• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do travelling trainers spend their night?

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    I've been wondering where travelling trainers sleep when they're in the middle of their journeys. I know that in the anime, Pokemon Centers provide rooms to sleep in, but I think that's only available in the anime. In the games, we don't need to sleep, so there really isn't much detail regarding where travelling trainers spend their night on. Do they sleep in other people's houses? Do they sleep on the empty grass fields? Do they fly back to their houses by using their Pokemon and sleep there? Which one is the most appropriate and makes the most sense to you?

Years
  • I kind of just assumed that in the games, just like the anime, our characters sleep out in the open in their sleeping bags any time that they're in between cities, and at Pokemon Centers/other buildings when available. Although, if I had the ability to fly around in real life as fast as you do in the games, I'd probably fly home almost every day to get a good night's rest.

Sirfetch’d

I was pretty much thinking exactly what Brenden was thinking about the sleeping bags. I can really only see that as their method of sleep because there isn't always a Pokemon Center around to sleep in and obviously your character doesn't fly home to sleep. Either that or our character has a really severe case of insomnia and never sleeps throughout the entire game!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, when doing written roleplaying, we usually have our characters bringing tents with them, or at least sleeping bags. Tents can be heavy unless you have some kind of high-tech superfoldable thingy :p Which is totally okay in RPing, imo, haha. But yeah, that and in Pokémon Centers is usually how I picture it. Like Ash and the others do in the anime, camping out.

By the way, this is totally something that can be discussed, so moving it to Pokémon General's main forum ^^

-moved

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Pokemon Centers tend to have rooms for trainers to sleep in, but those tend to run out very quickly due to the high volume of trainers around the region. I'd also think that trainers would stay in some hotel in the middle of town to gain some sleep, and then move on to the next town the next day or so. But then that would cost a little more than staying at the PokeCenter or camping out.

Years
  • I'd really enjoy sleeping in a bivouac shelter in a forest or on open grassy fields. If I was a trainer the only thing I'd bring along is a tarp - a sleeping bag might be handy for caves or snow. But it's good to travel light!

Nymue

Draconic Neophyte
    Years
  • I'd imagine in a more complete version of the Pokemon universe there'd be a ton of bed-and-breakfasts around wherever there weren't Pokemon Centers (or where there were, but offering deluxe services) for that reason.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • PCs and open air are the safe bets =D
    I also support the hotel idea. We had hotels in XD/Colosseum and even in Unova.
    Flying to home is also a good idea but trainers need Fly for that so they cannot use it right away :D

Years
  • I guess they either find a hotel/motel to stay in or just find a nice camping area. I had forgotten about being able to stay in Pokemon Centers.

Back