• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you get into pokemon? an how old where you?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I was in third or fourth grade when it actually came out here, but I don't think I really got into it until fourth grade. Sooo... I was about nine. And now I'm eighteen. Whooo, how time flies. :'D

I originally was introduced to it by some classmates drawing Pikachu. I thought it was a South Park character at the time because I knew nothing about then-current fads. XD When I learnt what it was, I fell in love instantly and ever since, I've been a Pokémon fan.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • When i got into pokemon, was in 1998, when i saw the first anime episode that was like new when it aired here in Puerto Rico. Ever since then, i've always loved pokemon no matter what anybody else said

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I started my first Pokemon game (Red version) back when I was 6 years old. 1998 I believe? Now I'm 15 and still loving Pokemon :D

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
  • It was 1997 my love for Final Fantasy was blooming that same year but when i went to school a few days after playing FF7 my fav game in the series i noticed a weird animal plushie a fellow class mate had turned out to be a seel and i asked her what the heck it was and she sad that word that will forever bond me to that brand name POKEMON!!!! thus my love for the pokemon mania began and Final Fantasy for awhile took a back seat to POKEMON :)
    I still remember my first starter a charmander named Char on pokemon Red :)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • I think I started...
    When I watched a comercial showing that pokémon was going to be on Cartoon Network. I thought it was some kind of toy. XD
    But when I watched the first episode I simply fell in love with it, and became a fan.
    It was 1998, I was 8 years old, now I´m 17, almost 18...

I first played pokemon as a videogame when I was 13, with a used pokemon yellow version and a used GBC.
    Because, here in Brazil, videogame is something associated with monetary condition, only rich people can buy and maintain videogames without piracy... (sadly it stills like that)

Now that I have money to buy them, I won´t play pokemon again until they release a "decent" version of pokemon, hate this entire new generation.

Umbreon Ruler

Like clockwork
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I got into it around the middle of the anime in America. I was about five or so, I think.

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
  • Um whenever yellow vesion came out, I had just got it before a vacation trip to Florida, I think I was like 7 or 8

Edit: I just looked up when the game was released, I was around 5 or 6

Allen-kun

Banned
    Years
  • I think when I was 9 or something.

We had the game on the computer first.

Then the actually game came out and then they made the shows and whatnot.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I saw it first on TV after school ages ago, maybe about 6-7 years ago when I was around 8 or 9. I used to watch all sorts of anime after school and Pokemon became one of those. And then the TCG cards kicked in and it was one of those crazes around then.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I've been with Pokemon since its first debute in America, my dad got me blue version for a birthday present along with a game boy color.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I started Pokemon when I got my first game, sometime around my 9th birthday. Ever since, I've been interested in it!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I was about 7/8, it was when pokemon was first on in the UK, it was before Digimon one day and i watched it and loved it

=]

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I got into it around '98, loved it for years but then got tired of it and now I'm back. :D

Back