• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite Pokemon Music?

Years
  • Does anyone here just have to rock out when they hear a certain battle music? I get so intense whenever I hear the Galactic leader battles(Jupiter, Saturn, Mars). Its too bad there was only like 5 in Diamond and pearl.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I liked the music they played when you were talking to the guys of the Hoenn E4 before the battle starts.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • I love Cynthia's theme, how it starts out slow and it speeds up quickly when the battle starts.

In fact, I like all of the Champion's themes. Especially R/B Gary or whatever everyone calls him lol

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    i really like the route themes from the route 26+27 in GSC/HGSS. It's so... awesome.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Archie and Maxie's battle theme from RSE, Deoxys's battle theme from FRLGE, and the Beast trio battle theme from CHGSS top my list. :D

oh, and if spinoff games count, Miror B.'s theme from both games. :P

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    the original elite 4 battle music :D it was so awesome that first time at the elite four...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 5. Galactic Commander battle theme.
    4. Maxie/Archie battle theme.
    3. Cynthia's battle theme.
    (Tied for first): Miror B.'s Colosseum battle theme and Miror B.'s XD Battle theme.

Miror B. is the man. His groovy battle themes have no equal in the world.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • As Icebloom mentioned, the S.S. Anne's music is one of my favorites. However, I really like the music that plays in Oceanic Museum. It's an arrangement of the S.S. Anne music and I think it's really beautiful. That track and Verdanturf Town are probably my favorites, though I didn't really take a liking to Oceanic Museum until fairly recently. I guess I never noticed how amazing it was when I was playing R/S/E because I only visited the museum once to thwart Team Magma/Aqua.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • There are too many. Littleroot Town, Route 101, Oldale Town, Petalburg City, Oceanic Museum/SS. Anne, Verandturf City, Goldenrod City, Azalea Town, SS. Aqua...they're all awesome.

Years
  • The GS Cave Music.. Totally love that thing even now.. I also remember liking the Radio DJ music, though it was kinda short.

In RBY, standard Trainer Battles.. it's so classic.

In DP, one of the Trainer Intro musics, it's a short loop.. that quirky sounding one they play when you fight Poke-Nerds and Scientists. I also like the start of the Legendary Battle music.. and Cynthia is kinda epic sounding for a Pokemon Game.

The Pokemon Stadium games had some fantastic original music as well. I'd kill for a soundtrack for that stuff.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    There's so much iconic music to choose from! AAAH! I've always loved the music from Pokémon as it is one of the few games that someone has spent a lot of effort on in composing and arranging and all that. Plus it achieves this even though it's restricted to the MIDI music format. :) So, here I go...

The original RBY Champion music was always good, but I really loved the FRLG remix of it. I must've played the league through on that game at least 30 times on various different copies and I still get shivers when I hear it. 'Cos you know something epic is happening.

In GSC I always liked the Johto Wild Battle music, but I'm not too fond of the remix in HGSS. Also they've changed the GB Player version so it's different from the original and doesn't sound as good :(

In the Sinnoh games I always liked Routes 216 and 217 (the ones in the snow), mainly because it sounded a lot different to most Route themes. If I remember correctly I also like the Legue music (that was dramatic) and the Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf battle theme.

HGSS: I love how the League music has been mixed into something much different from the original but it still just as (if not more) dramatic. The Kanto Wild battle sounds nothing short of epic, and the Kanto trainer music.

But the music that I think is the best I have ever heard is the Kanto Battle Music in HGSS. No question. Outstrips the champion battle music by miles. Don't believe me? Have a good listen:

:O

Last edited:

Norisom

Oh hai der
    Years
  • Thats a tuff one. My favorite would have to be either the Giratina platinum theme, or the the route 47 theme from HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • well i have so many memories with pokemon silver and gold from way back. One of my favorites was when you walk into the main professor's house (professor oak, at least i think that was his name its been so long) for the first time and it plays a little tune. love it(:

Years
  • I got lots of favourites.

Top favourite: G/S/C Lance/Red theme

Other favourites, no real order:
    HG/SS Lance/Red theme
    G/HG/S/SS Kanto wild, trainer, and gym battle themes
    R/B/Y Champion theme
    G/S Mt. Silver theme
    R/B/Y Pokemon Mansion theme [FR/LG did it good too]
    R/B/Y Silph Co theme [FR/LG did NOT do it right]
    R/B/Y Lavender Town theme [another the remake failed to recreate properly]
    G/HG/S/SS Kanto route themes by Viridian Forest
    R/S route theme [whichever route was north of Mauville]
    R/S New Mauville theme
    R/S route theme [the sandstorm route]
    R/S elite four battle theme
    D/P champion theme
    D/P game corner theme
    Platinum Global Terminal theme
    Platinum Giratina battle theme
    R/S battle with Groudon and Kyogre
    G/S Goldenrod city theme [remake did it good, but not as good as the original]
    Crystal battle with Raikou, Entei, and Suicune [remake did it pretty good too]

I may be missing one or two, but that's pretty much the complete list.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • OH SWEET! I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR A THREAD LIKE THIS! Where to start?

See one of the great things about the music in the Pokemon games is they provide the wonderous feelings that simple pixels can't convey. The final Battle, the Happiest little town, the spooky cave. That's why the composers were given one of the most epic jobs. Music is the only noise you hear in the game other than screechy battle cries and maybe ambient sounds. Now since I can't go over all the feelings the songs have given me I will go over all the ones that made me feel things and the special ones at the end as followed;

The ones that made me laugh/happy:

Gameboy Printer Error Music

Pokewalker Screen Music (Same as above)

Saffron City

G/S/C Route 11 (The only Route 11 I like since it has a Banjo-Sounding thing in the background)

Route 32

Route 201 (This video has an EPIC 8-Bit Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Airta4oW4s&feature=related)

Goldenrod City

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Bike Theme (Sounds like it's from France!)

G/S/C Bike Theme (Did you know it's just a sped up altered version of Goldenrod City?)

The ones that made me feel cool/excited:

Cynthia Battle Theme

Mew's Battle Theme in Emerald

Hoenn Elite 4 Battle Theme

Dark Cave Theme

Route 111/Hoenn Desert (The Most Arabian Sounding bit of Music)

Route 120

G/S/C Rocket Hideout Theme

Team Galactic Hideout Theme (It sounds SUPER jazzy)

Cave of Origins/Meteor Falls

The ones that made me Sad/Scared:

Lavender Town.

That's it. That song was freaky in Gen I.

THE TOP THREE PICS!!

3. HG/SS NATIONAL PARK. This made me almost cry when I heard the sweet tunes that reminded me of my bond with Cyndaquil many years ago...

2. VIRIDIAN FOREST/ G/S/C ROUTE 2. This was beautiful. It really was. I loved finding Pikachu in here in all Generations.

AND #1

Azalea Town.

I love this song. I have cried to it. I have it as my ringtone. It is what I think of when I think of Gen II and People bonding with Pokemon. This song is the best Pokemon song EVER!

Thank you for making this thread and letting my voice my lengthy opinions!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Back