• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you start playing pokemon?

kitaangel

Pokédork.
Years
  • Oh wow, I can't pinpoint the YEAR but, I was like, 9-10 like, and I was at a friends house, one I hadn't seen in a while and she handed me her gameboy and the game and told me it was really fun and I would like it. I played until Cerulean City, then we watched movies lol, it was Red I think.
    That Christmas though, I got a Gameboy Color and Yellow and to this day I still own the game. *clings*

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
  • I started when I was 9. For my 7th christmas, I had gotten a bunch of Pokemon games, yet I never played them. My dad and grandpa did though. Every once in a while I would play yellow version, just for the heck of it. Then i decided I liked it and remembered another pokemon game in my toybox. I found out it was Cyrystal Version. From then on, I never put my Game Boy SP down.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • My first game was Yellow, but I stopped with pokemon to Gold until seeing Sapphire...only while naturing I understood the game fully...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Well, when I was younger I liked Pokemon, but I wasn't really a video game person until about...two years ago or something. That was when one of my relatives bought me a DS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 and an Avatar the Last Airbander game, and...I've loved them ever since!!

Years
  • Red came first, then came Gold. I actually started playing on a Non-Color Gameboy I found at a yard sale.

SteveRyan

MR X
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    My Brother Bought Red + Blue
    And ever scince then i have been addicted!
    I Got Crystal and then Sapphire + Fire Red
    I still dont have pearl or diamond =[
    But i think i might wait untill Platinum comes out =]

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Red version back in 98 I believe. I was six, just sitting outside playing it with friends and at school. Around the time when trading cards came about, the good 'ol days. I remember when I first completed the game with a Lvl 60 Charizard and a bunch of Lvl 30 Pokémon haha. After that, I played Yellow and Gold. I never played any of the GBA ones till last year, but I wasn't missing much. I got D/P last year, which got me back into Pokémon. What a game, i'd just like to be able to fly on a Pokémon but fight trainers in the air who also are on their Pokémon. Would seem like a cool idea.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    First game i played was Yellow int he 1st grade i wa slike the only one in my class that didnt have a Game Boy Color and once i got it and yellow after my piano recital i was addcited i even took it to school which was against the rules but i didnt care ,lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I first played red in a friends gameboy.. liked it, then I bought Yellow, my first Pokémon game.. I was like 8/9 years old at the time...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure the first one I got was Pokémon Blue |D; And I remember getting it very clearly too. It was only like, a week or so after the game had come out, and we were having a yard-sale, so I sold like a million things to have enough for a Gameboy Color and Blue, and I've been buying most of the games as they come out ever since :>

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I started with the collectible trading cards, not even the ones you can play with. Then I played Pokémon Stadium. When did I start playing the real Pokémon games?
    Two months ago I got Diamond, and it's my first game! :D
    I'm really new to all this, but I'm learning fast and I'm already breeding and taking my pokémon to contests, so...
    But I'll get FireRed and Emerald one day!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • 3rd grade with Pokemon Red. Oh the memories...Pokemon wasn't just a game to me then, it was a way of life. It was seriously something that had me daydreaming for countless hours about the endless possibilities the Poke-world could bring. I blame Pokemon for lack of focus in latter school years :mudkip^_^:

solidpat221

DW Founder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    if i remember correctly i started playin pokes in 1998 with blue version, then ever since i played blue, ive been hooked and never wanted to stop playing and yeah here i am 10 years later, started playing at 6 now im 16 and till playin pokes lol

Back