• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite OST From a Game?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I'm conflicted whether to pick Xenoblade Chronicles or Trails in the Sky SC. Both have phenomenal soundtracks that vary from melancholic, from adventurous, to even blood-pumping pieces.

But if I really had to choose, I guess Xenoblade Chronicles edges out Trails slightly. Just to show some of the variety in Xenoblade's OST.

Spoiler:

An inspiring song that builds up fast, but slow enough for you to get pumped and exciting for what's to come. Shame that this song only plays once in the entire game though.

Spoiler:

Then, we have pieces like these where it immerses you into that you're really on an adventure.

Honestly, I don't even have the words to properly convey how much I love the Xenoblade OST.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    From all the games I've played, I don't think anything comes close to Chrono Cross' OST. Each song brings the game to life even more, invoking and pulling at your hear strings with some of the most beautiful tracks you'll ever hear.

A couple examples:

Arni Village

Spoiler:

Star-Stealing Girl

Spoiler:

Those that Passed Away

Spoiler:

Years
    Lets see, my favorite OST's would have to be the following.

Final fantasy VII
    Super Castlevania IV
    Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2
    Final Fantasy IX
    Xenosaga

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Age of Mythology. It's just so chill. For those who haven't heard, here's a song from the game:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtK_qLR3Hg[/ame]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I've always loved music from Final Fantasy games, but my favorites are definitely the Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core OSTs.

The indie game To the Moon also has a really beautiful sountrack, I can't stop listening to it. Learned to play a few of the songs on piano, too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    There are quite a few to choose from, koff~

From Metroid's Brimstar, to Kirby's Green Greens, all the way to Final Fantasy's Chaos. Deep to the depths of dungeons in Oblivion and Skyrim, to the peaks of mountains in Shadow of the Colossus. Donkey Kong, Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, Starfox, F-Zero, Battlefield, Dawn of War, Hotline Miami is a good one, Rockstar always has a nice selection lined up, Tetris, Metal Slug, etc. One still stands above all for me. I remember the tune, I whistle it sometimes at random. I love the Killzone 2 track. Everything about it is masterful. The skys, the refineries, the theme is just a painstakingly strung piece that always gets me. I remember the opening speech with alarming clarity. I don't think I've ever had another game where I could just recite an entire speech from memory.

My people, sons and daughters of Helghan. This much I vow: the history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of our enemies, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence! But if there are those who will deny us peace, refuse us our rightful place in the universe; then we'll unleash such terrible vengeance that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish! The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit. Even now they march on our home world to take by force what they cannot claim by right! They cannot imagine what awaits them. We will smite the invaders from our skies! Even though our foe sweeps the land like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them, never again endure their oppression! We will fight as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares! We will stain our ancestor's graves with their blood! And as our last breath tears at their lungs, as we rise again from the ruins of our cities. . . they will know, Helghan belongs to the Helghast - Scholar Visari
    Rest assured that this is straight from memory.

Just take a listen to a few of these and make up your mind from there.
    Spoiler:
    Opening Theme
    Spoiler:
    Main Theme (menus)
    Spoiler:
    Boss Theme

All in all, the entire soundtrack is over two hours long. I feel really strongly about this, and I'll step up to the plate for Joris de Man any day of the week, koffi~

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    All of Imperishable Night's OST is amazing. It's fitting for the theme: going after moon thieves.

Touhou music's always been good, but IN has to be my definite favourite.

Years
    I don't play too many game series that have noticeable OSTs, the genres I play usually don't have one at all.

Obviously the town music on pokémon is usually all memorable and fun, but it doesn't really border on epic.

I'd have to give it to Final Fantasy as a whole. A lot of the games share some music anyway (victory music specifically) so it's not too ridiculous to give it to the series as a whole. If I did have to pick a specific game though I'd have to pick XIII because it has this beautiful track....

Reactions: PMG

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
    I find Kid Icarus: Uprising's Soundtrack to be amazing. Especially Dark Pit's Theme. Although I might be a little Biased toward it since it is my favorite 3ds game x3

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
    Video Game Music

Hello, peoplez of the Interwebs~
    Simple - What's your favorite video game music? I'm speaking in terms of either a single song or a soundtrack as a whole.

----------Discuss----------

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Best soundtrack I've heard overall is the Tales of Graces OST. I also enjoy most of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks, the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack, and most of the Pokemon OST's (yes even going back to Gen 1).

(Also, video games section, perhaps?)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    As said, this belongs in Video Games - although there's already a thread for it so I'll merge them together.

Yukari

Hmm... I really don't pay all that much attention to a OST... But I loved the OST for the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    Really enjoy P3 and P4's soundtracks. Also, Crisis Core even though I'm not a SE fan anymore. :3

Back