• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's quote that you live by?

Years
    It can be any quote one you made yourself or got from something or someone else.

For example mine is ;
    "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."
    -Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

Years
    "Hope leads to disappointment."

OK a few others I abide by are;

"Minimum effort - Maximum profit".

"Without understanding, there can be no compassion".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    "Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." - The Great Gatsby

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    "Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow" - Anon.

And Drakow's quote about minimum effort, maximum profit. You can probably tell that I like to procrastinate!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Not sure if I have a quote to live by that someone else has said, but lately I've been telling myself "Gotta take the good with the bad" a lot. So I guess that's the quote I live by these days. I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of it though lol so maybe it's somebody else's quote idgaf.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i used to love quoting quotes but my facebook current states 'make up your own quote' from some point in the relatively distant past when i became disillusioned with my friends/the world. so now i'll just quote some of my favourite lyrics that are spot on for my life:

'Runaway I'm about to get crazy!' - kanye west. basically equates to me seemingly being mature and capable for whatever both irl and online, except that i'm really the complete opposite. not because i'm immature but because i love hilarious antics and i'm usually the one to start them - so it's nearly as if there's two sides of me.

'Invisibly set, the Rolex is faceless, I'm just young, rich and tasteless.' - another kanye west. basically sums up my disillusioned views with money based on this near double-dip recession and my nonchalance towards the opposite gender.

'hope there's someone who'll take care of me, when i die, will i go?' - antony. sums up my thoughts on what everything eventually leads up to.

'as logic stands you couldn't meet a man who's from the future.' - wayne coyne. maths is beauty and neverending truth.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    "Don't worry about the future; after a moment of depression there's the way of resurrection" - ???

I'm not too sure where the quote was originally from, but I've been living by this quote for years now, ever since I found it on a wallpaper (silly, I know). Whenever I feel pathetic, angry, or lost, I just have to remember this quote, and that if I just stay positive and no worry, I can pull myself out of any hole I end up falling into.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    "If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born." - Lil Wayne

Not even a fan of him, but it's the only line that's always stuck with me.

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    "do what you need to be happy"

Quote of the day every day.

Last edited:
    Years
    "It's always darkest before the dawn"
    I know its an old cliche saying but so many times has this saying got me through something tough.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    "If life isn't how you want it, change it"

Actually that's not the real quote because the real one has alternative words that aren't allowed. Aha. I just said it one day and decided to go by it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "Nothing is impossible" - nobody in particular really, probably something I came up with myself, but still! Even though it is true that some things seem impossible, having the mindset of nothing being impossible means that someday even though all odds are against it, that for some magical reason, such a thing will become possible. And hey it's an optimistic way to live tbh.

If we're going by music/singers/whatever, though -
    "Haters can make like bees with no stingers and drop dead" - Eminem / Not Afraid

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    "I love clichés, I love predictable scripts, I love it when they paste over problems and I love it when they force a happy ending too. What's wrong with working towards that?" - Mikado Ryuugamine

Yeah, it's from an anime but it speaks novels to me.

Also, there was an NPC in B&W who said something I really liked:

"When I win, it's because of my Pokemon; when I lose, it's because of me."

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

"Be the change you wish to see." - Vrai's sig lol

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    "Be the change you wish to see." - Vrai's sig lol

yay meee :)

obviously the two big ones i live by are in my sig ;

'become the change that you wish to see' - so if you have a problem go out there and fix it and don't wait for anyone else to do it for you
    'no yesterdays are ever wasted for those who give themselves to today' - basically give it everything you've got and you'll never regret anything

and my last one i think is my favorite

'nothing is impossible until you quit trying' - so don't ever quit! :)

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    "Life is too short for grief. Or regret. Or bull----."
    -Edward Abbey

This quote is pretty awesome too:

"May I blush whenever I suffer one hour to pass unimproved. I will rouse up my mind and fix my attention; I will stand collected within myself, and think upon what I read and what I see; I will strive, with all my soul, to be something more than persons who have had less advantages than myself."
    -John Adams

Back