• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Well they did have control of an area in South America that they called Xoconochco, but yeah... My bad. That's what happens when you post at 2 am...
    Really, I never heard of that 0_0...they were mostly located in central present mexico...
    Well back on topic, I think that Isshu is a mix of different parts of the Americas (continents) put into the NYc area ;)

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • well it's pretty much agreed that it's NYC.
    any against?

I am, there are a few significant things that are important and show that it's not one specific place.

It has Asian architecture in some of the rural places, and European/Western architecture in others. In certain inside areas, very Asian themed furnishings are shown (low tables, cushions instead of chairs) and in other areas it's again... European/Western.

So I would say it's a mixture of various places. It's Isshu, and Isshu is based on Isshu.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I am, there are a few significant things that are important and show that it's not one specific place.

It has Asian architecture in some of the rural places, and European/Western architecture in others. In certain inside areas, very Asian themed furnishings are shown (low tables, cushions instead of chairs) and in other areas it's again... European/Western.

So I would say it's a mixture of various places. It's Isshu, and Isshu is based on Isshu.
    Isshu is a fictional place so it cannot be based on itself.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I agree for the most part that it resembles New York greatly but we also have to admit that there are other influences seen here; Shanghai being one...

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years
  • Yes I know that's is what this thread is about I'm just tired of people acting "it's it own region, it doesn't be have to be based of a real world place it's fictional" though it's fictional actually IT DOSE have to be based of real place they continue the same trend for 4 generations and just stop it because they ran out of places in Japan.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yes I know that's is what this thread is about I'm just tired of people acting "it's it own region, it doesn't be have to be based of a real world place it's fictional" though it's fictional actually IT DOSE have to be based of real place they continue the same trend for 4 generations and just stop it because they ran out of places in Japan.
    Well technically they didn't they have yet to do eastern Japan...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I am, there are a few significant things that are important and show that it's not one specific place.

For the hundredth time: Architecture, nor any other characteristic of the land, not limited to the appearance of people, types of resident Pokemon, items, landmarks, or structures, are relevant to the discussion. This discussion is 100% based on the shape of the region itself. The location of the cities may be of importance to the reference (as seen in prior generations), though it is unlikely now to have any conclusive evidence. Moreover, the landmass we know now is merely concept art and does not reflect any real-life forms as far as the little research we have done can conclude.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palantides Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York
    I am, there are a few significant things that are important and show that it's not one specific place.

Isshu is a fictional place so it cannot be based on itself.
    Multi-verse theory man, think about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    well, according to most websites, it is in a "secluded area" and thus it starts from route 1 again, so ill take a wild guess and say it's in an alternate dimension.

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • For the hundredth time: Architecture, nor any other characteristic of the land, not limited to the appearance of people, types of resident Pokemon, items, landmarks, or structures, are relevant to the discussion. This discussion is 100% based on the shape of the region itself. The location of the cities may be of importance to the reference (as seen in prior generations), though it is unlikely now to have any conclusive evidence. Moreover, the landmass we know now is merely concept art and does not reflect any real-life forms as far as the little research we have done can conclude.

If you're going to base it on the shape of the region, then it looks like a number of different places. Shanghai, New York, etc. If that's all you're going to take into account, then we have "Maybe Isshu is based on Shanghai or New York" and if that's all we have, then it's not set in stone that it's based either of those cities.

I had this long part typed up about how Shanghai actually represents the geographical shape of Isshu more than New York does. But I don't have 15 posts, to include links. Once I do have 15 posts, I'll put it up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    I have not seen one picture of NY looking like Isshu, whereas Shanghai is exact. However, all the landmarks match NYC. And that other Hiroshima thing looked pretty similar. Surely it is all of the above, now shhhhh. 14 pages wasted.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    I mean Shanghai looks more like it. :P Prove me wrong. But all the landmarks and things are there for NY. But Shanghai has the two rivers and the middle bit closer than New York. Prove me wrong by all means. Please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back