• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your signature move?

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Signature moves:
    Naruto has the Rasengan
    Ichigo has Getsuaga Tenshou
    Captain Falcon has his Falcon punch!

However...

Out of all the moves your pokemon use which would you consider to be your signature move?

For me I'd have to say it's Porygon-Z's hyper beam! The number of times I've used it to finish a match! It's like my own personal rasen-shuriken!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Yeah, Hyper Beam is a strong move but you have to recharge..
    Although, my pokemon's signature moves are:
    Empoleon: Hydro Cannon
    Torterra: Leaf Storm
    Infernape: Fire Blast
    Staraptor: Brave Bird
    Luxray: Thunder
    Gengar: Hypnosis/Desitny Bond
    Garchomp: Draco Meteor
    Rampardos: Earthquake
    I have quite a few pokemon with signature moves. They all are great and help m alot in battles!

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Yeah, Hyper Beam is a strong move but you have to recharge..
    Although, my pokemon's signature moves are:
    Empoleon: Hydro Cannon
    Torterra: Leaf Storm
    Infernape: Fire Blast
    Staraptor: Brave Bird
    Luxray: Thunder
    Gengar: Hypnosis/Desitny Bond
    Garchomp: Draco Meteor
    Rampardos: Earthquake
    I have quite a few pokemon with signature moves. They all are great and help m alot in battles!

Lol yeah, but I only use hyper beam to finish a battle, or when I've got my Dual screens set up by Bronzong. XD

Do you have one move you feel you use the most or is your favourite? Like a one that you feel is pretty special to your style?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Honchkrow- Sucker Punch <3
    has STAB and is a priority move, along with a Swords Dance makes my Honchkrow deadly :3

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    I'm more of a Psychic attack guy, but I started to like the Shadow Ball attack recently...

Btw, Naruto's Signature Move before Rasengan was Shadow Clone Jutsu. Wow, I sound like a total nerd...

Last edited:

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Can't believe no one's said Magikarp's splash yet! But in all seriousness:

Zapdos: Thunder/Heatwave
    Bronzong: Earthquake
    Starmie: Ice Beam
    Gengar: Shadow Ball
    Latios: Draco Meteor

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Can't believe no one's said Magikarp's splash yet! But in all seriousness:

Zapdos: Thunder/Heatwave
    Bronzong: Earthquake
    Starmie: Ice Beam
    Gengar: Shadow Ball
    Latios: Draco Meteor

In a tournament that my friends and i organize only for fun, in the semifinal i use a gyarados and when my friend Ivan think that i'' knock'em off, i use Splash, well you can imagine the laughs of all when i did this jeje.

Anyway i've been using my shiny Farfetch'd a lot recently so i'm gonna say that Air Slash but my 2 favorites moves are Psybeam and Flamethrower so they are my signature moves:

Alakazam use Psybeam...The enemy pokemon fainted, the enemy trainer is confused; Charizard use Flamethrower, burn in hell!!! jaja just joking...

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    (First post...)

With Espeon, I feel it's a must to have Psychic, especially against the games' A.I.

Also, Espeon I use usually have Ice Beam and Morning Sun....Those are all standards for Espeon that I use, unless it's a weird new test Espeon:P

(How many times did I say Espeon in that one post alone? Hehe!)

Last edited:

The Red Chain

I adore teams that base around TR. <3
    It's my most used move as of a few months ago.
    Cripples most OU Pokes since most of them are really fast, and makes what are usually useless Pokemon extremely useful. :3

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    For me it's Leaf storm with Torterra, I usually use it to finish a match. Even though my Torterra is a physical attacker I like having leaf storm on it since its base power would be 210 I think, plus since I'm a physical attacker if the move doesn't finish off a Pokemon then I can attack it again with a phyical attack since only my special attack goes down after leaf storm :D
    I use the same tactic for my physical attacking Infernape + Overheat! Those are my two signature moves. Bearing in mind I don't battle online so it works for me :D

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Alakazam: Psychic, it's my most used attack with that guy.
    Gengar: Shadow Ball, obvious reasons.
    Gallade: Psycho cut, or Close Combat.
    Salamence: Outrage.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Spit Up and Swallow

Head Smash and Hyper Voice are my two "signature" moves. They're both relatively rare but I usually try to fit at least one of them on every team I make.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Leech Seed. I absolutely adore that move, I wish there were equivalent attacks for other types. I usually couple it with Stun Spore, which worked wonders for my Roserade (Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb @ Big Root = win)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Ice Beam. Ice is my favorite type. :'D
    And probably Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet. Love priority moves!

Back