• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

BMGf's Black and White King
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Oh goody, my favorite controversial topic and for once I can talk about it freely! Yay!

I believe it is New York City. Liberty Garden Island pretty much sealed it for me, though I believed it was before that.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    That island is not in the middle and there are 3 islands not 1 in that lake in Shanghai.
    Sure its not in the middle, but that is just creative licence, and those islands are waaay to small to be included. here is a pic:

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Size does not matter they are there aren't they. And we have had small islands in Pokemon games before.

Hahah, they just deleted them, we that too in pokemon games you know, stop trashing, you know this area is a perfect replica of suzhou and lake. Ofc they will make some changes, you guys your self pointed that out. -> creative licence

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Thing for NYC. Team Plasma wants pokemon to be free and what is the #1 thing about America, Freedom.

Hahah so your saying that isshu cant be in shanghai because plasma are freeing pokemon?
    And btw since plasma is evil team, that means that freeing pokemon in this case is wrong with just points that there is no freedom in isshu :P

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Hahah so your saying that isshu cant be in shanghai because plasma are freeing pokemon?
    And btw since plasma is evil team, that means that freeing pokemon in this case is wrong with just points that there is no freedom in isshu :P

we're just saying that china has NO freedom. for example: you're not allowed to have more than ONE child, you need to do EVERYTHING the cabinet says, etc.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Team Plasma want the Pokemon free from the poke balls which explains nature and technology which is Yin-Yang. Freedom is one of the top things about America.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...China does have some freedom though, it's just to a lower extent in comparison to other countries. :(

Though NY and the whole ~freedom~ thing does make a bit more sense overall than Shanghai.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    we're just saying that china has NO freedom. for example: you're not allowed to have more than ONE child, you need to do EVERYTHING the cabinet says, etc.
    America would have the same rule, if they were overpopulated as that.
    But ok i see the point in freedom.
    But team plasmas goal of freing pokemon, cant be connected to america because you think it suggest freedom. Thats just...erm nvm, if you want evidence of isshu being america, search for it, and dont post "trash" like this and make up fake statements, thats just desperate.
    EDIT: (i said trash just because he reffered to yin-yang as trash, as yin-yang have more credibility then this)

...China does have some freedom though, it's just to a lower extent in comparison to other countries. :(

Though NY and the whole ~freedom~ thing does make a bit more sense overall than Shanghai.

Yes but connecting those two just because plasma is freeing pokemon, that is too far fetched.
    And why wouldnt plasma free pokemon in china, it makes even more sense, since there is no freedom in china, plasma is trying to make it. That would point to shanghai not US

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    America would have the same rule, if they were overpopulated as that.
    But ok i see the point in freedom.
    But team plasmas goal of freing pokemon, cant be connected to america because you think it suggest freedom. Thats just...erm nvm, if you want evidence of isshu being america, search for it, and dont post "trash" like this and make up fake statements, thats just desperate.

soon i'll upload another picture (or two) but i can't find it now. these pictures PROOVES that NYC=Isshu.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    IDK if this one matters but in a pre release image of arriving at Liberty Tower a strange man in black is seen. The statue of liberty was closed for a long time due to 9/11 which would explain the strange man who could be a security guard watching out for terrorists.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Why are you bashing my evidence? you do not have to get mad because NYC got more evidence.
    W8 what? Where have I bashed you evidence? And where have i gotten mad XD. AND where does nyc has more evidence, ur just getting desperate and lying because you cant deny our statements. And i will report you r post for being off topic, and untruthfull in all, and wil later delet this post as it is offtopic too.
    P.S. So far shanghai has more evidence, and instead of lying try finding some.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes but connecting those two just because plasma is freeing pokemon, that is too far fetched.
    And why wouldnt plasma free pokemon in china, it makes even more sense, since there is no freedom in china, plasma is trying to make it. That would point to shanghai not US

...hey you know that actually makes sense.

B/W could really mean a fight against oppression - the black and white symbolising no freedom to express creativity, which reminds me of Pleasantville...

Either way, although cultural things reference NY, the hidden meanings actually would suit Shanghai...hmmm.

And guys, don't go off-topic or bash eachothers opinions. This thread is starting to really annoy me.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

...hey you know that actually makes sense.

B/W could really mean a fight against oppression - the black and white symbolising no freedom to express creativity, which reminds me of Pleasantville...

Either way, although cultural things reference NY, the hidden meanings actually would suit Shanghai...hmmm.

And guys, don't go off-topic or bash eachothers opinions. This thread is starting to really annoy me.

Exactly, NYC having people fighting for freedom seems pointless, unless they are referring to the past as US defied england, but that seems unlikely. But in this case it does show a fight against oppression in china, by freeing pokemon.

soon i'll upload another picture (or two) but i can't find it now. these pictures PROOVES that NYC=Isshu.

If you do, i have to ask you to use the picture of shanghai that i presented or soome other but that shows that area fully, not just a part of that. Oh and as for isshu, please try to use the full map too, that shows both peninsula and the exit to sea, if you want it to really prove that NYC is isshu.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Only it doesn't really make sense, because we're talking about Pokémon.

Any country could want to free Pokémon from Pokéballs, because that's likely how all countries use Pokémon... Frankly it doesn't point towards either country in the slightest, because you're not freeing anything from an oppressive government, you're freeing them from everyday trainers, and they're the same everywhere.

Also, does this mean that if they reveal a character with two children, it's not in China?

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

I find that annoying as most bashin are reffered to me, so if it is possble to report them next time when i see them?
    And im sorry if I responded to some of that bashing, but I assure you, i never started it and in most cases I ignored it, unless it was directed at me personally and me being not intelligent enough not to see isshu is NYC -.-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back