• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's Your Favourite Johto Starter And Why?

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
  • of course cyndaquil! it's a loyal, fun to battle with pokemon! but totodile has to be a close second i would use him sometimes also

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Cyndaquil. Omg dont even ask me why. It's strong and cute. And i always found Cyndaqui;/Quilava/Typhlosion better than Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. One day i beat 4 of 6 of Silvers PKMN with my Typhlosion and one of those PKMNs beaten was Feraligatr :/

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I've tried Johto with all 3 starters..Meganium seemed to have waaay more Defense and Typhlosion had better attack and Feraligatar's sprite was all wobbly so I always Excluded totodile and It was hard choosing between Chikorita and Cyndaquil both of them were cute as **** But Cyndaquil learns badass moves like flamethrower Flamewheel and stuff and Typhlosion had SWAG so In the end Im more of a fire type trainer I remember having a Complete fire type team in Ruby so Cyndaquil

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Totodile because feraligator is freaking amazing. On top of that I always felt that totodile was the coolest of the bunch. Chickorita and cynidiquil just look so soft and squishy. This isn't a bad thing, I just don't like to feel like I'm using a stuffed animal to fight.

xZSx Venom

The most symmetrycal
    Years
  • they are all good pokemon to choose from ,but since I have to choose one I choose cyndiquil because I like fire types

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
    Years
  • In my opinion, Totodile was the best, so cute ! It's more vertsatile than the others, it had a better movepool (thunderpunch,Ice punch, Crunch, Surf...) , but above all , it's a matter of preference.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's my favorite Johto starter Pokémon? It's gotta be Chikorita. In my opinion, it's the cutest Johto starter.

I've had a very hard time trying to train my Pokémon in Pokémon Silver. Once my Chikorita finally evolved into Meganium, I've been able to raise many of my Pokémon with her help. She was a great tank. She was able to take many hits for me and won me countless amount of battles. =)

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I have very fond memories of using Chikorita in my Silver game. She was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100 (legitimately, that is. I always used the Missingno. glitch to get infinite rare candies in Red and Blue), and I could always rely on Meganium when I was facing the Elite Four and Red. She was a challenge to raise at the beginning but it was well worth it. I truly grew attached to her and I was really distraught when the battery went dry on my Silver game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    I always tend to go with Totodile. He always looks really adorable in the anime, which usually had a big influence on how I played the video games :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    Cyndaquil*, because i always go with fire pokemons, they take early advantage on the grass and i like their attacks more than Grass & Water ones

Last edited:

Ruben967

Lights they blind me
    Years
  • I like all of them, really. But my favourite has to be... Cyndaquil. It was my first and I find it to be the cutest x3

Back