• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you Start?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 17, 2020
late 90's to early 2000's. it was huge in my school back then.

Years
Pokémon Pearl! I received it as a present along with a Nintendo DS for my 8th birthday. I'd been watching the anime for a few years beforehand but this was my official introduction to the games and it was the beginning of my love affair with pokemon games.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Started with Pokémon Red/Blue in 2004 (not sure which one) when I borrowed my sister's copy of the game when she was done with it. Although the first game I owned for myself was Pokémon Ruby, think I got it in either 2005 or 2006.

Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red when it first released. I remember sitting in the back of the car heading somewhere with my parents struggling on the first gym with my Charmander.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Pokémon Red was my first ever video game. :) Well, that I owned, anyway. I had to share it with my brother and we definitely had our share of squabbles over the save file. (He got to play first and picked... I don't even remember what starter and I restarted and picked Squirtle when it was my turn with the Gameboy. But then he used our Master Ball on Snorlax so I consider us even.)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
My first was Heart Gold version! I got it around May of 2010, just three months after I got a DS Lite for my 8th birthday. Since every game I played up to that point auto-saved, I had no idea how to save and continue my run. As a result I played up to Goldenrod City over and over again.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I started with Pokémon XD! I became interested in Pokémon again in 2006 after passing it off as a fad a while ago but back then I never owned a Pokémon game.

For cartridge games, Pokémon Emerald's my first. Still holds memories to this day.

ryu_gold

Gold Angel
Years
I started with Pokémon Red! I was a kid me and my brother playing in an emulator. I remember the sprites of pokemon does not seems like with the anime but I did like the sprites. Still today play this game! I'm with a squirtle in vermilion city! Good memories.

Back