• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite game? C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Off the top of my head:
    Sonic CD
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3&K
    Tales of Symphonia
    Tales of the Abyss
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Pokemon Red
    Pokemon Crystal
    Pokemon Platinum
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
    Sims 2
    Pokemon Gold
    Harvest Moon DS

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    Your Top 10 Video Games of 2000 - 2009

Welcome to the top 10 video games of the decade, this is how it works.

1) display the the top 10 video games from 2000 - 2009 you like the most.
    2) Tell your reasons why for each of them to be more reasonable.

Note: you may increase your decrease your top 10 games if your want to. It is 10 (in default).

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Well I'll have to say Sims 2 because that game is a ffffffff amazing, it was such an improvement from sims 1 that I loved it.. Then I have to say sims 3 just when I thougt the game couldn't get any better, they make sims 3 I just love it... Tho it's missing the little pets, but thats ok, seeing it's so worth much more worth it, and taking out the no loading.. BRAVO!!!
    Then I would have to say... Pokemon Pearl, just an awesome game I effin love it.. :D
    Ok, ermmm I don't play that many video games but I just have to say that Primal was a really good game, tho I didn't play it I did watch my older brothers play it... And all those Marvel games really should be up there, my little brother owns so many of them and they are really fun to play in 2 players.. :D
    And both of the Kingdom heart games!! Hand down with the best games ever.. <3
    Ok so I'll edit once I remember more.. :D

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
    1.cod mod 2
    2.cod 4
    3.pokemon platinum
    4.Dragonballz Buu's fury
    5.pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky
    6.Virtual on: cyber troopers
    7.left 4 dead 2
    8.pokemon gold
    9.dragonballz log 2
    10.resident evil 4

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    1. Spore (PC)
    2. Digimon World Dawn/Dusk (DS)
    3. Zoo Tycoon (PC)
    4. Pokemon Platinum (DS)
    5. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC)
    7. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
    8. Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
    9. Dinosaur King (Arcade)
    10. Star Fox Adventures (GC)

Last edited:
    Years
    No particular order...

~Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas == vehicle variety; map size; gameplay, after and during the the story; music only complaint
    ~Grand Theft Auto IV == download content; Euphoria physics engine ^__^; map size; in-game quotes; Sprunk is everywhere...
    ~Super Mario Galaxy == offered me a unique gaming experience; Super Luigi Galaxy got me to stop playing...
    ~Little Big Planet == I've played it, never owned it or a ps3. Still, funner than poopin'.
    ~Pokemon Platinum == Could say GSC, but considering this is what I game...
    ~Kingdom of Loathing == education is awesome; stick art MMORPG ftw; and the racy humor helps
    ~Halo 3 == I was not in line for this; I suck at the mp; the campaign is what I prefer
    ~Gears of War 2 == fun campaign; innovative cover usage
    ~God of War 2 == Violence! Piss on the puzzles! Kill mythological icons! Blood and gore!
    ~Mass Effect == Better than any Star Trek game will EVER be...

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    All the way back to 2000? Let see...

1. Grandia II (Dreamcast/PS2) I don't think I've played as fun as an RPG as this.
    2. Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast/Gamecube) Sky Pirate RPG? You can't beat it.
    3. Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) Vastly superior to the first
    4. Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2) One of the best storylines I've seen in a game.
    5. Shenmue (Dreamcast) Revolutionary game indeed. Sad that the 3rd game will never be completed.
    6. Silent Hill 2 (PS2/Xbox) In my opinion, scariest game ever.
    7. Ico (PS2) Underrated game, and a unique experiece.
    8. Fire Emblem 7 (GBA) My second favorite FE game, with addicting gameplay.
    9. Super Robot Wars OG (GBA) I don't get why they haven't released more of the SRW games. They're plain fun.
    10. Baten Kaitos: Origins (Gamecube) One of the most difficult games I've played, but the story is really what keeps you going.

Nothing from a current gen system. I'm a fan of the old stuff. :D If you can call it old.

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    1. Final Fantasy X - The game that introduced me to the final fantasy series. I love to play this game, even today. The graphics still impress, and the storyline is beautiful

2. Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time - Brilliant JRPG, lots of extras, tons of fun to be had.

3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Setting the new standard for online FPS. I just can't stop playing this one.

4. Pokémon SoulSilver - A brilliant remake of a brilliant game. Just love this game.

5. Borderlands - Best FPS/RPG to date. I put it above Fallout 3.

6. Fallout 3 - Great Atmosphere, lovable characters. An all around good western rpg

7. Dark Chronicle - I loved the game's storyline. I feel it was very underrated as a game.

8. Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Plenty of good times to be remembered with my friends. Always did love playing those space battle levels to death.

9. No More Heroes - Who doesn't love assassins wielding lightsabre-esque weapons with a ton of blood and gore, with a unique art style to top it off. Even if shaking the wiimote to recharge my beam katana made me look like a total idiot. Tons of laughs to be had here.

10. Fable II. - A great RPG. It's quite short, but it's nice to come back and play this if you have a little time free.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    My list will be based on games that I have beaten. Not with 100 percent, but just the main story. I know it asks for the top 10, but I can't deliver that. This is my top 14 games of the past decade that I have completed. Why 14? Well that's because I had a bunch of ties, and I want to include all of them in this, so that they aren't left out.

Number 14: Pokemon Emerald (2005) What can I say? Pokemon Emerald is a great game that completes the Hoenn Series, and truly I had fun with it. The later bosses can be tough in comparison to the other games in the series, but that's mostly a good thing. (CoughTateandLisacough) The graphics were good, not as good as FR/LG, but good enough, and the plot, while a lot the same as Ruby and Sapphire, which didn't impress me, is also a lot different. This is my 3rd favorite pokemon game, and my 10th favorite game that existed in the past decade.

Number 13: Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury (2004) Yeah, the third in the Dragon Ball Z Action RPG series. The graphics, in my opinion, aren't bad, but they're not anything too amazing, but that's my opinion. However, graphics aren't the most important thing. I love the battle system, and I like the music and plot, so yes, I am a Dragon Ball fan. However, there is a reason it is so low on the list, and if it were fixed, this one would probably be number 8. The problem is the leveling system. It can break the game, if you do it right, and by that I mean put all of the points in ATK or POW, and you'll pwn everyone. But despite that, I had fun with this.

Number 12: Final Fantasy III DS (2006) Come on, there has to be a Final Fantasy title in here somewhere. And while 4 is probably the better choice, I have never played it, so I can't judge it. This is the last game that was never released, and what a wait. I had a lot of fun with it, but the lack of Phoenix Downs made it tedious to run through the dungeons. You can't screw up here, or you're dead. I like the fact that it seems to have a bunch of unrelated plots until nearly the very end, but I would have liked to see more of Xande. I won't spoil the final dungeon, but it is hard. But I found it to be a very rewarding experience. Graphics are blocky, but it's the DS, not the PSP.

Number 11: Pokemon Platinum (2009) This is an incredible game. It is easily one of the best games I have ever played in my life, and I can't believe that it's only number 11 on this list. The graphics are pretty good, as far as Pokemon goes. I like the changes to the plot a lot, and to see my favorite pokemon actually do the first thing in a Pokemon game to surprise me, was incredibly awesome. The difficulty of this game spiked from D/P, and I have trouble against the Elite 4, first time, which is good. However, there's another Pokemon Game that trumphs it entirely.

Number 10: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Explorers of Darkness! (2008) Despite getting low scores, this game, to me comes in at Number 10, and is my favorite Pokemon Game, even though it is a spin-off. The plot is amazing, and the best I have ever seen in a pokemon game, and it's pretty tough near the end of the main story. The graphics are kind of GBA-ish, but that's part of the charm to me. I can't imagine it any other way. And the music is pretty good as well. The Battle System is, in my opinion, better then the main games themselves.

Number 9: Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II (2003) Arguably the best in the series. The graphics aren't the greatest, but it really does bring me a lot of fun. Most was said when I talked about Buu's Fury, but the fights... aren't ridiculiously easy in this one. They're not hard, but they're not that easy either. That's the difference.

Number 8: Kirby Super Star Ultra (2008): Kirby Super Star Ultra is a remake of the original Kirby Super Star of SNES fame. It is a lot the same, but with extra modes. I have 100 percented this game thrice now, and I'd gladly play it a fourth time. It is just that fun that it never gets old. It's incredible. There is no solid plot, so don't expect something amazing on everything... except Milky Way Dreams, and even that is a bit lacking, but it is a fun game.

Number 7: Kingdom Hearts II (2006): Kingdom Hearts II is also amazing. While not much compliment it's plot, and while it is not that good in comparison to others, I like it. Is it a sin to like KH II's plot? Well to many people, yes. The battle system is awesome, and I like the characters. I can overlook the yaoi undertones to enjoy this game, because let's face it, they are there to attract the yaoi crown to this. But that doesn't make it a bad game. If you hate yaoi, and can spot it through undertones, then you'll probably cringe at this game, unless you can overlook it.

Number 6: Super Mario Galaxy (2007): Super Mario Galaxy, voted on in a certain thread here to be the true 'Black Sheep' of the Mario games. This takes number 6 on this list because I don't find it to be lacking in any way. The plot, is standard Mario fare. Bowser kidnaps Peach, Mario must rescue her. But seriously, who goes to a main Mario game and expects some epic, amazing plot? Anyway, the graphics are pretty good, and the game is fun, and fairly easy. However, there are a couple of stages that are pretty tough on here that must have you take caution, but for the most part, it's a fun, albeit easy game.

Number 5: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door (2004): Finally a Mario RPG in this mess. This is my Number 5 pick due to how much fun it is, and how good, in my opinion, the plot is. The best of the Paper Mario Trilogy by far, this one was pretty easy, actually. All except the last boss, who is pretty tough. 150 HP, 7 ATK which can go up to 17, and 0 DEF which can go up to 3. While that sounds easy, it isn't. The graphics are bad, but not in a bad way. It's a nice 2-D, but nothing like 3-D. It is part of its charm.

Number 4: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009) Come on, you wouldn't expect this? This is my number spot because I do believe that this game has earned it. It is short, as I have clocked it in at 15:00 approximately, but it is fun. Like Super Star Ultra, I haven't gotten bored with it. It isn't so linear, and even has some tough bosses in it. Also some of the most epic final boss music composed by the same artist that composed for Kingdom Hearts, Yoko Shimomura. This game deserves its spot on this chart, but this is only my second favorite Mario RPG. The first goes to...

Number 3: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003): Yeah, the original is best. This is one of my favorite games and was number one for a while, but it got booted down to number three thanks to a couple of games that came out. This game is freaking amazing. The plot is pretty good, it has some good humor, and it has a great Battle System. The graphics are pretty good, in my opinion, for the GBA, and it was an experience to play, and introduced me to games outside of Pokemon.

Number 2: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008): Oh, come on Professionals, suck it up it still exists. This game is great. Sure, tripping sucks, but still. The graphics are pretty good, the fighting is Smash Bros, so it's good, and this is probably the greatest thing I have seen in a while, with the exception of number 1, but we can wait. The stages are fun, but the stage builder kind of sucks. Sorry, but I wish we could get more variation in it. The story mode is awesome as well, and tells a good story with very little, if not any dialogue. It was rushed near the end, and I wish I could have seen more of the plot and a few more Boss battles. And would it have killed them to make even the fights against other characters have health meters? I would have loved that, simply for consistancy, but others would hate it. The game can be really easy, or really hard depending on setting, and the music in this is hit and miss. I wish I could have heard a track like Galacta Knight in place of Forest Sounds. Despite all of the problems I'm listing off, it still comes in at number 2, and it is the reason I'm listing them off. Now here comes Number 1.

Number 1: Tales of Symphonia (2004): Tales of Symphonia. It is, and I do not lie. One of the greatest, if not the greatest RPG I have ever played. The plot is amazing, if you can stick it out for the first few hours, because before the Tower of Salvation, the game is generic. But it does get better. The Battle System is typical of a 'Tales of' game, which is an active battle system where you control the characters. The characters are pretty good for the most part, but a couple don't seem like they belong, and by a couple, I mean Regal. I can't think of a time in which I used him. He could have been an NPC, and fulfilled the same thing, in my opinion, but whatever. The graphics aren't bad, in fact, they're good. They're not amazing, but good. The game can range from easy to very difficult, if you do the right things in the first time through to make the second either tougher or easier. What's another problem? You can level up to ridiculious standards in this. I haven't done the side-quests yet, but I beat the game at Level 50-60. The max is 200, I believe. I don't exactly know. It's kind of unneccessary to make it that high unless you have a ridiculiously tough boss. (Abyssion) Oh, right... him. Well, it's still a tad extreme, in my opinion. This is number one for a reason, and that reason is that it is a fun game. An awesome game as well, and... yeah.

That concludes my list of the Top 10 games of 2000-2009, hope you enjoyed it. Oh, and if you're wondering why Halo, or Call of Duty, or something like that isn't on here, it's because I hate FPS with all of my heart. They really don't appeal to me like Platformers or RPGs. But I don't hate people who like them. It's your preference. Also, I don't like the XBOX 360 too much, but that's something else entirely.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokemon Ruby - Even though Emerald is far better than this game, MY memories lie in Ruby. I spent so much time on this game and even had my brother in fear of a Glalie that he couldnt defeat in my old secret base on his Sapphire. I love this game so much and refuse to ever sell it.

Pokemon Pearl/Platinum - Pearl is the reason why I am even on PC and I learned everything I know about competetive battling in this specific generation. I also have come to love Roserade more than any Pokemon before and after it. I was just able to take in so much in Pearl and even more in Platinum which enhanced my experience with the Battle Facilities.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS3) - My first time ever giving COD a look into and I will never let it go. This game speaks for itself.

Jet Set Radio Future (Original XBox) - OMG how much I love this game!!! I was certainly in love with the cell shading effects, the characters and the most unique soundtrack of anygame I have heard ever. A classic in my mind.

Metroid Prime Hunters - Still, the best shooter on the DS with great graphics and its own strategic system. I have so many memeries attatched to it. I took serious advantage of Trace's invisability ability. Waiting on a sequel (I almost said "Sqeakuel!")

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - I am simply amazing at this game and got so far on a PS3 that wasnt even mine that I had to buy it once I bought my 360 in October. I feel as if this game was made for me.

Mario Kart DS - Love this game especially since I could take Waluigi "on the road".

Call of Duty: World at War - I loved this more than Modern Warfare though most people hated it. Nazi Zombies is simply amazing and will forever be remembered.

Modern Warfare 2: ...

Halo 3 - ...

Sorry, I have to go over 10

Super Smash Bros. Melee -One of the greatest game sin my history. I loved it and probably played it for a thousand hours. Its where Ness and I started dating.

Years
    Ooo. Only 10?
    That is tough...

~Shadow Of The Colossus (2006)
    This game was just simply beautiful and awe inspiring. The story was outstanding for me and just breath-taking creatures.
    Team Iko are genius's!

~Resident Evil 4 (2005)
    I loved this game so much that I have recently completed it.
    The storyline, although a little comical, was awesome. The visuals were stunning for then and game play was intuitive.

~Tales of Symphonia (2004)
    First Tales's RPG I really got into; and the only one to this day. Everyone in the story was bright, interesting and didn't seem like they had their personalities copied from someone else in the game.
    The graphics were different but ideal for the style of the game.
    There was enough to do to keep me occupied for a while.

~Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2003)
    This re-defined the PoP series, after the first one which was rather shocking. New and interesting concepts kept me interested =]

~Thief II (2000)
    One of the only games, in my opinion, to do stealth well. I had this when I was younger and played it again and again before my old old old computer died =[

~Silent Hill 2 (2001)
    THE, and I mean THE, GREATEST HORROR GAME EVER CREATED!
    I am not joking. This game had me in a state of pure fear. No when you are scared when something jumped out at you, but more the lack of it.
    The game seems to just give you a setting and sits back and watches you scare yourself.
    Re-played it less than a month ago.

~Uncharted - Drake's Fortress (2007)
    This game opened my eyes to adventure games and made me like them. They weren't my normal-go-to games but it made me re-consider =]

~Left 4 Dead (2008)
    The first sole Zombie game that I have really enjoyed. Always played with friends and lead to many tears of laughter. Priceless.

~Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
    Don't really need to explain this one :P

~Fifa 2010 (2009)
    The best football game ever. Enough said.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Dynasty Warriors series
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
    Tekken series
    Soul Calibur III
    Pokemon series
    Cooking Mama
    Ace Attorney series
    Nintendogs
    Kingdom Hearts II

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Oh Great......
    I really find more and more games from this topic........
    Thank You.....
    From my past I played so many games but I like These games......
    1)prince of persia (Sand of Time,Warrior within,true thrown)

2)GTA vice City

3)Hitmen 1,2,3

4)FIFA 07,08,09

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I don't play many video games so it's not like I'll be able to put together a whole list, but my favorite shall be Burnout Paradise. Actually, my true favorite is this 6-degrees-of-freedom FPS for the PC called Descent 3, but hardly anybody has heard of it... :[

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Whats your favorite game C

Im kind of curious to see if everyones kids are pretty much the same, or if the answers will vary a whole lot.

What do your kids have on their Christmas list? Also, whether they are boy or girl and age

My Daughter is 8 and her Christmas list is :

Zhu Zhu Pets
    ICarly game for the DS and the Wii
    Littlest Pet Shop DS game
    Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story for DS
    Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics for DS
    Rabbits Go Home for DS I never even heard of this one...she may be making it up LOL
    Littlest Pet Shops then she puts..."Cute ones" HA
    A stuffed cat that looks like Grandmas cat
    A Big Blue chihuahua again...I have NO idea what she is talking about...I assume its a stuffed toy?? Maybe she saw it in a catalog???

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My favourites are probably
    Pokémon Ruby,
    Age of Empires II,
    Deus Ex,
    Half-Life,
    LBA2,
    Roller Coaster Tycoon and
    Knights of the Old Republic.

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
    Years
    Well if i mentioned my favorite games i would put a long and boring list filled with pokemon games. But instead i'll make a list my favorite franchises ordered in the way they're ranked as my favorites:

#1 Pokemon
    #2 Earthbound/Mother
    #3 Legend of Zelda
    #4 Super Mario (Not spin off games like Mario Party)
    #5 Well any awesome RPG i like!

Alec_

Years
    Uh, There's so many of it~ :3

Left 4 Dead both 1 and 2.
    Pokemon
    Legend of Zelda
    FarmVille
    Harvest Moon~ :P

and so much more. hhaha~ ^^:

Status
    Not open for further replies.