• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats your favorite book

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    I don't read books all that often, but I do like the Harry Potter series.

I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan, and I've read the Ep.III novel, which is probably the best, the Darth Bane Trilogy, and both The Force Unleashed novels.

I'm also a fan of the Animorphs series. I read all 54 (or 53?) books late in high-school. Still do when I'm bored enough.

That's about it, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The "Series of Unfortunate Events" books would be my favorite. I read the whole series when I was in Middle School. Today I'm really into biographies and non-fiction books. My favorite-favorite book of all time is Nobody Knows by Mary Jane Clark.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Hmm, this is a toughie.

The Bronze Horseman/The Bridge to Holy Cross
    The Picture of Dorian Gray
    War & Peace
    Great Expectations
    The Wizard of Oz
    Watchmen
    V for Vendetta

I could honestly have a very long list but I'll stop here, because I've never been able to narrow down my favorite books.

Last edited:

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    - Any book by Darren Shan
    - Percy Jackson Series
    - Skullduggery Pleasant
    - All Bleach manga
    - Artemis Fowl Series

I am a huge book reader. I do love my fiction xD

peterb

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    My favourite Books are as below:

- The Da Vinci Code
    - Pride and Prejudice
    - To the Lighthouse
    - Lord of the Flies
    - Heart of Darkness

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    All I want is the Harry Potter series, the best among the rest! <3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My favourite book of all time is Sphere by Michael Crichton. I tend to really enjoy thriller novels so a few more favourites are by him and I like Dan Brown books as well. @_@

My favourite series would have to be Harry Potter though.

I'm not too big on reading so a lot of my favourites are just mainstream things. :p

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My New Years resolution was to read more.

Which started off okay. I reread Jurassic Park, one of my favourites. And... now I don't really have the time to read more books. I had a list of books I'd like to reread, books I've bought and haven't read, and just others I've been meaning to read.

I don't think it's going to happen.

I'd say Jurassic Park, Angels & Demons, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as being my favourites.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm an avid reader, so picking just one won't work for me D:

my favorites:

1. A Thousand Splendid Suns (I read this in one sitting, it's amazing, READ IT)
    2. Memoirs of a Geisha (I try and read it once a year, the story never gets old for me)
    3. The Other Boleyn Girl (It's book 2 of a 6 book series, and it's so captivating, I can't put it down!)

there are a bunch of others I enjoy, but these are my top favorites that I could read over and over and never tire of.

Dulcet

The epitome of crazy
    Years
    I read a lot of books, but the ones which I can say are my favorites are the ones that I can read over and over again without getting bored. They are:

The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
    The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix
    The Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman
    And Bleach if you can include manga. :3

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Well my long running fvouries are any kind of diary format books [Louise Rennisson, Joanna Nadin, Grace Dent] Harry Potter and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Triology of Four. [Eoin Colfer wasn't great doing the sequel though >< he's got nothing on Douglas!]
    The books that have stood out most to me are "The Declaration" and "The Resistance" by Gemma Malley.
    Thought what we're reading in English class, "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, is very good.

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    My favorite books are The Notebook, A Walk to Remember written by Nicholas Sparks, Rage of Angels, Heart Breaker, Travelers Wife, Harry Potter and Twilight Series.

statha

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I got number of books on different topics and also like so many books, But my all time favourite books are - The Da Vinci Code and Heart of Darknes, Both are nice book and amazing wording and story. Interesting books and like to read again and again.

dizzyKitty

The Confuzzled Coding Cat
    Years
    The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, His Dark Materials (<3), Stargirl, Tuck Everlasting, Watership Down, The Dragonriders of Pern, Ender's Sage, The Hunger Games Trilogy, the list goes on. :3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I was in love with the Junie B. Jones series when I was a kid (and Captain Underpants :3) But right now my favorite book is the Kite Runner. Its long, but the story was worth it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm an avid reader, so picking just one won't work for me D:

my favorites:

1. A Thousand Splendid Suns (I read this in one sitting, it's amazing, READ IT)
    2. Memoirs of a Geisha (I try and read it once a year, the story never gets old for me)
    3. The Other Boleyn Girl (It's book 2 of a 6 book series, and it's so captivating, I can't put it down!)

there are a bunch of others I enjoy, but these are my top favorites that I could read over and over and never tire of.

The first two books are two of my all-time favourite books! <3

I'm not the bookworm I used to be, but I also enjoyed The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, and the Harry Potter Series.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Some of my favourite series are

∆ Eragon, I am waiting for the fourth book. The movie was good before I read the book, but with the book read it is a load of crap to be straight forward. It is nothing like the book, and the book was too large to make a movie out of it. Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr were a great series, but I hope the fourth book comes out before I start to loose my interest in fantasy. The books are big and detailed and very engaging. I thought the author was really creative with this series, and it was meant to be a trilogy but he got too carried away and couldn't fit the story in three books only XD

∆ Tomorrow series, based on Australia getting sprung with a surprise invasion and being taken over by an Asian nation, which was not stated in the book (probably because of any offense to the nation). The story follows are a bunch of teenagers who have not being taken prisoner yet and follows their survival in the bush and how they are trying to sabotage the enemy when they can. It takes a really unexpected twist when they rescue a bunch of young children later in the series, and there is a fair bit of death in it. The movie was really good I thought, the story wasn't changed too much, a little was though. The first series of seven books were really engaging, but it was really in depth about the main characters emotions all the time, so it wasn't all just killing, killing, killing. She is recounting what happened so there is a lot of emotion in it. Same with the second series based after Australia is divided and terrorist groups sneaking over the boarders. That adds more depth to the series and shows you how everyone is recovering but I thought the end was rather sad. The series is not a happy series, it is more depressing and makes you think how lucky we are.

∆ Maximum Ride series, my current series I am reading. At first I thought it was going to be too childish for me but in the and the series got me hooked and I couldn't stop reading. I was reading 200 pages a day forcing myself to stop, so I guess I am loving it XD I want wings now x;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back