• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you grow up:Þ

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • What do you wanna be when you grow up, have you planned what you need to do too get there?

I mean are you maybe already in school, like in medical school or lawyer school?

Tell us your goals for the future:)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd love to have one of those jobs I'll never get, like being a movie director or a bestselling author. Realistically, I'd like to work in the police force; I reckon I'd be good there.

I'm also planning to run for president at some point.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Later in life I want to work in the music business or another aspect of media...

I want to do do an A level in Music Technology after I finish secondary school.

Years
  • It has been a childhood dream of mine to become an artist, and I plan to go through with my ambition by enrolling in courses that would give me good qualifications for employment. At the moment I'm in one of these courses, which happens to be the equivalent of three A levels; and I seem to be doing well so far.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • When I grow up,
    I wanna be famous,
    I wanna be a star,
    I wanna be in movies!

When I grow up,
    I wanna see the world,
    Drive nice cars,
    I wanna have groupies!

I really don't know what I want to be. I had my dreams of being an astronaut, a doctor, a scientist, but those dreams have faded away. Though I'd probably do something like microbiology or medicine.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I've always wanted to be a Game designer.
    I love to fiddle with computers and stuff so I think it would be my perfect job.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • I'm going to be a Graphic Designer, as most of you probably could've figured. My dream school is RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) as it's one of the premier art schools in the US.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I would like to be a doctor, and I do plan on going to medical school if all goes well. If not, I really don't know. Nothing else really interests me to a point where I'd want to pursue it as a career.

On a slightly less realistic note, I'd love to be a writer. I've actually written a fair amount of a fantasy novel I'm working on, but lost steam a while ago. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the project again at some point. And on a very less realistic note, my dream job would be to play in the NHL. (Not going to happen, but it would be epic XD).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    There's really only ever been one area that interests me: Information Technology (computers)
    I'm currently preparing to enter the School of Engineering here so that I can get in to computer engineering. I love computers, so I'm really looking forward to it (even if I do have to take a lot of challenging math courses).

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Since I'm already "grown", I do teach. But when my children get a tad older, I do want to resume my plans for college in Korea. I would extremely enjoy being a marine biologist.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I used to want to go into some kind of an art career,but that faded away because I lost a little bit of interest over time..
    Right now,I'm looking towards an acting career. Telenovelas have inspired me in so many ways ;3;

Years
  • Well (for now anyways) I want to be a General Practitioner (Doctor) but as I said things change in College so I'll declare "Undeclared Major" once I'm there. XD

Lower Expectations: Nurse. =P

As for my other non-realistic "careers": Scientist, Historian, or Computer Programmer/Technician.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    well, seeing as how I'm going to college soon, I'm working towards a teaching certificate and a degree in history. I adore history and the different kinds of social sciences :) I already talk about it enough in my free time, so it would be awesome to get paid to do that in the future haha.

I'd teach at a secondary level though, I don't have the patience for little kids at all.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • I'm gonna be an optometrist (eye doctor), I've already decided myself of going to the U of Waterloo in Ontario.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I...am hoping to become a paranormal investigator. The paranormal has always struck my interest since I was a little girl (I blame "Scooby Doo", as well as my overactive imagination). But, since I heard it doesn't pay much, I was thinking of also being a part-time video game tester or movie critic.

As for getting into college, since there really aren't any with metaphysical studies.... I'm thinking of UNC, but.... Other colleges might catch my interest later. I AM only a freshman, after all =P

Back