• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's your favourite track within the games?

Do you like the new music?

• Could be much better! :[

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • LOVE IT :3 ~

Votes: 80 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffian

Rabid Pokemaniac!
    Years
    Opinion of the B/W soundtrack?

Not sure if there's been a thread dedicated to this just yet, but...

What do you think of the game's soundtrack so far? This includes the battle themes, the route/town themes, and pretty much any source of audio in the game.

Pokemon's always been known for it's great music most of the time, but when you're forced to listen to the same song over and over trying to catch or train that certain Pokemon, it sure can get annoying if it isn't good (wasn't a fan of the D/P wild battle theme). I've been listening to the soundtrack so far, and I've fallen in love with the wild battle theme (both day and night versions, which I think is a great incorporation), the trainer battle theme, the Plasma battle theme, and most of all, the Elite Four battle theme.

Throwing the soundtrack on my iPod soon as possible! :D But what do you guys think from what you've heard?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually, this thread was on the first page, don't know how you missed it, but either way, merged. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This song is my new favourite, it's the best route music ever..
    I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but i'm sure a lot of you will like it if you're into those Zelda musics and such.
    BESTROUTEMUSICEVERRRRR

I love the route music. <3 Many of the B/W tracks impress me and I favor these more than the other gens. There were a lot of great tracks in the previous generations but these seem very catchy and whatever we're in or at, it fits the background. For example, as we encounter a Gym Leader's final pokémon the music gets more heavier and gets you excited.

I'm still listening to different tracks and routes through the game so I don't have a full opinion yet. As for what I've heard so far, they all sound really cool. :)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    That short song that plays when you're about to battle a youngster is sweeet. Also that sad song that played when Bell's father confronts her in Raimon city. The Team Plasma battle theme is catchy and so is the gym leader theme. I love what I'm hearing so far.

edit: Adeku's theme is so peaceful. ;D

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    i lliked the n music and when you see zekrom.but why cant they do the music more fast?
    at the rival....its a slow music

Sgt_Grovyle

-Not a Grovyle fool!
    Years
    I haven't played through the whole game yet but my top three favorite are:
    Gym Leader Battle
    Team Plasma
    and the regular trainer battle music(mainly the intro)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like the gym leader, route , rival, regular trainer battle, intro, and red HP battle music. Pretty much everything!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    N's music is probably one of my favorite tracks in any game ever. Seriously, it fits the character (from what I know of him) perfectly, and is awesome to listen to beside that.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Personally loved the music for N's castle, the build up to the last chain of events, then the ending.

Also the BGM for Village Bridge and its many variations.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I actually quite enjoyed the music in Pokemon Black & White-- in particular, the music played when you're in battle with a Gym Leader is pretty good, and I really like what they did when they're down to their last Pokemon. Similarly, I love what they did when your Pokemon is in a spot of trouble and in the red; though the trademark sound effect is still there, its a lot quieter than I remember it from other Pokemon games, and the change in the music is much welcomed to highlight the point that your Pokemon is in trouble; either pull out or heal it, now!

Another battle track I liked was the Rival one; its so different when compared to others, though I guess it could run along the same lines as when you're battling 'Barry' in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I just found myself nodding to the music whenever I was challenged by my rivals. xD;

There are other tracks I like from the games, but right now they aren't coming to mind... xD;;

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have a few favorite tracks so far, mostly through listening to it in my own copy of the OST. So far, I like:
    - Battle Subway (the gritty feeling of it reminds me of the NYC subways that it was based off of; incidentally, I ride them every day)
    - Bicycle (It's a very nice song, kinda like when you're coasting through the suburbs of NY)
    - Gate (the music you hear when you're in the transition area between a city and route; very serene)
    - Global Terminal (I like how it's a new song but at the same time a familiar tune)
    Spoiler:

- "Pinch" (The music that plays when a Gym Leader is on his/her last Pokémon; absolutely epic in every way. The way my OST has it is that Parts 1 and 2 of the opening sequence play right before this; this song should have been the opening theme)
    - "Pinch" (Yes, there are three songs in my OST called Pinch, the third being a copy of the first. This is the Low HP music; so much better than the beep alone. The beep's actually remixed, if you listen closely enough).
    - Pokémon Gym (Rock remix FTW)
    - Pokémon Mart (If the rock remix of the Gym isn't enough for you, this certainly will be: a BIG BAND remix of the Mart theme. It's even more awesome than it sounds)
    - Trainer Battles A and B (My OST has five different copies of the standard Trainer battle theme, with C, D, and E being copies of the first. A is what you usually hear, and that's awesome on it's own. But B... that's a techno remix. It's distilled awesome, and it's undoubtedly my favorite track in the entire game. Too bad it probably won't get used...)
    - Vs. Blue (No explanation necessary)
    - Vs. Cynthia (No explanation necessary, though I like the original D/P/Pt theme better)
    - Vs. N (awesome, awesome track)
    - Vs. Team Plasma Grunt (Also one of my favorite tracks in the game. I can't help but think at least part of it is familiar, though...)
    - 0433 (Most of my OST is in hex. Something happened during the conversion which translated the title names into hexadecimal, and it's annoying. ANYWAYS it's a sort of hip-hop theme that oozes awesome. And it has violins in it. Pure awesome here)
    - 0449 (Another song in hex; it's some piano song with violins. It's not N's Farewell, but it's still awesome)

...yeah, I like a lot of the soundtrack so far. As I play through the game some more, I'll probably like more of this stuff. And hopefully I'll convert the remaining 144 song titles from hex to English.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I also have to add that in addition to liking Plasma's battle theme, I also like the music that plays when the player wins against them. Especially the opening seconds.

Also, include the Gym theme and the song that plays when the Gym Leader is down to their last Pokemon. I was half-asleep when I was at the first Gym, so I missed the music the first time around. In the second Gym, I'm glad the challenge was longer so I could hear the theme.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back