• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your most valuable Pokemon?

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Basically, which Pokemon has been the most useful to you throughout the game(s)?

Which Pokemon always comes through for you in particular situations?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    In any given Gen I game, it would have to be a Nidoran of either gender. They're incredibly versatile, and can use both physical and special attacks well.

In my Poison Monotype, probably Tentacruel. Surf and Ice Beam are helpful, and with Poison now gaining Special properties in Gen IV I expect he'll be better.

My starters tend to be pretty valuable, in the long run.

In White, Krookodile, Reuniclus, and Emboar took turns being my most valuable, but Zebstrika was the only one that never really contended for most valuable. He was still powerful, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    Since whenever I get a new game I trade all my pokemon from my previous version to the new one I got, Dialga has been very helpful with Diamond/heartgold. It was hard to lose.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

I have a most unreliable pokémon - Arceus. If I don't have the badges to control him, he will KO himself rather than obey me and pass Judgement on a little lv.2 Bidoof.

Most reliable? Well, my starters rarely let me down. I had one Dragonite that never lost once it evolved (Slam's poor accuracy meant it spent most of its time fainting until it evolved into a Dragonite). I also raised about 12 pokémon to level 100 in Emerald...but generally I never keep my pokémon long enough to have a "most reliable" pokémon. My Sawk and Samurott in Black always pulled through, as did Zoroark once it got Flamethrower and Night Daze.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My starter Pokemon are my most valuable Pokemon to me generally. Other Pokemon I consider valuable is the Dragon Dance + Drain Punch Scrafty I hatched.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My most reliable Pokemon, at least in White, was Volcarona. With its moveset it can beat 3/5 of the E4 + Champion with little to no problem, was strong, had an amazing design, and was the first Pokemon I've ever raised to level 100. :3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Generally, for me the most reliable pokemon to through out the game is my starters, but at the end of the game (like when I beat E4 + Champion over and over), I always have a team with pokemons that for me most useful, I usually think they are all reliable for their own part.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Hmmm......My most valuable Pokemon? I would have to say Jolteon. I got him in my FireRed, and he was the first Pokemon I ever EV trained! He was also the 10th Pokemon I ever raised to level 100. He rarely ever loses in the Battle Subway, and he was quite handy in most of my older teams.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    My most valuable Pokemon will have to be my Swampert because he was my original Swampert. He went from Ruby, to Fire Red, bred so his child can be in LeafGreen, I then traded him to Pearl, then Platinum, then Soul Silver and now he is in Pokemon Black

:t354:TG

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    my most loved pokemon would be my eevee brothers i have trained and love them for years now i will nvr get rid of them

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Gen 5: Vanilluxe

All of the Gen 4 games: Rosrade

All of the Gen 3 games: Umberon

All of the Gen 2 games: Togekiss

All of the Gen 1 games: Gengar

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Looking back, most of my fire-type starter Pokemons have been my trump card. Then, it all changed after I went Rayquaza crazy in Pokemon Emerald. I still remember Blaziken and Charizard always being there with me. I always raised them to level 100 before any other Pokemons.

In Gen. V, I have to say that Volcarona has to be my most valued Pokemon. I still have some criticism about its design, but everything else about it is basically sex...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The starter usually always pulls through for me. I remember Flygon being a huge help in the Hoenn games, Jolteon being a great asset in Leaf Green, and Crobat being very useful in Platinum.

And of course, having Persian using Technician + Fake Out on tough foes is always helpful.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I absolutely love SB-129, my Porygon-Z, for gen IV battles. Definitely a life saver. Need to get it to level 100, but yeah, it's pulled me out of tight situations. I just love it. :) <3

For gen V, Petilil Tara my Chandelure is a badass. Swept Alder by itself after 5 Calm Minds and also got rid of Penatrait's pesky Pory-Z in our WiFi battle, despite being about...12 levels behind it? idk I don't wanna do the math. But yeah. Marz my Hydreigon is a close second though. :)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I would have to say that my starter Pokemon are my most valuable Pokemon throughout the games. because I overuse them ;D

Back