• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are you getting pokemon x and y

Years
    When are you guys getting pokemon X or Y? I'm wondering who is getting it on release and who is getting it for christmas? Or even after that. Also which edition are you getting X or Y? I am getting one game for christmas and a 3Ds most likely. And I'll be getting Y edition.

Years
    I'll probably get them for Christmas again due to the release date being weeks after my birthday, which is the usual time I get new Pokemon games. But given that the games come out on the 12th, this will probably be the second time I get a Pokemon game at Christmas, the first time being Black 2 & White 2.

Years
    I'll probably get them for Christmas again due to the release date being weeks after my birthday, which is the usual time I get new Pokemon games. But given that the games come out on the 12th, this will probably be the second time I get a Pokemon game at Christmas, the first time being Black 2 & White 2.

Atleast no major events will happen before Christmas I think Gf will put out minor events before christmas

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The day they come out I'm getting at least one.

As for events, both gen 5's had some sorta download upon release. There is nothing that says there won't be an event when the games come out. Gamestop is supposedly having an event upon release. Mine cannot confirm this, but multiple gamestops are saying that there will be a download so we never know.

Years
    The day they come out I'm getting at least one.

As for events, both gen 5's had some sorta download upon release. There is nothing that says there won't be an event when the games come out. Gamestop is supposedly having an event upon release. Mine cannot confirm this, but multiple gamestops are saying that there will be a download so we never know.

A download of what? And I mean no major events. And if they do they might re release it like they did with victini.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    October 12th hopefully. If not, then within that week. I really hope there will be an event when the games are released, preferably an event-exclusive legendary like Genesect and Victini.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A download of what? And I mean no major events. And if they do they might re release it like they did with victini.

Liberty Ticket Victini was a major event. It was the commemorative event to get the liberty ticket Victini. The other Movie Victini is a different one. They are both major events. I don't think there exists any minor events as far as downloads go.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I have it preordered from Amazon, so somewhere between October 11th and October 15th.

Years
    Liberty Ticket Victini was a major event. It was the commemorative event to get the liberty ticket Victini. The other Movie Victini is a different one. They are both major events. I don't think there exists any minor events as far as downloads go.

But you still got victini a second time. And majors to me are legendary pokemon events, anyways I heard that GF decided to release the game in october so it wont loss sales due to PlayStation 4 coming out in november? And so the game is still close enough for peoples holiday wish list, so I don't see the first event ending till sometime January 2014

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But you still got victini a second time. And majors to me are legendary pokemon events, anyways I heard that GF decided to release the game in october so it wont loss sales due to PlayStation 4 coming out in november? And so the game is still close enough for peoples holiday wish list, so I don't see the first event ending till sometime January 2014

Victini was a legendary Pokemon event. It doesn't matter how many times an event is held...Mew has like 9 events or something close to that through the course of its life. Some multiple releases within the same generation. I believe Mewtwo was released twice in Gen 5 as well.

As for the release date rumor...that is not even close to being true. Gamefreak wouldn't have known what the PS4's release date was before they announced it. Pokemon had a set date since January pretty much as since January with its initial airing the games were October. The PS4 doesn't even have an actual date as far as I remember seeing. My work info wasn't updated and I'd be the first to find out. Its still a Fall release a long with the Xbox One. Both of these were given these hold dates recently so there is no way that a Game would be effected by a console's sale when the company making it has no idea when it was coming out.

As for Pokemon events, normally they are about 1 to 2 months long. So if one happened in October, it would end in November or early December.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    To avoid jumping into the argument I'll stay on topic and say that I'll only buy it when I feel like it. Maybe this Christmas or something like that? I'd also have to buy the 3DS, which is a shame because 3DS games obviously don't work on DS.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I think I want to buy them on their release date, but it's not a big deal whenever I get them. Black2 is the only pokemon game which I've bought within two weeks of its release.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I've not pre-ordered yet but I imagine I will from Amazon, or something. Unfortunately there's no video game store at all near me so I'd have to take a ~45 minute drive to pick up a copy, so ordering it online is just easier. Unfortunately that means it'll take a few days to arrive though :(

Hypocrates

shampain
    Years
    I'll probably get them the day they are released, as per usual for me. I have already preordered Y but I'll be getting X on the day.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I'll be getting it somewhere around the release month. The earliest I can will be a day after since I might have my finals on the release date.

Back