• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are you getting pokemon x and y

Years
    Wow alot of people are getting it on the release date or a couple days after. Lol, when I get the game for Christmas I'm gonna have to do some major grinding XD.

Years
    I'm most definitely aiming to one of the games on release day. If I don't wind up getting one of them on release day, it's probably because I fell short on money.

Years
    I already have the money for a new 3DS XL and Pokemon Y. I'll be getting my game on midnight release at Nintendo World in New York City (don't know if Nintendo World hold midnight releases, but if they do, I will for sure get it then.)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I aiming to have at least one of them, Y, one release date. Even if I don't have a 3DS I still will buy it and buy the system later. Don't mind wait for later to play it. If I can't get either, then I will likely get them sometime between the release date and Christmas. Mostly likely scenario is if I don't have money by the release date, I'll get it for Christmas. I've never gotten a Pokemon game on release date yet (but I was close with White which I got the day after ) so I hope I can finally do that this time.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Hell, I'm pre-ordering. Just waiting on more info about the exclusives in each game so I know which one to pre-order.

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
    Years
    Of course, I would love to purchase it the day of its release, but unfortunately I'll most likely be busy or unable to do so. Hopefully, by the end of the first week I'll own Pokemon Y. I want to pre-order it but I just don't have the money. The game is definitely worth it, though.

Years
    Hahaha wow so many people are like "eh I'll get it when I get it" and I'm sitting here like WHAT?! I got a job JUST so I could buy this and a 3DSxl (which is currently in my possesion :3 ). As for me, unfortunatly Ebgames isn't doing a midnight release, so I'll be sleeping outside of the shopping centre on the night of October 11th. I live in Australia so I'll be able to get it before you Americans. FINALLY!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Would like to get it when I will be able to get a3DS for cheap, don't think I will take that XY 3DS since it will only accept Japanese 3DS cartridge ( I could play Digimon World Re : Digitize Decode on it but all NA cartridge will not work because of Region Lock )

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    I want to get it D1M1 (that's day 1 minute 1) via the eShop like I did for M&L Dream Team (which I still haven't finished) because I won't be able to wait any amount of time to start playing it, and I prefer digital downloads cause the retailers in Dubai are like criminal and charge like $70 for a DS/3DS game.
    The thing is, I want to hold out for a possible Z version, but I really can't wait however many months. Hopefully they make Gen 3 remakes, in which case they will probably have all the features of the Z version. In those cases, I will get Pokemon Y at release, and the remake of Sapphire if it comes out.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Depends, if I get a physical copy then when target opens a 7 am but if I download it from the eshop then ASAP which should be midnight

Years
    I want to get it D1M1 (that's day 1 minute 1) via the eShop like I did for M&L Dream Team (which I still haven't finished) because I won't be able to wait any amount of time to start playing it, and I prefer digital downloads cause the retailers in Dubai are like criminal and charge like $70 for a DS/3DS game.
    The thing is, I want to hold out for a possible Z version, but I really can't wait however many months. Hopefully they make Gen 3 remakes, in which case they will probably have all the features of the Z version. In those cases, I will get Pokemon Y at release, and the remake of Sapphire if it comes out.

I don't think they will make Z just like they didn't make gray. Which was kinda disappointing Imo.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I don't even have a 3DS yet omg. :( I'm hoping to get a job by the time it comes out (i have an interview in august yaya) If I do manage to get a 3DS before then I'll probably pre-order X and then get Y later. If I don't get a job and have the money I'll probably end up getting a 3DS, X and Y for Christmas.

Years

How much would it be through eShop? I prefer the hard copies, but I'm also paying $140 for X and Y...Haha I am SOOO lucky to have a big bro who loves Pokemon as much as me, that way I pay for my own 3DS while he covers the games.

Ahh I remember back in January when I said I couldn't wait 10 months, now it's only 81 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes and counting!!

dannidarko

Danni Darko
    Years
    I want to get it somewhat near the release date...but i have to buy a 3DS first lol. I'll probably buy them together seeing as the shops usually give out deals for game and console.

vapoorizer

Newbies United
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    I'm most likely getting it on the release date or a bit after it. :) The only problem is I LOST MY 3DS. I feel like an idiot XD oh my god though I need to find it I'm going to tear the house apart tomorrow I'd do it right now but it's late here o_O I suppose I have until October though. GOTTA LOVE PROCRASTINATION. ♥

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
    Eh, I'm always like OMAGHERD OMAGHERD IMMA PREORDER DIS NOW!!! (apologize for the caps) but I always end up getting the game late November, this naturally being the time I have the money cash bills for it :P . Idk why, but it's been a tradition for me.

Nakala Pri

I'm getting it for my birthday. I am so pumped up! :D

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Probably getting Y during the release day. If not then I'll have to get it after the release day. I just have to buy my 3DS XL like a month or two before its release.

Back