• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you work?

Years
    I work at a place called PetValu, which is obviously a pet store. I like it. I've been there about 3 months now. I will be leaving soon though because I go back to college in about two weeks. It was meant to be a summer job anyway. Maybe I'll get another job on campus.

Years
    I'm probably the first in this thread to say I have a job at my college! I work in my school's financial aid office doing tasks from helping students out with general questions, to scanning and checking in paperwork to students' records. It's not as boring as it sounds, but I've learned a lot from working there in the three months I've had the job.

Years
    I work at an Engineering Facility in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan. I'm in charge with the task of testing out materials making sure that they are perfect for construction. I also tweak Blueprints to make sure the used materials are capable with the Project. I also work for the Okinawa School district. I fix their computers, Smart Boards, etc. Just the job's I was aiming for.

Another engineer! What sort of materials and tests do you do? Do you conduct the actual tests in the lab or are you in charge of specifying and coordinating them?

Years
    So darkness and conquering are just hobbies, then?

Isn't that the purpose of insurance companies?

I work at the dance studio I train at doing a few various things.
    I take a kids social/medalist class and an adult social class (this one I co-teach with a friend of mine) but this is technically work experience/volunteer work. I love my "kids" class (my class ranges from 12 to 16). They work really hard, they're fun/funny, they actually listen to me and a couple of them have a lot of potential. The adult class is awful though. They range from 16-60 in our class and the majority of them never listen to anything we say. An assistant (a person put in to fill a place where a partner was needed) was always complaining about us and going off on his own (thankfully we seem to be shot of him for the time being) and other staff but in all to frequently.

On top of that I also work the senior social. Basically my role here is to help out during the brief instruction and to otherwise act as something of a host. I entertain the old people - talk to them, make jokes and all that - and partner the ladies who don't have men with them. I get a trade-off for one of my lessons, the old people love me, I'm learning heaps of dances that normally you don't learn at our studio and the boss complaining about how boring sequence dances are (I tend to agree about a lot of them) is really amusing. Also, old people are really raunchy.

Last but not least, I'm now taking the odd private lesson. Most of these are one-offs but I may have at last have succeeded in securing a long-term student. I get a chunk of the money for the lesson or a trade-off for lessons of my own.

I'm on a team committee and I'm trying to get onto the committee of the states governing body for competition as a representative for competitors.

Outside of this I do a lot of charity work. I'm on a charity events committee as an event coordinator. I plan, organise, work and perform in shows that raise money for various charities. My last show was a variety night and we managed to make about $3000 dollars for charity which was really cool. My next one is in winter next year but I'm involved in events headed by other people too.

Before this I just did the odd job as a tutor. I love teaching and I'm working towards an education degree.

Years
    AHAHAHAHAHA omg you're my favourite of today.

Bask in my awesomeness PC. I'm the mods favourite.

On a related note, I wonder if any of you consider modding (or higher) on this site equivalent to a regular job. I know none of you are paid, but I'm not for a lot of my work either.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I recently landed a job at an Olive Garden close by me as a dishwasher. Definitely not a glamorous job, but it's better than my last job. I was working at a car wash, and let me tell you, it is helllll working at a car wash in the AZ heat. The place didn't do background checks, and would hire felons right out of prison sometimes. As bad as it sounds, it wasn't that bad, they were some pretty real people. However, it was the company itself that was corrupt. I would work at least 30 hours a week, I'd be lucky to see 25, but I kept my mouth shut because I didn't have solid proof and I was only working the job because I needed experience on my resume before the next opportunity presented itself. That's what keeps me going, just thinking about the bigger picture and what will come later on down the line if I really work for it.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I work a part time job at Marble Slab Creamery/Great American Cookies. It was originally just Marble Slab, but they added the GAC part to the store about 2 years before I started working there (February of this year). It's okay, I guess. It's definitely not the worst job out there..? I worked at Taco Bell beforehand, but I wouldn't really say that the two are comparable. They both had their pros and cons.

There's definitely a huge difference between my current job and fast food, though. You wouldn't think so, but I guess there's something about gourmet ice cream and desserts that just attracts a more mature crowd than tacos. Go figure.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I work full time as a software developer for a small IT company in Southfield that I'd rather not tell the name of at the moment. Not that we have a bad reputation or anything, but rather would not link my posts to HR possibly.

Back