• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your earliest memory of Pokémon?

DrDeath

Don't diss Magikarp
Years
  • My earliest memory is when I was five and sitting at my desk in school and arguing with the person beside me, who was better charmander or squirtle.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
  • Me, when I was six my friend showing me Pokemon cards and me falling in love with them. That was my P-Mon beginning.

Spoiler:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Probably seeing the TV commercials on Cartoon Network, that or watching one of my brother's friends play Red version. XD I remember thinking that the game looked boring :x

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Uhmm...playing Red version and I remember my cousin and I pretending that we were Pokemon. He was always Zubat and I was Vulpix. xD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    My dad gave me a used gameboy cause he didn't think i would know how to play it anyway, i turned the gameboy on, played pokemon blue and went on with my day! :) Mom and dad were amazed that i could catch on to gameboys that quick! :P

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Good times!!! lol Me and my brother were fighting over a charmeleon pokemon card that came with the nintendo power magazine long time ago. lol

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
  • Me and my cousin where in the back yard racing through, er.. whats the mountain in kanto? Everyways. I was on Blue and she was on Yellow. I beat her because she had to beat Jessie and James :)

Years
  • Hmm... I was really young... maybe 5?
    Two of my brothers were into Pokemon, and I decided I'd give it a try. :P

I was playing Yellow version.. battling with my Pikachu, and then my Pikachu was defeated! :O
    I thought Pikachu was dead.. and started crying..

GamerFreak

PokéCommunity Helper
    Years
  • My first memory was seeing the advertisements for Pokémon Red and Blue versions, and then finding a leaf green card later on. That is what started my first interest though. That was quite some time ago.​

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
  • It was probably my sixth birthday and my soon-to-be father gave me three packs of Pokemon Cards. Venusaur on one pack, Blastoise on the second, and Charizard on the third. The pokemon I only knew of at the time was that "yellow think with the pink cheeks" however, I remember from (I think) the blastoise pack, I got a Venusaur holographic.

Years
  • The very first time I'd ever heard of Pokemon was the day I first saw the anime.
    I must have been 8 or 9 years old, I was at my afterschool program (A daycare thing) and my step-brother had picked me up really early that day. Pokemon was on TV at around 4:30, and my mom normally never even got off work until then.

I've loved it ever since <3

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
  • My first memory is when I was 8, it'd just come out here, and my friends were all wanting to play pokemon during recess. They tried to get me to join in but I didnt know what in the world it was XD I had to be a charmander, and had to keep asking what charmanders could do

Years
  • I was around 11 or 12 when the anime first came out here. I watched the beginning of one episode, and thought it looked boring, so I shut off the TV. A couple of days later, I decided to seriously watch an episode, and it was one that involved Ash battling a Metapod. Later on, I saw the one where Ash and his friends had to rescue Charmander. I think from then on, I started actually liking Pokemon.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    When my god brother let me play his Silver Version.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Earliest... yes...

When I was about 2 or 3 (btw, I'm really young ;P maybe some of you remember my age), I remember watching the show when it was rather new like everyday. I can't remember the episode I saw first, but the themesong got stuck in my head and I couldn't stop humming it :D (of course failed the melody but still tried to hum it ;P)

Back