• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite beginner bird?

Favorite bird evo line?

• Total voters

Kojak

Ace Trainer Kojak
Years
  • Pretty simple. In Kanto there was the Pidgey line, Johto had Hoothoot, Hoenn had Taillow, and Sinnoh has Starly.

What's your favorite and why?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Note that Ash has had the final stage of all four lines, so he clearly doesn't have a preference. Though Noctowl IS shiny...

I don't have a favorite.

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Pidgey line for sure.

A. Ash had one
    B. Pidgeot looks awesome
    C. Mum got me a massive Pidgeot plush when i was 7

Too bad it is unusable in competitive battling :)

Kojak

Ace Trainer Kojak
    Years
  • Personally I like the Staraptor line. They're very powerful and the design is really nice.

The Pidgeot line came in a close second.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm gonna say the Pidgey line only because it's the only one I've actually used on a team (most recently in SS, in fact). I really don't use them an awful lot, though.

I still don't understand why all of them are half-Normal... a big reason I don't train them more often (I typically have another Normal-type on my team).

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    Probably Pidgey, since it was the first Pokémon I caught in the Red version, and I always catch one when I want to play FR/LG versions. Pidgeot is win!

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    Spea-- oh wait.

I suppose I'd say the Starly line. Out of the four listed, it's been the only one I've kept in my team for most of the game.

Years
  • I find this thread's lack of Spearow disturbing.
    Spearow line is by far my favorite derp bird line, looking pretty cool, having better stats than most of the others, getting Drill Peck...

But, Spearow's not here so I think I'll have to go with the Hoothoot line then, because of an inside joke.

Ayselipera

Out of these my answer has to go to Pidgey. I find the whole line to be really memorable since Ash had a Pidgeotto which eventually evolved into Pidgeot in the anime. While in both R/B/Y and G/S/C it was pretty much the main bird. Plus it was the first bird Pokemon I ended up catching and raising. I guess some things just carry too much nostalgia to ignore.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Noctowl gets Hypnosis and Dream Eater. As such it is made of more win than most people can comprehend.

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    starly line because they are stronger than any starter bird type

Back