." - Jintan, Ano Hana.

These quotes suddenly got stuck to me.

Back