• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite battle(s) of the anime?

Years
    I think the title says it all!
    Some of my favourites is Ash vs Brandon(third battle), vs Spencer, vs Paul (Sinnoh league), vs Alain (Kalos league) And many many more haha.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Aside from those mentioned (minus Ash vs Alain in league since every battle was rushed), Paul vs Cynthia. Paul was getting arrogant over beating Ash so many times/obsessed with getting stronger and seeing him brought back to earth by what would have been a 6-0 vs Cynthia's Garchomp was delightful to watch.

Contest battles are also pretty good to watch.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Loved his battle with Paul in the Sinnoh league, and for a bit of a throwback, his battle with Gary in the Johto league was really intense and a lot of fun to watch too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Some of my favorites: Charizard vs Magmar in "Volcanic Panic"
    Blastoise vs Charizard and Blaziken vs Charizard in the Johto Silver Conference
    Ash's battle vs Drake to win the Orange Islands league

Years
    Back when I watched the anime I really enjoyed Ash vs Gary (Johto League), Ash vs May (Advanced Gen Finale), Ash vs Nando (Sinnoh League), Ash vs Conway (Sinnoh League), Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League), Brock vs Saturn and Dawn vs Zoe I think her name was (Sinnoh Grand Festival). Basically I really loved Sinnoh and remember it much more clearly than the others but a few earlier ones have stuck with me lol.

I also really liked Mew vs Mewtwo, Charizard vs Entei and Dialga vs Palkia (vs Darkrai) from the movies.

Years
    The first one that comes to my mind is Ash vs Blaine with the cliffhanger.
    Another one I loved was Ash vs Sabrina.

Zlexar

Steel on the outside, Fairy on the inside
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    Definitely Satoshi v Shota - Kalos League Semifinals.
    XYZ playing, Satoshi screaming Mizu Shuriken! while Shota is almost crying from the excitement.
    I think that is my Top 1, XY&Z was an amazing season.

Back