• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    This isn't entirely true. People are saying that it can't be in Japan because they assume that the regions are located in the same places are their counter parts.

However if this is true then Ash must travel through a lot of uncharted land to get from one place to another in the anime.

Also geography says each of the in-game maps should have the top the normal North-East-South-West angles which also throws this proposal off.

In-game explanations of regions positions and anime ones tend to indicate that they're in their real world locations. As well as just the concept art maps. And he wouldn't have because he traveled by boat.

Its very far away, yes, but that may be only relavent in the world of Pokemon, they could still use japan, plus, if you were to walk from the top of japan to the bottom i suppose it could be considered "Far away"
    -Dee

The top of Japan is Sinnoh and the bottom is Hoenn.

IMO it looks like there is only room for about 2 more regions in Japan. They had to ditch Japan for something new.

This. I don't get why people are so desperate for them to use every last bit of uninteresting landscape in Japan before they can look at the rest of the world. They've covered almost all of it.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    The top of Japan is Sinnoh and the bottom is Hoenn.

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

In PokEarth Hoenn is the Left and Sinnoh is the Right... Looks nothing like a Dragon (aka Japan) does it?

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Couldn't even find a bridge in Shanghai that looks like any of the bridges...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

In PokEarth Hoenn is the Left and Sinnoh is the Right... Looks nothing like a Dragon (aka Japan) does it?
    Spoiler:

READ. Just read.

The last sentence above the PokEarth image on Serebii:
    "
    Please note the positioning of the regions is not official and was manipulated for space reasons."

In other words, it's not the real positions in relation to one another!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    but we only have a general idea of where the regions in Pokemon are. Hoenn is said to be south-west of kanto and Sinnoh to be north of Kanto. whilst this is the releative placing of their real world counter parts, whose to say that they are in the same place as their real world counterparts. there has not been an official "Pokemon World Map" revealing what the whole of the Pokemon Earth is like, we can only speculate that it follows what our earth looks like.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I need to ask something about this intriguing mountain-flattening that the workers of New York did. Can't find much about it on the internet, so I thought I'd ask you guys, seeing as you know so much. Two questions:

1. Was the majority this mountain-squashing done in the 1800's?
    2. How large were the mountains in the first place? Higher than 1000m?

Last edited:

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years

I hate it when people don't even bother looking at the images posted in this thread either that or they are in denial that the nanpu bridge and the sky arrow look exactly alike not to mention the fact that the nanpu bridge connects shanghai to a rural area just the same as the sky arrow bridge connects hiun to a rural area both spiraling at the end where they meet the rural areas

=\

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    First of all, I don't believe it is Shanghai, because the main urban area of Shanghai is not centered at the same place the urban area of Isshu is. Do you understand what I'm saying? The "island" in Shaghai, which I believe is called Chongming, is what makes people think Isshu is based of there. However, Chongming is not the center of Shanghai, but rather a small area to the north.

If you look at New York City, downtown is located at the same place Huin City is located. Seriously. Think about it.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hate it when people don't even bother looking at the images posted in this thread either that or they are in denial that the nanpu bridge and the sky arrow look exactly alike not to mention the fact that the nanpu bridge connects shanghai to a rural area just the same as the sky arrow bridge connects hiun to a rural area both spiraling at the end where they meet the rural areas

=\

I looked up images of bridges in Shanghai good sir... Nanpu was the only one that popped up for me and it looks nothing like the Sky Arrow bridge... Unless Sky Arrow is a round bridge and just looks straight...

READ. Just read.

The last sentence above the PokEarth image on Serebii:
    "
    Please note the positioning of the regions is not official and was manipulated for space reasons."

In other words, it's not the real positions in relation to one another!

The Hoenn and Sinnoh thing was just a joke... Calm. Down.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I looked up images of bridges in Shanghai good sir... Nanpu was the only one that popped up for me and it looks nothing like the Sky Arrow bridge... Unless Sky Arrow is a round bridge and just looks straight...

Ergh.

What does a bridge do? It goes over something. Look at the pictures, it goes over a river. That bit is straight. Only the end is curved.

Seriously.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    the truth

https://www.world-geographics.com/c...asia/map_of_japan_regions_and_prefectures.png
    this region is based off of section 34 of the chugoku region huin city is Hiroshima (the nearby desert was caused by a nuke dropped by Lt. Surge)<that was a joke
    don't believe me here https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Hiroshima_Damage_Map.gif
    that is a map of the effects of the nukes on Hiroshima look at the ports does the shape look familiar
    the rivers are also present in this https://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/virtual/img/ex0403_img/00_e.gif
    i believe it is based off of a small section of old Hiroshima. this would support it being far away and the reset of the route numbers
    but i could be wrong

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It isn't in japan anymore. They already said it is far away. and it starts with route 1 which means it isn't in the Japan area.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Just saw the curve at the end of the bridge... hmm...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    it is japan did you bother to even look at the maps
    its new Hiroshima with past Hiroshima as its biggest city it is a very small region and that makes it far away and the routes start over because they are smaller roads and not main highways if you look at the maps i posted it will make sense

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It is not Japan it cannot be Japan. There is already a route 1, It is far away. it is not Japan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back