• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the best GameBoy Color Emulator to use?

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I want color when I play Red and stuff. But nevermind, I already found one.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    VBA (visual boy advance) does it all ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    VBA does color if you put it in SGB/SGB2 mode, I believe. But you can't trade, so you should also get TGB Dual.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
  • As countless people have said, Visual Boy Advance is by far the best choice. :) But you won't be able to trade for R/B/Y.. if that concerns you, go with womensrights second suggestion.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    just going to point out there is a gbc emulator for iphones that you can take anywhere. unlike the gba one it is free.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • just going to point out there is a gbc emulator for iphones that you can take anywhere. unlike the gba one it is free.

You don't need an Iphone to play GBC games on phone. You can use Nokia series, s40 series can run MeBoy (but it sucks too bad, some errors) and if you have s60 you can have GBC, GBA and many others on your phone too. (NES, SNES, SEGA MegaDrive, DOSBox, etc. etc.)

Ok. This post was useless.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    yea but im just pointing out one that is sure to work on a specific phone. i tried vBag (gba emu) on a pantech impact, no dice...

not completely.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Also, final notice that I just got into my mind. vBoy has also Link, so you can play multiplayer games through two phones. And it works just fine. I traded Pokémon with my friend with normal speed. I also battled with my brother, only that I had my speed setup as x2 and brother had normal so those things saw different things to us as I went too fast... (When I killed someone already it didn't show that to my brother yet and so he couldn't choose next Pokémon and I got to fight with yellow Butterfree Lv.0... as the game doesn't understand this kind of things)

Oh, it got so long again as I just wanted to say few words about multiplayer XD

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    You don't need an Iphone to play GBC games on phone. You can use Nokia series, s40 series can run MeBoy (but it sucks too bad, some errors) and if you have s60 you can have GBC, GBA and many others on your phone too. (NES, SNES, SEGA MegaDrive, DOSBox, etc. etc.)

A RANDOM POST:
    Hilarious. You can't emulate on a iPhone or touch without a Jailbreak. And SSHing it in just takes AGES.... but I love iFile/Safari Download Manager

latios123

I like the sky above all!
    Years
  • i know a gbc emulator for r4 , called lameboy
    you cant trade on it as its for r4ds

oh yeah is there a gba emulator for r4ds, because i traded my sapphire game to a friend of mine but i want to play emerald on ds without the slot 2 game pack
    thank you

Last edited:
    Back