• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your most valuable Pokemon?

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
  • Basically, which Pokemon has been the most useful to you throughout the game(s)?

Which Pokemon always comes through for you in particular situations?

Hands down, I value my utility pokemon over my fighters. Utility pokemon are capable of an enormous variety of tasks that either eliminate the need for certain items, or make catching/hatching the best fighter way faster and easier.

My most useful pokemon...it's hard to say. I just finished levelling my Blissey to 100, so it's my strongest utility and probably the most cost efficient (completely eliminates the need for any potions, so I can sell any that I Pick Up)
    Then there's my Pickup team, coming in a close second if not first. I'd have a completely different playing style if they'd never added in Pickup.

Parasect is great because it can learn Spore, False Swipe and Sweet Scent.
    Stantler is awesome, since it can have both Frisk and Thief; having Role Play too is icing on the cake. Screw Ralts!

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    when i'm battling other people, my dragonite has never failed... well, it has, but never too bad. and my zapdos... and my umbreon... all from Pokemon XD... i love my GC Pokes

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I've always found my Swampert to be awesome, I've had him for ages now but he's always got me out of tight situations. He's from my 'back in the day' game file on Ruby and I'm sure I pretty much took everyone on with just him and a bunch of level tens.

Also, in my run of SS, the Lapras I traded over from Platinum was extremely helpful! I've never bothered to really train one before but Juno is great to battle with, smokes everyone.

NatureKeeper

Empoleon on my Diamond Version. If I have it on my ingame team, I rarely ever lose. Metagame, one powerful Pokémon ain't 'nuff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My Magcargo in Heartgold was a invaluable Fire-type to add to my team early. The only issue I had with it was it's speed.

In White, Haxours basically schooled everything it could fight.

Years
  • HG/SS - Magmar - Its a pokemon that should be in any team. Its powerful, quick really good Special Attack and Defence, with it being a Fire type it can learn psycic time moves aswell, which is a bonus for against the Elite 4

Emerald - Breloom - A pokemon that also should be in everyones team, after learning powerful moves from Shroomish. It uses fighting type moves can hurt anyone with its speed and special attack.

Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 28, 2011
    In Fire Red, my most valuable Pokemon is my lv 100 Charziard that I leveled up to 100 without cheats.

In Sapphire, my most valuable Pokemon is a lv 100 Swampert that my friend gave me in a trade.

In Diamond, my most valuable Pokemon is my Empoleon.

In Pokemon White, my most valuable Pokemon is a tie between my lv 62 Serperior, my lv 51 Lucario, and my lv 71 Volcarona (who I leveled up from lv 1 without cheats)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    In GenI: Haunter/Charizard
    In GenII: Haunter/Typhlosion
    In GenIII: Sceptile
    In GenIV: Infernape/Torterra
    In GenV: Emboar/samurott

I like starters.And haunter

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My most valuable Pokemon in Sapphire is Kyogre. It can take out the entire Elite Four by itself!

In my Japanese HeartGold, my Gengar is my most valuable Pokemon. It's able to KO Psychic, Dark and other Ghost Type Pokemon and if it gets close to fainting, I have it use Curse as a last resort. I beat my friend's brother's Dialga and Palkia with just my Gengar!

In SoulSilver, my Aerodactyl is my most valuable Pokemon. It out sped Morty's Gengar just when I thought I would lose.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • My Starters and My Froslass and Alakazam
    Froslass because She's Quick and Best Choice To Beat Dragon Types... (which i consider the Most Used Type Ever)

Alakazam Cause it's Quick and and It's also my Last Resort at times

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Probably my shiny jolly natured Salamence in black version. I actually found it as a Bagon in platinum a few months back and I sent it over using that transfer thing.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Probably my Gengar, it's swept many teams by itself- both in game and "competitively". It's got such a great movepool, it becomes quite versatile.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I've had alot of useful Pokes. Mainly my Dragonite and Tyranitar. Dragonite is great for a fast mixed attacker, and Tyranitar is a tank. He'll just sit there taking hits and then blow away his foe with a strong attack. Another that I liked was my Lapras, he was another bulky Poke. He was slow, like Tyranitar, but he proved himself to be an excellent edition to my team. I like my Pikachu too, he takes out alot of those pesky water types out, like Red's Blastoise and Lapras or Lance's Gyarados. You would be surprised on the success I've had with Pikachu, even though he's considered a "glass canon", he can take on those higher level Poke's with no problem. But my success went with my Light Ball and his swift speed, so pretty much no one can out speed him.

Years
  • I think the pokemon that always ends up being my most valuable is my starter pokemon. They always help me out the best.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Gen.1 - Arcanine
    Gen.2 - Feraligatr
    Gen.3 - Flygon!
    Gen.4 - nununununununununu...GLISCOR!!!
    Gen.5 - I want to say my Beheeyem, but I have to say Eelektross

SpyroVSGanon100

Ganon, The King of Darkness
    Years
  • My Charizard.
    I got him in FireRed and i have used him ever since in my other Pokemon games.
    Not once have i lost a battle with him, even older forms.
    That's why Charizard is my most favorite Pokemon of all time!

One time i was fighting Mewtwo and my Charizard was only Lv 48 and he got Mewtwo down into the red on the first attack, then Mewtwo tried to attack but he missed and then i threw a single Pokeball and caught him on the first try.
    Never will i forget that day.

Back