• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"When I grow up, I want to be a..."

Years
  • For the past 5 years I have wanted to do something with computers, but I was puzzled with exactly what to do which involved using a computer. Though I always had a large fascination for games I just wasn't sure if it was for me. Science did interest me for a little while but with that too I wasn't 100% about it.

However at the beginning of last year they had a little mini elective for a semester at school with game making, I took it up and that's how I discovered Game Maker. Since that day I've adored Game Maker and have now decided that game design is for me, no matter how hard it may be. =P

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
  • I want to be a professional photographer when I get older, or an elementary school teacher, preferably a second or third grade teacher. I love kids but ones under six or seven years old can be a handful and don't always listen.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    A General in the Soviet Army

I'll probably end up being a programmer of sorts. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably end up joining the Navy after college and go in as a captain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Well, when I was younger, I wanted to be a doctor, but then I'd squirm at the sight of blood. ER confirmed the fact that being a doctor wouldn't appeal to me. XD; And then a couple of years ago, I really wanted to be a computer software engineer, but then I decided that I'd rather code stuff as a hobby instead of developing it into a career. Now, I'm really into medical sciences, biology, and chemistry, and I'm looking into being a pharmacist.

Of course, when I was little, I wanted to be Spider-Man, which ended in a broken arm and a shattered lamp. ;D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I wanted to be a veterinarian, since I love animals. But then I found out that I freak out at the sight of blood and become way too attached to animals, so that job was out.

Then I wanted to be a writer, which was a dream that I carried with me since I was three (though I didn't know it at the time). But I gave up on that because I just don't have the want to sit there and write all day.

Now I'm tossing around the idea of becoming either an interior designer, an architect, a contractor, a professional wildlife trapper, or a copywriter. And I'm an adult almost out of college. I think I've grown up enough. XD;

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    FIREMAN :3
    Not reallyyyy. But I never really wanted to be anything :/.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • When I was little, I wanted to be an artist. then after trying, I thought I had no talent.

So, I desided to be an art teacher. But something about that kinda freaks me out...?

Then I thought of being a game designer. It's still an ambition.

But I have now EXPANDED my ambitions to want to be one of these jobs:
    Game Designer, Chef, Comic maker, or Scripter.

anyone of those would fit me :P

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I want to be $uperm@n!
    I never thought of this before, but I think I want to be a computer software designer, programmer or maybe just a nice game designer :D

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2008
    when i was like,... 4 i wanted to be a firetruck, not a fireFIGHTER,... a fireTRUCK....
    now i want to be an artist

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I think that when I was a really little kid, I wanted to be a... horse. I used to walk around acting like one all the time, and sometimes I'd even tie myself to our chairs and table so my mom could pet me on the head whenever she walked by. I wouldn't be surprised if I even tried eating grass, too. xD; I was weird.

A more realistic goal of mine was to become a dolphin trainer, since they're my favorite animal. I've decided against it now, though, because as much as I'd love to do something like that... it'd probably be pretty hard on me. I'd have to move far away from my family, there'd be tons of college work involved, and it's a job that you'd REALLY have to commit your life to. With all of the feeding, training, studying, and playing involved, it'd be hard to make time for anything else.

Buuut I was blessed with the chance to swim with some on vacation once, and plan to do it again one of these days, so that should help save me from falling into deep depression. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    When I was little, I wanted to be an artist. then after trying, I thought I had no talent.

So, I desided to be an art teacher. But something about that kinda freaks me out...?
    To be an art teacher you would have to be good in the area of art, otherwise you'd be useless half the time.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I had a lot of weird dreams, I wanted to be:

a scientist
    a chemist
    an actor for Power Rangers
    an actor
    a video game developer
    a video game designer
    a video game programmer

Well sweeties, since I don't like the new installments of Power Rangers, I'm studying computer science and learning how to get into the game industry. XD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Even though I know I'll probably end up living in a box for it, a writer. Writing is my passion, really, so I wouldn't mind making a living off it.

But to put food on the table and pay the rent, I'd like to be an editor because I'm well aware that I'm anal enough to pull that sort of thing off.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I wanted to be the person that worked the cash register: a cashier. I thought pressing all those buttons were cool.

Been there. Done that. Wasn't cool. Still isn't cool. Your raincloud of happiness :D

I've wanted to be so many things, I'm tired of repeating all the stuff I want to be XD
    Umm... one of the more important ones was game design. That started when I was like 7 years old XD;

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    I'm a college student, so I'm on my way to becoming what I have wanted to do since I was 3 years old, lol, ... a veterinarian...preferrably in an Emergency Clinic, rather than a standard clinic. If I can't do that, I want to do veterinary work on wildlife in reserves.

Back