• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When and How did you became a Pokemon fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
  • This sounds crazy, but my obsession with Pok?mon comes out of the chip-packet thingies! You know, the little card-thingies they have as promos. When I was in year 7... so that would have been what, 4 years ago... they had Pok?mon ones. I collected them even though I could not stand Pok?mon. And I slowly became obsessed XD

Years
  • Gosh, you all make me feel so old... I was just into anime in general when Pokemon started here, Sailor Moon and Robotech and all that. I caught a couple episodes of the show in the fall when it started and thought it looked kinda cutely goofy, but then I moved away from home to a place in the boondocks that didn't have a channel that carried it. I had just started getting into RPGs, though, and it sounded really interesting, so despite being dirt-poor trying to survive on my own I scraped together enough money for Pokemon Blue and a Game Boy Pocket since the down button on my old original Game Boy had worn out. I think there was some rebate on the GBP if you bought Pokemon, too, so that helped. And I was just hooked from then. I got Silver the day it came out and a Game Boy Color from my boyfriend's mother for Christmas. She loved buying me cute Pokemon stuff because she never had a daughter, she buys me a lot of Hello Kitty stuff, too. :) Pokemon is actually what got me back into gaming in general, though I've never been able to reliably watch the show. Even now that I'm living in civilization again I don't get a WB station, and I've seen all the early stuff Cartoon Network's showing now. I tend to yell at the TV when they go against type advantages and stuff anyway. :P

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
  • i was 5 i saw the game, then bought it.it was fun, i was into the cards,so i saw gold.i boudght it.i reswerved sappire the day it came out. i reswerved fire red 5 months be fore it gonna come out.

Cute_Pikachu

~*Pikachu Trainer*~
    Years
  • Well let's see. Um...oh yeah! In 1st grade my classmate helped me on the school's computer. Then he showed me Pokemon.com, it was so cool that I got stuck to it!!^_^

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • When I was a little 5th grader, my sister brought home some Pokemon cards a friend gave her. I looked at them and thought they were the cutest things ever. I immediatly began my reasearch, collecting cards, movies, action figures, anything I could lay my hands on. My loyalty has never wavered!

Years
  • My story is also like yours {silent tattsu}
    here ts is:

I was 3 years old and my Mum went to work and my grandma was babysitting, she was flick threw the channels and started watching this program so i said to my grandma, what's this called? and she said "pokemon" so i said "can i watch it to the end" and my grandma said yes, i will always remember that day and the episode i was watching was where Ash caught Caterpie but sooner i got so used to it i decided to get the game and when i was only 4 years old i won my first pokemon league victory!!!.

Marik4me

Lover of Ishtar siblings
    Years
  • XD Well, for me James got me interested. I was watching the WB and waiting for YuGiOh and they were playing a Pok?mon episode from the fourth season. I saw James and thought he was cute, so I watched again to learn what his name was. ^__~ And it went from there!

fangle spangle

aint it cute
    Years
  • i saw the reviews for stadium before it was released in japan, when it was pocket monster, i had to wait about a year befor the blue version came out in the uk, i bought it the day it came out, im 19 now and still play it

Years
  • I almost didn't get in to it. I was doing one of those stupid school sports day things and one of my sister's friends was playing it. He had to do a race so I asked if i can play he gameboy to pass the time. A the time i thought it was a bit lame so i didnt play it for about six months.
    Then one day I was away from school sick and I was doing some channel surfing and found Pokemon on tv. I was addicted. I got a gameboy colour for my next birthday and because of my love of the tv show I decided to try pokemon yellow. The rest, as they say, is history.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I began to like Pokemon about 4 years ago. Im not really sure how it happened though.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • well as soon as it came out in the U.K, I was finding myself getting up every day to watch the pokemon anime that I had somehow become obsessed with, when the cards came out everyone in school had em, if u didnt have em u were unnoticed and uncool, but I would yhave got wem anyway, we collected and traded in school for about a year, with my best card being ditto, and the coolest people in the school neing whoever had charizard at the time! LOL

but one day some guy who was widely knows for having the only venusaur in the school, gave his cards to some kid to look at, the kid threw em all over the place and shouted scramble, with everyone nicking em, the guy dudnt get back his venusaur or some of his best cards, and done what most would hyave done, told, since then the cards were banned and they slowly went out of fashion, I and some others carried on collecting em, I was the grass master and trying to get all the grass ones, and my 2 mates were trying to get all the water, and fire pokemon cards, eventually we just stopped, I cant remember how but we did, I carried on watching the anime for w while, but went completely off pokem on about the same time ash caught totodile, then, about 6 months ago, my cousin came rtound my house with pokemon ruby, and his cards, I looked throiagh the cards just to see what he had, and realised how much they had changed, I watched him play ruby, and saw how much the GFX had changed, so just for a laugh, I bought one of my own, and kinda bacame obsessed again, I watched the anime, and it for some reason made me mad to se how much of it I had missed and how it had changed, from that day on I re became a fan, I dont collect the cards, because I collect yugioh and I cant offord to collect both, but I have bought and multi time complted the new games, and tried as much as I could to see all the old epis oif pokemon that I missed, I have seen most of em now, and am waiting to see the johto league, and a couple of the gym battlkes before I am up to date, I was browsing the net for new forums and thought, what the hell, lets look for a pokemon one, this was the one I found, and I have loved every second of being a member, thats my pokemon story ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Sigh...ah, yes, the beginning...I've been a Pokemaniac literally since the moment it hit the US. I saw some kids playing the game's original versions (Red & Blue...I think that they were mostly Blue, strangely enough...), and I asked if I could try it. THey said no, and I went on my way watching over people's shoulders. That evening, I came home and told my parents about it, but my dad already knew of it (Comic Book Continuum has everything comics AND games...), so he understood. The next day, I continued to watch, and I saw some kids sitting in the hallways with huge binders of cards. I asked if I could take a look, and again, I was denied. When I got home, I just sat around until my dad came home. I was sitting in a chair right next to the door facing away, so I didn't SEE him when he came in. When he did and I said hi, he just dropped the starter deck in my lap. I opened it and as soon as I saw the cards I was hooked forever. Later on, I convinced my dad to buy me one of the games, and I chose to get Red...I since have collected gigantic amounts of cards and every single one of the Pokemon games (except for the Tetris ripoffs). I definitely could play circles around those kids. I've won pretty much every single tournament I've been in (which is somewhere in the 50s), formed several decks, and I still even have my first personal (one I made myself) deck from my early days...However, there's no real League around here (WOIHRGTORUHFGHKBFIAERBV!!!!!!!!!), so I haven't been able to play for a few months now............

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I got this video in the mail promoting Pok?mon propaganda and telling about how it was going to take the world by storm when the show started in September. It retrospect it was actually a pretty cool video, and it foresaw it's future pretty well.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • The time: Fall/Winter 98
    The place: My house

I've just gotten my latest issue of Disney Adventures (a magazine I loved back then) in the mail...as I page through the stories, features, and comics...one particular ad in the technology section piqued me: a bunch of weird creatures about to be caught in a huge net. But one particular creature stuck out in my mind: a tiny yellow mouse with a thunderbolt for a tail. I kept the little guy in mind as I put the finished magazine with all the others I owned.

The next day, I ask my best friend what this "Pokemon" thing was that was taking the school by storm...and he produced from his backpack a figure of the mouse creature! He tells me that the creature's name was "Pikachu". I listened as he told me that "Pikachu" belonged a boy named "Ash". "Ash"s biggest dream was to become a "Pokemon Master"...so he traveled around the world with his friends "Misty" and "Brock", as well as "Pikachu". We spent the class period trying to draw "Pikachu".

Later, I'm watching TV, and a commercial with "Pikachu" in it comes on! That did it for me...I went and got Blue a few days later.

And the rest is history...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • This thread is over one month old...it's also more than a year old. XD Liam Kenna, please be sure to check that the thread you are posting in isn't over one month old. :33 (Just check to see when the last post was, if it was at least one month ago, then don't post in it.)

'Tis closing time! ^o^

*closes*

~Kelsey

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back