• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I associate musicals with Japan, because I've always thought that Japan was where there was musicals, bright lights, dancing (like Kimono dancing in Johto!), etc. :)

For me the musicals points more towards Japan than America.

Except Noh and Kabuki dont work that way at all.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Yes, there's handegg football in Japan. Yes, there are subways in Japan. Yes, there are musicals in Japan.

But Isshu isn't in Japan (route 1 redux, far away place, foreign country rumor).

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I think Broadway when I think musical. I live in NYC and have been to many Broadway musicals. Not to mention the STREET in NYC called BROADWAY.

And Americal Football is "American" for a reason...

I also feel the need to point out that a bunch of pages back someone said that the heroine's clothes are like New Yorkers EXCEPT the boots... Well I've seen plenty of people with similar footwear... Just sayin'. ^^;;

My main point is Broadway though... Some people come to NYC just to see Broadway shows on Broadway. (And I'm not saying EVERYONE does that but I AM saying that SOME people do.)

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Clothing shouldnt be a factor. Nobody nowhere dresses like the people do in Pokemon. Not counting cosplayers of course

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • Long Island isn't part of NYC so it being cut off it perfectly normal.

Shanghai matches up with Isshu near perfectly without having to cut off any significant landmass.

In this case, we should use Occam's Razor:

"Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simplest one with the fewest assumptions is best."

Apply this to the geographical shape of Isshu. What are we assuming about the things it's based on? Which theory has fewer assumptions? Therein lies the answer.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • again, here is a comparison of NYC and isshu.

the islands match up.
    the two rivers match up.
    and so does the rest of the geography.
    not to mention the hundreds of other posts filled with proof.

isshu is new york.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I think Broadway when I think musical. I live in NYC and have been to many Broadway musicals. Not to mention the STREET in NYC called BROADWAY.

And Americal Football is "American" for a reason...

I also feel the need to point out that a bunch of pages back someone said that the heroine's clothes are like New Yorkers EXCEPT the boots... Well I've seen plenty of people with similar footwear... Just sayin'. ^^;;

My main point is Broadway though... Some people come to NYC just to see Broadway shows on Broadway. (And I'm not saying EVERYONE does that but I AM saying that SOME people do.)

This.
    What do I think of when I think New York City?
    I think skyscrapers, bright lights, big apples, and Broadway. When I think of Japan, I understand they have musicals, but that's not what comes to mind.

Musicals are a big part of American culture, whether you like it or not.
    Spoiler:

above: Personal, irrelevant views about musicals that I feel the need to voice because most everyone is being such a negative nancy

to recap: Musicals are a big part of American culture, and New York is sort of their home. That is why I think Pokemon Musical supports the NYC theory. I know that Musicals are all over the world, but they are an American creation, if I'm not mistaken. That's like saying Chinese food is not Chinese just because you can find it all over the world.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Has it occurred to anybody most people think its NYC because the people on this forum are ... MOSTLY AMERICANS!!? le gasp!!

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Has it occurred to anybody most people think its NYC because the people on this forum are ... MOSTLY AMERICANS!!? le gasp!!

Has it occurred to you that not all American's are so ignorant as to just base such assumptions off selfishness? That's a pretty rude accusation. Some of us think Isshu is based off if Manhattan because of actual evidence.

KingBBB12

ǝɹǝɥ pıp ı ʇɐɥʍ ǝǝs noʎ
    Years
  • again, here is a comparison of NYC and isshu.

the islands match up.
    the two rivers match up.
    and so does the rest of the geography.
    not to mention the hundreds of other posts filled with proof.

isshu is new york.

Yeah, if only there was two bridges on the lower right corner, it could be easily said that they would the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Has it occurred to you that not all American's are so ignorant as to just base such assumptions off selfishness? That's a pretty rude accusation. Some of us think Isshu is based off if Manhattan because of actual evidence.

Most of us are.

The majority of evidence here is well, not. Just wait until the game actually comes out in Japan.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Shanghai matches up with Isshu near perfectly without having to cut off any significant landmass.

In this case, we should use Occam's Razor:

"Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simplest one with the fewest assumptions is best."

Apply this to the geographical shape of Isshu. What are we assuming about the things it's based on? Which theory has fewer assumptions? Therein lies the answer.

You don't get it!! Long Island is NOT PART OF NYC so it doesn't need to be on the map!!!

It's like saying just because Johto and Kanto are connected means Kanto should be on the Johto map an vice versa. LONG ISLAND IS NOT PART OF NYC AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE ON THE NYC MAP. END OF STORY.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    2nd Gen Cianwood would be an even better example ...

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • You don't get it!! Long Island is NOT PART OF NYC so it doesn't need to be on the map!!!

It's like saying just because Johto and Kanto are connected means Kanto should be on the Johto map an vice versa. LONG ISLAND IS NOT PART OF NYC AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE ON THE NYC MAP. END OF STORY.

Actually, Long Island is part of New York City. But if you're saying it's not part of NYC, then in Isshu, there should be no landmass on the river to the east of Hiun city. If you're talking about Nassau and Suffolk counties, that is not part of NYC (although it is New York Metropolitan area). Queens and Brooklyn which are on Long Island are part of New York City proper. But then not only are they cutting off Nassau and Suffolk, but a significant portion of Brooklyn is cut off in Isshu as well.

Shanghai fits without having to cut any significant portion of land. The only thing is that the map has to be rotated, but they rotated Kyushu when they based it off Hoenn, so that is not really a stretch.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Most of us are.

The majority of evidence here is well, not. Just wait until the game actually comes out in Japan.

Then blame the stupidity of the person, and not their origin. Personally, I believe football players, musicals, geographical shape, Hiun's port and buildings, as well as Brooklyn Bridge look-a-likes all add to the NYC theory. None of that is personal preference.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • You don't get it!! Long Island is NOT PART OF NYC so it doesn't need to be on the map!!!

Uh, no. That Long Island is seen as part of Isshu. Cutting it off means, guess what, it's much less likely to be NYC! And anyway, your guys theory is "based off New York City and surrounding area". If it doesn't match the surrounding area...use logic, please.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Uhm, no, what are you talking about?

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Lmao! True true...But i'm still covinced it's New York. It's more accurately shaped like it. And as for Yin and Yang. New York does have China Town.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back