• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When you got GB Sounds...

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    what was the first place you heard it?

I went straight to Goldenrod, turned it on, Nostalgia'd and cried a little

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • When i first got it, i turned it on and ran around in the grass until i got into a battle and i squeed... [I've you've ever squeed you'll know what i mean... If not... Well...]

I hate the new battle music... Love the old stuff. ^^

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I went to the Game Corner to admire its music without having to wait for the tune to kick in like the remastered version. Then I went to ecruteak dance hall, then to Route 47/48, to see what happened to their music, and its quite good.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I probably tried it straight away in Celadon City's location, but it wasn't until I went to Goldenrod City and the Routes set before there to test it out properly and part of my eight/nine/ten year old self came crawling back. :D

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • When i first got it, i turned it on and ran around in the grass until i got into a battle and i squeed... [I've you've ever squeed you'll know what i mean... If not... Well...]

I hate the new battle music... Love the old stuff. ^^
    Same, I even squeed. :D

-Okami

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I walked around Celadon City for a while and then I was just flying around to random locations that weren't in GSC to see what their music sounded like dumbed down. XD

The Pokethlon dome's music sounds surprisingly good in 8-bit. :P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Just to Goldenrod .
    Epic 8bit.
    And the Pokeathlon Dome. I never played GSC (only on a ROM) so I didn't cry or anything ...

NatureKeeper

I went to the game corner first and used it there, because it has pwnsome music. :D

It is good. The first test was in Kanto. Battle Music was the first thing. Ahh... The old days...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I wouldn't say I cried.....being manly and all that ;D but yeah nostalgia hit me. It was nice to hear the old sounds again.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I went to all of the places that werent in the original games, and was surprised that they actually made 8-bit music for them :D I was disapointed that the battle frontier didn't have 8-bit versions though.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years

I know, I squeed as well ^_^

How do you get this 8-bit symphony?

Beat all 16 gyms, then go to Celadon City Codominiums 3rd floor and speak to the sound guy (standing by the globe)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Celadon City. I just wanted to test it out.

There are a few places where I always turn it on though.

Goldenrod, (I REALLY don't like the HG/SS version..) and Route 1. (because the GB Player version sounds just... amazing. ohmygod.) If I visit the place more, I think i'm mainly going to use the GB Player in Ecruteak too.

Back