• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite music genre?

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    It's nice to see that rock and pop are both popular.

My favourite music genre is pop and all the variations therein. I'm a crazy fan of KPop and I do like a majority of 'pop' artists who have released material in the UK or America. While some of it isn't to my taste or, I feel, is a little overrated, I still do like a lot of it and my iPod most contains pop (or pop-rock, etc). My second favourite genre would probably be alternative, purely because some artists I am huge fans of are considered alternative - I could say the same for rock, but alternative is more general than rock is.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I usually listen to:
    Old school Rap/Hip-hop
    Southern Rap
    Underground Rap
    Parody songs (Mostly by Weird Al)
    80s Rock.

LordApex

Problem?
    Years
    I'm a huge post-rock fan, but I love 90's alt/grunge, prog rock, metal (real metal), indie, and.. some electronica. Fu..Heck yeah!

My LastFM would cover my tastes very well, but I can't link to it. My favorite bands are anything Devin Townsend related, Dredg, Rush, Ben Folds, Everclear, Third Eye Blind, Soundgarden, Explosions in the Sky, God is an Astronaut, Angels and Airwaves. You know, things of that nature.

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
    Definitely Pop!I like any kind of Pop music (like Pop-Rock,Pop-Country etc.)My other favorite music genre are Rock.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    well I like a variety of music but I go with guitar solos being my favourite :D
    That's pretty sad if you think that's a music genre.

My favorite music genre is Heavy Metal; like Deathcore, Grindcore, Crabcore(Attack Attack!), etc.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    My favorite bands are anything Devin Townsend related,

Niiiiice. You must be into SYL? They're one of my favorite metal bands. Devin is such an underrated metal vocalist.

My favorite music genre is Heavy Metal; like Deathcore, Grindcore, Crabcore(Attack Attack!), etc.

Grindcore is actually more punk than metal. :P
    My favorite music genres are death metal, melodeath, and thrash metal. The good kind. I don't listen to all subgenres of metal neither.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I like Rock, Pop and R&B, oh yeah anything with P!nk then yeah i love it ^^.

LordApex

Problem?
    Years
    Niiiiice. You must be into SYL? They're one of my favorite metal bands. Devin is such an underrated metal vocalist..

Bro, I love everything Devin. Including Hummer and Devlap. That's because they're silly. Honestly, though, my favorite albums by him are Accelerated Evolution, Terria, Addicted, and SYL's City. He is not given enough credit vocally, I agree. I mean, Steve ****in' Vai asked Devin to sing for him. Steve Vai makes sex with music. Literally. Watch his Tender Surrender video. And make sure you put and youngins to bed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I'm a little odd, I like mixes of Metal, Orchastreal, and Techno... Things like Skillet (Songs like Whispers in the dark), or RTPN (Songs like Abyss). (Very good bands by the way if you like metal)

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Top 3 Favorite Music Genres

1. Alternative/Rap Rock: from this I'd have to say Linkin Park because they opened up the door to the 'rock' genre and introduced me to old school and new school bands.
    2. New Wave: I've heard good music from this genre but the band that I've liked will always be Depeche Mode, their music is soothing and makes good driving music during nighttime.
    3. J-Pop/Rock: I've got into it ever since I started watching intros from different Animes but recently I adored listening to Gackt and I guess it all started when I played FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus. I'd like to see him play in the states one day if he ever comes.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    J-Pop/Rock - My All Time Favorite! ^_^ I Guess Utada Helped Me Start To Listen To More Japanese Music Like; ayaka,misono,Koda Kumi, YUKI
    Rock Alternitive - Green Day Opened This Door For Me, Then Fall Out Boy Then Etc Etc Etc XD
    Instrumentals - Like "Aerith's Theme" And Other FFVII Music. And Then Listening To Orchestra Versions Of Songs. Like "Hikari" & "Passion" From KH I & II

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    1. Alternative Rock - The likes of Muse, Biffy Clyro etc.

2. New Prog -
    The likes of Porcupine Tree, The Mars Voltaetc.

3. Symphonic Rock
    - The likes of Rush etc.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Progressive Rock/Metal - Yes, Rush, King Crimson, Dream Theater, Into Eternity... stuff like that. This is my go-to genre. Normally associated with complex music, long songs, or amazing talent. It's basically what inspired me to really be serious about playing music. It's to the point where I've been collecting live shows from all my favorite prog bands lately.

Power Metal - Dragonland, Helloween, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, etc. I like to be taken on some epic lyrical journey to a land where knights slay dragons and bards tell the stories of heroes. Some good stuff.

Black Metal - Immortal, Burzum, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, etc. Although the musical talent isn't stellar, a good black metal song an definitely put you in a certain mood. I love that.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i only really have 1.
    gothic: london after midnight, cruxshadows. it makes me happy so i always listen to it.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Jazz Rock - Like EARLY Chicago, Steely Dan, etc. (Chicago's style of it is my favorite, though.)
    Classic Rock - Like The Beatles, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Journey, etc.
    Baroque - Like Antonio Vivaldi, George Frideric Handel, Johann Sebastion Bach, etc. (yeah, I listed the most obvious ones. XD)

Back