• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your Ultimate Prediction for the Future of the Pokemon Series??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Predict what direction you think the show will be taking in the near (or distant) future.

Will they still do the Regions, Badges, Leagues pattern? Or will something else happen?

(I'll put my prediction up after a few people post on this topic.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Hoenn league Satoshi places 4th, Next league he places 2nd league after 1st. He goes back to Kanto and to try out for that league finals one more time. After that, it ends or the show starts with a new cast.

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
  • My Ultimate Vision:

Ash Ketchum becomes 2nd place in Hoenn. After hearing some news from a certain main character, he goes to that region said in the news. Professor Oak calls him via Pokemon Center. Ash gets a mission again. (This is sorta Kanto-Orange Islands style) Ash gets permission to battle the gyms and meets up with Misty. His other companions are Brock and Max. Since May knows there is no more Contests available for her to participate in, she is no longer with them. (YAY) Ash gets first place in region's league.

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
  • Ash gets 1st place in the Hoenn Leauge & battles the Elite Four. Goes back to Kanto to become the new Viridian Gym Leader. But before that happens he gets a "Mission" from Prof Oak in which he Richy & Misty go to the Sevi Islands. Brock goes back to Pewter City. May & Max go back to their fathers Gym.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
  • hmm.
    I don't know what will happen, but I hope it's good. Maybe Ash and co. will go to the Sevii islands or Orre. They could go to a whole new region, though.
    Anyway, I hope it's good.

Later,
    Mew564

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2005
    Well my opinion may be stupid. but this is what I think.Brock/finds a girlfriend that's aim to be a breeder and they travel thogether on a journey for their goal and fall in love.Max/be's a apprentice for a gum leader and makes his own gym.I am think his dad.May/ makes her own journey to travel the world.Ash/wins the honen league and goes back home and awaits for a new journey.

Pirate Captain Ashe

Team Rocket Exec.
    Years
  • This is predicting WAY into the future...
    Ash will continue to get better at Pok?mon battles. He will eventually become a Pok?mon master in his own eyes (meaning, he might not necessarily have caught every existing Pok?mon, but he will have caught and trained enough to feel as if he's accomplished enough), and he will return home. He will be a hero in Pallet town, and young trainers everywhere will recognize him and ask him for tips. He will be a real celebrity at home.
    Misty will have taken over the Cerulean Gym. Her sisters will have gotten tired of being gym leaders after so many years, and move on with their lives.
    Brock will return home, too. His brothers and sisters will have grown up since then, and now instead of chasing girls 24/7, he will be busy chasing away guys like that remind him of himself from his little sisters. He will go back to being a gym leader/breeder, and by chance meet a girl with the same interests as him, and marry her.
    May and Max will return home, and eventually take over at their father's gym.
    Professor Oak will retire from Pok?mon-research, handing over everything to Gary. Gary and Ash's rivalry isn't as tense as it used to be, and they now regard each other as friends. They will probably work together to help younger Pok?mon trainers on their journeys. Oh yeah, and since Ash's father is out of the picture, Ms. Ketchum will probably remarry to Prof. Oak, which will result in a really strange family tree.
    Jessie and James will eventually have a successful mission, and be promoted in Team Rocket, making Butch and Cassidy look like pathetic losers. However with no 'twerps' to chase after, they will realize that maybe being evil isn't their calling. Luckily, James' parents will probably end up leaving him some inheritance despite what was said in the first season: not much, but enough for him to start a comfortable life for himself. He and Jessie will probably get together, because after everything they've been through together, seeing other people is out of the question. James' growlithe will probably end up reuniting with James, and will serve as a loyal, family pet. Meowth will probably live with them too. And with James' newly-inherited money, he will be able to pay off all their debts to Team Rocket.
    Tracey will probably return once or twice as well, just to catch up with his old friends. Maybe he'll get a job at the police station as a sketch artist, and ride around with Officer Jenny on the motorcycle.

Years
  • My prediction of what will happen in the future series pokemon is listed below

Ash: Wins the Hoenn League and returns back to the Kanto Region where he competes in the Pokemon League and wins it.... after winning the Pokemon League starts going out with Misty and ends up marrying her

Misty: After being the temporary gym leader of her sisters gym for so long finally takes over as the acutal gym leader and owner from her sisters who by that time have otten sick of running the gym... Misty takes a break from gym leading to go to Pallet Town where she meets up with Ash and starts going out with him regularly before getting married to him

Brock: Returns back to Pewter City and helps his younger brother run the gym in the process of doing this he hooks up with the Nurse Joy that runs the Pokemon Center there and eventually marries her

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Robert0427 said:
    My prediction of what will happen in the future series pokemon is listed below

Ash: Wins the Hoenn League and returns back to the Kanto Region where he competes in the Pokemon League and wins it.... after winning the Pokemon League starts going out with Misty and ends up marrying her

Misty: After being the temporary gym leader of her sisters gym for so long finally takes over as the acutal gym leader and owner from her sisters who by that time have otten sick of running the gym... Misty takes a break from gym leading to go to Pallet Town where she meets up with Ash and starts going out with him regularly before getting married to him

Brock: Returns back to Pewter City and helps his younger brother run the gym in the process of doing this he hooks up with the Nurse Joy that runs the Pokemon Center there and eventually marries her
    Predicting the ACTUAL future of the anime. Not a wishy-wishy fan-fic. >_> Meaning think what the writers would actually put in, not something the fans would want.

Methinks Satoshi's gonna keep going and going. If he does win the Hoenn League (highly doubtful), he'll continue to keep on going. Takeshi'll be a well-known and respectable Breeder. Haruka will continue to improve on her Coordinating skills. Masato will grow to know more about Pok?mon and will be inspired to be as good a trainer as his father and Satoshi. Kasumi will remain as the Hanada Gym Leader and continue to raise more Water-Pok?mon. That's what I believe will occur.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    My ultimate prediction is Masato is going to be Satoshi's replacement. I think that Satoshi will be leaving the show very soon. They seem to be wanting to avoid the 'main person becoming Godly' cliche in the show.

I know this is difficult for many people to accept, but changing main heroes in shows is a regular thing in Japan. .Hack, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Power Rangers (Don't give me that 'it was US made' story. The thing originally came from Japan! Learned that from the guy who played the original Black Ranger on I Love The 90s.). These are examples of various shows where the entire cast gets switched around almost every season.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2005
    My prediction is that Ash will go to the Sevii Islands before the 4th generation games come out, and May, Brock nd Max will join him. The writers will probably ignore Misty like they've done with Ash's other various pokemon (like Pidgeot). The contest thing isn't a problem for May because the writers can always just put contest halls of their own without following the games, as they've done before.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    but changing main heroes in shows is a regular thing in Japan. ... Digimon
    Hate to break it to you... but Digimon kept the same heroes. :P

All four "seasons" are different series in Japan. So nyah~

And as for the future... I bet Satoshi will continue on his quest, seemingly never winning any League, but always making it high enough to fuel his spirit. He'll continue travelling to various leagues as the games come out until Pocket Monsters is no longer profitable, in which he will suddenly win a league, and become a respected trainer.

The end.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    JKaizer said:
    Hate to break it to you... but Digimon kept the same heroes. :P

All four "seasons" are different series in Japan. So nyah~

And as for the future... I bet Satoshi will continue on his quest, seemingly never winning any League, but always making it high enough to fuel his spirit. He'll continue travelling to various leagues as the games come out until Pocket Monsters is no longer profitable, in which he will suddenly win a league, and become a respected trainer.

The end.

The above is technically true for Pokemon as well, isn't it? So, you can't necessarily go on just what their names are in Japan (0.1, 0.2, and 0.3). Granted this is a bit off topic, so I'll keep it to that.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • What Greg said. It'll never end. It'll just keep on going until the sales drop so low that Nintendo decides to bail out on it. And then, the anime will be rushed to the end, where Satoshi will beat the League of that region, and become a respected trainer.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    The above is technically true for Pokemon as well, isn't it? So, you can't necessarily go on just what their names are in Japan (0.1, 0.2, and 0.3). Granted this is a bit off topic, so I'll keep it to that.
    Pocket Monsters and Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation are different series, though they each have their own seasons~ Nyah~

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • Heh, I also agree that Nintendo will keep going until the sales drop to a alarming low rate. But I also think that Ash will become very powerful then go back to Kanto for another go at the Pokemon League and get to the top and go against Gary. Then, since he's the main character, Ash will beat Gary and become a Pokemon master through the terms of winning the league. I just wish Ash would get older, that would be nice. A ten year old being a Pokemon master just doesn't suit my mind.

Years
  • I think Ash will... just keep on training and doing his best. Same for the rest of them.

I think May will keep traveling with Ash. She's too popular to leave at this point. Max, I don't know. Brock needs to do something, or else go. He's getting sort of tiresome.

Misty, I don't think she's going to join the group as a permanent cast member. I say she's going to stay, maybe come for an episode or two.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    JKaizer said:
    Pocket Monsters and Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation are different series, though they each have their own seasons~ Nyah~

That's what I was talking about. So in other words, you agree with me.

Anywho, one of my older predictions was that at some point the characters were going to become teenagers. I've actually noticed some of them, especially Ash, getting taller. In essence, that means it could actually happen at some point in the series. I predict that when it does, the show will get more serious and be geared toward older audiences, therefore giving it a wider variety of fans. Of course, it will still retain some of the things it has now. (Team Rocket...)

EGM actually wrote a small thing about Pokemon predicting something similar to this occuring, as the original fan base in Japan is getting older (and possibly losing interest).

The reason I tend to lean toward Ash leaving the show though is that they already wrote off Gary, his MAIN RIVAL! Plus, they actually want time to pass on the show, so in order to truly keep the characters young, and thus the show geared toward younger audiences, Ash will have to go...

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • For the future future of Pokemon, I think they should do something that we haven't seen before, or something to enhance the show a bit. Maybe we should have another side quest (Like Master Quest was in the Whirlpool Cup thing.) Another side quest could be like people said, the Sevii Islands. But if they were to add the Sevii Islands into the Anime, they would have to put something that is new, and kinda like a break from typical Gym Battles. Just something along the lines of "out of the ordinary."

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    The reason I tend to lean toward Ash leaving the show though is that they already wrote off Gary, his MAIN RIVAL! Plus, they actually want time to pass on the show, so in order to truly keep the characters young, and thus the show geared toward younger audiences, Ash will have to go...
    Honestly now, why go nuts over that? Should we even consider Shigeru as Satoshi's old rival anyways? I mean, he was barely even in the series to begin with. He made very random and short appearances. At most, we saw more of him at the end of Johto than when the show started all the way to mid-Johto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back