• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Why just say, "No, look at the reasons on the front page?"

He was stating his opinion, if you're not going to directly counter-argue there's no need to say that.

Until I get reasons for Shanghai that aren't completely superficial (like the Yin-Yang trash) I'm not going to even slightly believe it.
    When it comes down to it both locations look enough like it geographically to suggest it was based on them.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Well, New York does have a big zoo...

Also!: I just thought of this. Umm, not sure if it's been said, but if it has I'll say it better. [/JK] So, I now think Isshu is New York again based on shape. But the thing is, the peninsulas are the right shape... but squished. EXACTLY! GF has been known to alter the location, like shift Johto so it lines with Kanto, rotate Hoenn, add part of Russia to Hokkaido to make Sinnoh, etc. So, taking New York and giving the peninsulas a little space wouldn't be that bad! So I think it's New York again, with the ferris wheel thing probably being based off the town near shanghai. But yeah... look at new york. Spread the peninsulas out a bit, straighten it a tad, and BAM! Isshu in a box!... Or on a screen. Whichever floats your boat. But the main other clues to NY are probably Hiun's art being the same as a pic of NY Harbor and the entire Victini deal.

You could say the same for Shanghai, and it works better. The amount of squishing you do for Shanghai is less than that required to make Long Island the right size.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    As far as reasons NYC should have on the first page:
    If you're going to suggest Iris is Chinese, then you should suggest Aloe is African-American.
    American football players AND American Football in Pokemon Musicals.
    Isshu could be based on this artist's impression of Manhattan.
    "Far Away" is more likely to mean out of Asia, than directly across a small gap of water, and on the same continent.

And I suggest going into more detail on the NYC reasons, as you have with Shanghai. Shanghai looks much larger because things are explained in detail, whereas on the NYC list it's short sentences such as "Pokemon like Wargle and the pigeon could reference America," but Shanghai has, "Hihidaruma is based of the daruma doll, which is representation of Bodhidharma, which is the founder of Chinese martial arts, and zen Buddhism, which, would show Hihidaruma s an Asian Pokemon."
    So, it should be:
    Wargle can be seen to represent America, as it appears to be based on the Bald Eagle, which is America's national bird, as well as the fact it is Red, White, and Blue, and also wearing a Native-American styled head-dress.
    and
    The Pigeon can be seen to represent America, as it is a type of pigeon that is extremely common in New York City, to the point that the city is universally known for its pigeon infestation.

As well as all of this:
    XXX Wrote: Tying the new little legendary into the Statue of Liberty

From an article about the statue;

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory."

So.... Even the new legendary seems to be tied into the idea of NYC?

And so forth, so that the list does not appear bias.

BUT, at the end of the day, the case is: BEING BASED ON THE REGION DOES NOT MEAN IT IS THE REGION.
    Isshu is not New York, it is not Shanghai, but it can be based on either, which is why 100% geographical accuracy isn't as important because at the end of the day they will draw the way that looks prettier in-game, just like they did with, oh, every other region.

I hope caps allows you to understand this.

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Why just say, "No, look at the reasons on the front page?"

He was stating his opinion, if you're not going to directly counter-argue there's no need to say that.

Until I get reasons for Shanghai that aren't completely superficial (like the Yin-Yang trash) I'm not going to even slightly believe it.
    When it comes down to it both locations look enough like it geographically to suggest it was based on them.

Who are you to say yin-yang is trash, it is the background of the entire story and the main theme of games, AND the legendary pokemon represent yin and yang respectively.
    Youre just calling it trash because it is a major drawback to NYC, and a major push to shanghai. But all you guys is to try and discredit already proven clues, however if that doesnt work some of you even make up your reasons for NYC -.-
    Which reasons for NYC are non-superficial reasons then?

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    As far as reasons NYC should have on the first page:
    If you're going to suggest Iris is Chinese, then you should suggest Aloe is African-American.
    American football players AND American Football in Pokemon Musicals.

And I suggest going into more detail on the NYC reasons, as you have with Shanghai. Shanghai looks much larger because things are explained in detail, whereas on the NYC list it's short sentences such as "Pokemon like Wargle and the pigeon could reference America," but Shanghai has, "Hihidaruma is based of the daruma doll, which is representation of Bodhidharma, which is the founder of Chinese martial arts, and zen Buddhism, which, would show Hihidaruma s an Asian Pokemon."
    So, it should be:
    Wargle can be seen to represent America, as it appears to be based on the Bald Eagle, which is America's national bird, as well as the fact it is Red, White, and Blue, and also wearing a Native-American styled head-dress.
    and
    The Pigeon can be seen to represent America, as it is a type of pigeon that is extremely common in New York City, to the point that the city is universally known for its pigeon infestation.

As well as all of this:
    XXX Wrote: Tying the new little legendary into the Statue of Liberty

From an article about the statue;

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory."

So.... Even the new legendary seems to be tied into the idea of NYC?

And so forth.

We already have aloe and football player, adn if oyu want to include football in it, i guess then you have to include martial art robe too, which suggests that pokemon is a martial arts pokemon, which points more to china, as a home of martial arts.
    Im sorry for maikng the post about hihidaruma so big, but if i didnt you guys would just bug all the time saiyang it is japanese if i didt explain whats more to it. Kirby and forever are free to edit it.
    And as for pidgeons, if oyu acctually put that in the NYC thories, then put it in the shanghai too:

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

(did every1 forgot about the brd flu in china, pidgeons were a big problem then)

No, I call Yin-Yang trash because there is NO reference to Yin-Yang itself, just Yin-Yang-LIKE themes. Which are universal themes, not just Chinese.

Yin-yang as universal themes are still chinese in origin and in practice. So dont talk trash

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    No, Yin-Yang is Chinese in origin and practice. Yin-Yang is also not directly referenced (besides possibly Zekrom and Reshiram, in their descriptions, which does not mean the entire game encompasses a Chinese religion...)

Nature Vs. Technology was not invented by China.

Your lack of comprehension is staggering.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I also said that NYC is universally known for it, not that they're non-existent in China.

I'm not American, but when I think of Pigeons, I think of NYC, not Shanghai, and I highly doubt anyone outside of China would say, "Oh, Pigeons? Shanghai!"

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    I also said that NYC is universally known for it, not that they're non-existent in China.

I'm not American, but when I think of Pigeons, I think of NYC, not Shanghai, and I highly doubt anyone outside of China would say, "Oh, Pigeons? Shanghai!"

I dont think any1 outside of US would say oh pidgeon, NYC!(unless oyu are not from US) when i think of pidgeons, I think of Zagreb(my coutries biggest city)
    Us isnt famous with pideons at all :S

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Well, excuse me, but don't you think the main legendaries being called the Yin and Yang Pokemon is something pretty major? ._____.

Your argument about pidgeons is useless. There are pidgeons in every big city in every country all over the world. IT'S BASED ON PLANET EARTH, I TELL YOU!

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    No, Yin-Yang is Chinese in origin and practice. Yin-Yang is also not directly referenced (besides possibly Zekrom and Reshiram, in their descriptions, which does not mean the entire game encompasses a Chinese religion...)

Nature Vs. Technology was not invented by China.

Your lack of comprehension is staggering.

Ur just starting to insult again, on a point that you know its true. Yin-yang is the theme as in old vs. new and as in legendary pokemon, your post doesnt make any sense.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I'm not from the US, I've stated that several times in this thread alone.

You continuously say that things I say, are things that only Americans would say, when I'm not even American. It says right above this post that I'm not American.

Regarding where you think of when you talk Pigeons, I'm also suggesting outside of your own country. I could say Australian cities that are filled with pigeons, but I know that's not what the conversation is about.

US has a huge influence on the Western World, and thanks to cinema and whatnot I would have to say, that yes, NYC is known for pigeons, they are even a mascot, of sorts.

I'm not insulting anybody, I'm stating that your posts leave me staggered, because you continue to misunderstand me. Yin-Yang encompasses Nature Vs. Technology, but Nature Vs. Technology is not Yin-Yang.
    If China and in turn Yin-Yang never existed, Nature Vs. Technology themes would still exist.

Ninja; if pigeons cannot be used as an argument because every country has them, then there is no argument that can be used. Every county has some form of everything.
    Then the legendaries? Arceus is the God of Pokémon, does that mean Sinnoh is Israel?

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    I'm not from the US, I've stated that several times in this thread alone.

You continuously say that things I say, are things that only Americans would say, when I'm not even American. It says right above this post that I'm not American.

Regarding where you think of when you talk Pigeons, I'm also suggesting outside of your own country. I could say Australian cities that are filled with pigeons, but I know that's not what the conversation is about.

US has a huge influence on the Western World, and thanks to cinema and whatnot I would have to say, that yes, NYC is known for pigeons, they are even a mascot, of sorts.

I'm not insulting anybody, I'm stating that your posts leave me staggered, because you continue to misunderstand me. Yin-Yang encompasses Nature Vs. Technology, but Nature Vs. Technology is not Yin-Yang.
    If China and in turn Yin-Yang never existed, Nature Vs. Technology themes would still exist.

Ninja; if pigeons cannot be used as an argument because every country has them, then there is no argument that can be used. Every county has some form of everything. Then the legendaries? Arceuss is the God of Pokémon, does that mean Sinnoh is Israel?

Im sorry for callig you american that time, but now i didnt call you american, just that no one in my surroundings wouldnt say anything when they heard pidgeons. But if oyu think that rest of the world will, ok, i will not argue over it.

Ninja; if pigeons cannot be used as an argument because every country has them, then there is no argument that can be used. Every county has some form of everything. Then the legendaries? Arceuss is the God of Pokémon, does that mean Sinnoh is Israel?

Correction, nothing would left for NYC, for shanghai would be left with area landmarks which are exclusive to shanghai area :D

Do we even know Plasma's plot yet? I haven't seen anything yin- yang about that.

Plasmas plot have nothing to do with yin-yang as far as we know, who even mentioned plasma? Dont put words in our mouths.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    No, because the landmarks are not exactly the same. They are not to the square mile in the exact location. Therefore, since other countries may have a windmill or some such that is also in a similar area to a main city, it doesn't count. But that's silly; it does count, just like NYC being the capital of pigeons counts.

The point I'm trying to make about geography is that we know they take creative license with games already, there is every chance they will do it with this game. NYC and Shanghai are both applicable geography wise, the fact that Shanghai is MORE like Isshu can be evidence towards Shanghai, sure, but it is not PROOF that it is Shanghai.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    There are windmill's in America too. Hey look there were windmills in Sinnoh I guess that means sinnoh is based on Shanghai.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    No, because the landmarks are not exactly the same. They are not to the square mile in the exact location. Therefore, since other countries may have a windmill or some such that is also in a similar area to a main city, it doesn't count. But that's silly; it does count, just like NYC being the capital of pigeons counts.

The point I'm trying to make about geography is that we know they take creative license with games already, there is every chance they will do it with this game. NYC and Shanghai are both applicable geography wise, the fact that Shanghai is MORE like Isshu can be evidence towards Shanghai, sure, but it is not PROOF that it is Shanghai.

I wasnt referring to windmills, but to the lake and its island in the middle of it and suzhou made on water and its one of the worlds biggest farris wheels. This area of suzhou and lake is definitely equivalent of the lake with an island in the middle in isshu and the town below it.

o.o i never stated anything was proof, you guys are the only ones claiming your statements are proof. Which are obvioulsy not.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back