• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's your favorite 3rd generation Pokémon and why?

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I had a lot of fun with Gardevoir.

I know what I said :b hahahhaha but generation 3 was when I had a really strong Gardevoir. It was an ace in battles against my friends at the time.

I also had a Swampert that achieved master rank in the beauty contest.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Pok?mon-wise, Gen 3 is among my favourites, so choosing just one is almost impossible. I really like Gardevoir, Skitty, Abby, Altaria, and Torchic. Oh, and Jirachi and the Latis!

I know that's a long-ish list, but Spheal with it; it was hard enough narrowing it down this much. And yes, that means Spheal can be added to the list as well...

Sytiourious

#PopplioDefenseSquad
Years
Manectric, Flygon, and Camerupt are all in my top 10 favorite pokemon of all time. Even with ORAS, I can't do a playthrough without these three on my team. They're just too precious to me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Pok?mon-wise, Gen 3 is among my favourites, so choosing just one is almost impossible. I really like Gardevoir, Skitty, Abby, Altaria, and Torchic. Oh, and Jirachi and the Latis!

I know that's a long-ish list, but Spheal with it; it was hard enough narrowing it down this much. And yes, that means Spheal can be added to the list as well...

Same here, out of all the Pokemon gens, I think Hoenn had the best region as well as the best Pokemon.

My first favorite would have to be Metagross; Second favorite; Cradily; and finally for third; Flygon.

But overall, I love every Pokemon from third gen, I think they had the best designs.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Non-Legendary: Metagross. One of the coolest steel type designs ever. I don't know what's going on with his mega-evolution, though.

Legendary: Deoxys. I absolutely adore the sleek, robotic, DNA-inspired design of this pokemon. The fact that it gets multiple forms and has killer stats is icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
I actually really love Banette. That was my favorite Pokemon as a kid, so much so that I had an extremely cringy OC who used Banette as her main Pokemon. I think it was the way his sprite was drawn - the arm pose made him look very cat-like.

Last edited:
Years
My favorite is Flygon, because of its design, but also its typing (I love Ground Pokemon) and its decent stats.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I am always partial to the starters for some reason. My fav is either the Mudkip line or Torchic line

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Sharpedo, because it has a great design, a good dual-typing (and better than Crawdaunt in battle imo) and high attack and speed stats. Only downside of it is it's defense. Apart from that, it's a graet Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • She/Her
  • Canada
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Beautiflly.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had a love for butterflies, which explains my love for this pokemon. They represent transformation, beauty, and resilience. I love Beautifly's design, it's just the cutest thing, and I enjoyed watching May battle with her Beautifly in the anime when I was growing up. To this day, Beautifly is one of my all-time favourite Pokemon.

Last edited:

op swellow

"The Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon"
Years
Favorite pokemon of gen 3, for me is swellow. Flying types were always my favorite ones, but swello has such a nice design, the mix of both of its colors specially. As soon as a I saw a Taillow I knew I would always use it haha.

Years
This is hard. Pokemon on this position rotate for me and Slakoth has a honor to call itself my favourite Pokemon at the time. I love sloths and I'm glad they made Pokemon inspired by them and with fitting ability.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Zangoose i just love it and i was obsessed with it.
In Ruby, I always kept a Zangoose on my team ASAP and it was my main champ. Such a cool and useful pokémon, I love it.

Beautiflly.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had a love for butterflies, which explains my love for this pokemon. They represent transformation, beauty, and resilience. I love Beautifly's design, it's just the cutest thing, and I enjoyed watching May battle with her Beautifly in the anime when I was growing up. To this day, Beautifly is one of my all-time favourite Pokemon.
Do you also like Masquerain? It's not a butterfly perhaps, but similar c: I always kind of thought Beautifly was a weirder version of Butterfree, but more recently I've come to appreciate how very cute Beautifly really is. I still think Masquerain is one of the very most adorable things there is though <3

Other than those, I also like many more, such as Mawile. A very unique and interesting (and cute!) pokémon.

Back