• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I didn't bother to read the whole thread and im sure it's been said, but I got really annoyed trying to figure out the Snowpoint gym puzzle!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    2. Saving a lot of data. I get this message a lot, even if I've only been playing for about five minutes since the last save. What major thing could I have done in the last five minutes that made the game take so long to save?

It will do this after every time you move pokemon in or out of boxes, or catch one. I guess it involves a lot of data for each pkmn to be moved around or something.

I didn't really hate a lot about this game, only about how you have to import pokemon from other games, I wish they were all on this one. That, and how many times you need to talk to someone underground to get spiritomb, jesus!

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Personally the whole lack of things to do after the E4

all you get is 4/5 new routes
    and the ability to catch more different pokes
    and not much else

i wish they could make a game that encorperates the 4 different reagions from each of the generations and make a long story line which forces you to go through each of the leagues, personally i think this would be best because then you have so much more to explore and the game lasts longer .... ive found myself compleating the games in a few days now

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    The dreaded snow, it gets so frustrating walking at like 0.00005 km a year xD

Also the fact that getting to route 224 is SO long xD. Have to go through a cave as well xD

ollieon

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    i was really dissapointed with the safari game in diamond.
    theres just no really cool pokemon in it that makes me want to go there
    firered and leafgreen had scyther and pinsir

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Personally the whole lack of things to do after the E4

all you get is 4/5 new routes
    and the ability to catch more different pokes
    and not much else

i wish they could make a game that encorperates the 4 different reagions from each of the generations and make a long story line which forces you to go through each of the leagues, personally i think this would be best because then you have so much more to explore and the game lasts longer .... ive found myself compleating the games in a few days now
    I always wished for the same thing but I wonder if the DS or any future nintendo handheld could handle all of that anytime soon

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    2 reigons could be done easily, 3 could be done too. not sure about 4 but it would be cool seeing the other regions in D/P style rendering. As for lack of things to do, Platinums battle frontier looks promising.

Saving a lot of data really annoys me, it didn't happen in the other games, ever. now it takes forever just because a single pokemon is moved.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    The good news is that Pokemon Platinum's Surf speed is way better.

1:59 in Video:
    Spoiler:
    What an awesome improvement! Maybe Nintendo does listen to it's customers...

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    What an awesome improvement! Maybe Nintendo does listen to it's customers...
    If they did we'd have a Johto remake...I don't get why Nintendo does this. Won't a Johto remake make alot more money than a D/P remake? I mean, they came out last year and diehard fans are knocking on their doors begging for a johto remake

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I am all for more dual battles. in fact they should make a game exclusively for dual battles........

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    I don't think anyone mentioned honey trees. I mean really. Chansey was tough enough to catch in the Safari Zone, but finding a Munchlax? I've slathered over 1000 trees, and not a single Munchlax ever appeared. As of last Sunday, I've been slathering 20 honey trees 3 times a day. I know I should just breed for one, but I've been trying for over a year now to find one in Sinnoh. (I know I can breed one. But my goal is to catch all the Sinnoh pokemon in Diamond and Pearl only, and complete the Obtained Sinnoh Dex BEFORE facing the elite 4.)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I hated the speed of the game. How battles took forever, and surfing speed, looking through the bag. Playing Fire Red or Leaf Green right after a month of Diamond makes me feel like the game is in fast foward..

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Wow....The only Pokemon games I have are the Mystery Dungeon ones and Pearl, so I can't really compare to older games...but I guess the most annoying thing for me was the fact that after you catch all the legends you can catch without cheating, there's really nothing else you can do unless you didn't battle every trainer on the routes. But that Platinum game looks AWESOME!!!

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    Well other than snowpoint it has to be the saving a lot of data.What happened to the speed of saving the game in pokemon red/blue.It used to be only like two seconds.
    But the worst annoyince in the games is Du dunh daaaaa......
    Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?
    You guessed it magikarp.But not just magikarp,The magikarp trainer.You can face him on your way to eterna city.He has 6 pokemon in his team.Except there all lv.10 Magikaps! That only know splash.It is so annoying!it's a waste of pp and you barly recive any exp.They put this trainers in Every game it's like they think it' a joke!

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    If they did we'd have a Johto remake...[S-HIGHLIGHT]I don't get why Nintendo does this[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. Won't a Johto remake make alot more money than a D/P remake? I mean, they came out last year and diehard fans are knocking on their doors begging for a johto remake

My guess is that it's a marketing technique. They make a game series unlike never before (The first DS Pokemon game series) which they add upsetting features to it. We then later complain about the features, hoping that the next generation won't be as bad. FINALLY, they leak out information about the new Pokemon Platinum just to get people excited and buy millions (or billions) of copies and making way more money than they did with Diamond and pearl.

Formula:
    D/P Features Are Bad + Platinum Features Are Great = $$$

Last edited:
    Back