• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • In Guild Wars all my characters used to be xxxxx Leonheart (Serina Leonheart, Serenity Leonheart etc), so the other members of my guild started calling me Leon for simplicity :P. Fei was a random surname I found on behindthename.com I believe, so I just put the two together and it kind of stuck as a user name.

Years
  • It's my nickname IRL, funny story. I sneezed once really loudly in a otherwise dead silent class room in college and the nickname "Sneeze" kind stuck for the next... Going on 5 years.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Here we go again.

It was for Nicktropolis, I loved Power Rangers at that time, and discovered that Blue was my new/permanent favourite colour hence taking a liking to the Blue Power Ranger. When registering, BlueRanger was taken, and BlueRanger1 was also. So I just chose Bluerang1 thinking it was "Bluerange1" I'm not sure if I added the "1" or not at this instance though. I only realised this error when someone on the site pointed it out, saying, "What's 'rang' anyway, is it some sort of slang?" Total realisation moment! Then, I couldn't register for Neopets on my PC for some reason, so I asked that same person who pointed out my error, not on the same day might I had, probably weeks after. She registered for me with the same Username and it's stuck ever since :) (I'll remember to save this speech whenever this question comes up again xD)

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
    Years
  • I <3 pirates so i made up an imaginary character whos name would be mr marine the most legendary pirate ever lived.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    Shakespeare is an awesome name. That's why I use it as my username <3

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Ok here we go. There is this forum that my dad is on and this guys name is Captain Morgan. So, I like hobos so, I came up with Captain Hobo. I accidently put the period on it lol.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My old username was Aki the Tanuki because, at the time, my newest original character was a tanuki named Aki (he can still be seen in my avatar and signature). My new username, Akiyuki Aretukasu draws from that. Because several of my online friends had already started calling me Aki-chan, I figured there would be less confusion if I left Aki in my name. The yuki (snow) part comes from my love of Ice-type Pokemon. Aretukasu is my real name in Japanese. Akiyuki Aretukasu is also the name of my Shugo Chara character bearer OC who is identical to my Pokemon Trainer OC, Alex.

Of course, some still call me by my VERY old (original) username, KougaWolf (or KW for short). At the time, I was really into Inu-Yasha (and I still like it). My favorite character was (and still is) Koga (or Kouga, in Japanese). He's a wolf demon, so... KougaWolf. Yeah.

Koope

Rainbowlicious!
    Years
  • Well let's see ....

Most of the time I chose usernames, I used bands or something music related ... problem was, I usually grew out of that music/genre and didn't want to use the name anymore ....

So one day in some online game which I don't remember, I named my character Koop. I really liked it, people could pronounce it, and it was short and sweet.

Then A long time passed and I bought an xbox and needed and account name ... Koop was taken, so I used "Koope" (pronounced Koo - P). Now, ever since I have stuck with Koope on everything, so if you see another site with someone named Koope, 90% chance it's me.

I've actually used it so much, it's become an actual nickname for me, 80% of my friends call me Koope in real life :D

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    "Nanaboo" is a nickname that I call my kitty. (:

SereneMidnight

Midnight Rider
    Years
  • I got SereneMidnight because I needed to change my gamertag real quick because my brother wasn't using it anymore, so I spent 800 MS Points to have it changed and it has been my official online alias ever since.

Years
  • Mine is just the nickname that my friend gave me all the way back in grade 3, and it has kinda stuck over the last nine years. When I was younger, I though he picked the nickname because of a character named "Brandino" in a video game I used to play, but I don't quite remember what it is, and I don't even know if the game was out yet when I got my nickname.

Years
  • Most would think that my Username is derived from Cloud Strife of FF7.

But it actually comes from a recurring lucid dream I have where I am in a house made of Clouds. The number just makes it unique. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back