• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    xD i didnt see the coolnick part :P Anyways yin-yang wasnt the only thing, and i still believe isshu is shanghai and that NYC is impossible to be isshu. Btw, is there any translation to those scans? HOw do you guys know they ocnfirmed it to be isshu? I saw sunnyshore posting this on bulbagarden(u probably used his scans) but in serebii forums they translated a part of convo but did not mention the NYC part. I will still w8 untill japanese guys translate it completely.
    Oh and forever could u please keep from locking it a lil while :P

Insult you? In what way? Dont lie -.- However a lot of you guys attacked me. The reason why a lot of ppl changed their minds isnt because of my brainwashing, but because i posted the evidence.
    And i still find it impossible for isshu to be based on NYC :/
    Lolz i knew u guys would gloat after this. Surprised that it isnt rockman :P i guess he has dignity afterall :P jk rockman

I gloat now because you gloated back when you were wrong. :D If you were civil then I would be civil now. :D:D

keep ridin' the denial train, bro.

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

I gloat now because you gloated back when you were wrong. :D If you were civil then I would be civil now. :D:D

keep ridin' the denial trian, bro.

:o i was never gloating, I always stated that I might be wrong, take a look at any1 of my posts
    And when exactly i wasnt being civil :/
    Well anyways, i am denying it, but not because im emotionally attached to shanghai being isshu, but because I think that Isshu cant be NYC for its size, and the suzou landmark, oh and some pokemon too.
    I really would like to believe NYC is isshu but my common sense tells me no :P
    Anyways, if they really officially announced a region being based of somewhere, I think GF could announce it too >.< that would ease my consciousness, and make me believe it is in NYC

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Where were you gloating? Where were you not being civil?
    Oh, when every time someone posted New York references you told them it was wrong (even if they weren't arguing with anybody), and never failed to end your post with "But it's never going to be NYC because I say so."

hahahahaha

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If Haza said it you should have just shut up and believed me...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Cool...so Isshu's basis is New York City... :) The Hiun City concept inclined me towards that, but I also thought it could have been a more urban area of Japan (such as Tokyo, but I don't recall at the moment whether Tokyo has a Pokemon World counterpart)

Also, that excerpt from Iwata Asks regarding BW increased my anticipation for the games, because it feels they invested a ton of effort (understatement?) and explored new options that have not been tried before... :cer_boogie:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Where were you gloating? Where were you not being civil?
    Oh, when every time someone posted New York references you told them it was wrong (even if they weren't arguing with anybody), and never failed to end your post with "But it's never going to be NYC because I say so."

hahahahaha

:/ no i havent, i just said a couple of things were wrong, and they were, there was even fake info some of you guys said. And i never ended my post like that, dont talk bull -.- and this is all off topic.

Hazeh

Pokemon Mastahhhhh~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    :/ well i still think they are wrong.

@Tyxxom :P aww u could atleast put it in spoilers or something ;P and why did u even post it here.

... Because this is a discussion about the Isshu region and it's easier to see how it relates to New York when it's a bigger map with no numbers on it?

PS chatspeak is really annoying and dumb

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    ... Because this is a discussion about the Isshu region and it's easier to see how it relates to New York when it's a bigger map with no numbers on it?

PS chatspeak is really annoying and dumb
    There already is a thread about isshu region, post it there. This thread is where is isshu. I dont see how the bigger map was supposed to show us similarities to NYC :/ it makes me wonder even more that it is shanghai when i see suzou and the lake above it.

Years
    Getting back on topic, i had a feeling Isshu was New York for awhile now. From that XXL map, you can see the 5 Bouroughs, the Brooklyn bridge, etc.

I do think Isshu is based on America as a whole, because New York is pretty much a microcosm of America. For you illiterates, microcosm is a small group of individuals whose behavior is typical of a larger social body encompassing it.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Getting back on topic, i had a feeling Isshu was New York for awhile now. From that XXL map, you can see the 5 Bouroughs, the Brooklyn bridge, etc.

I do think Isshu is based on America as a whole, because New York is pretty much a microcosm of America. For you illiterates, microcosm is a small group of individuals whose behavior is typical of a larger social body encompassing it.

Why would it be based on entire US it has a shape of nyc(sort of :/) and wth individual behavior got to do with this.

Looks like someone needs to eat their words.

o.o did I use those exact same words?

Last edited:
    Years
    Why would it be based on entire US it has a shape of nyc(sort of :/) and wth individual behavior got to do with this.

o.o did I use those exact same words?

Dude, It has been confirmed in the Pokemon Pia magazine that came out, with the interview involving Ken Sugumori. Isshu is based on NYC. Go look in the thread about it.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

xD ineed i did >.< but i dont eat my words

Dude, It has been confirmed in the Pokemon Pia magazine that came out, with the interview involving Ken Sugumori. Isshu is based on NYC. Go look in the thread about it.

i know i know, but it still doesnt make sense to meh.. buut.
    I still cant get over suzou not being in this game and too much china reference, and so much NYC contradictions :S it just doesnt fit for meh :P But hey its only meh.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Well, Nintendo/Game Freak have betrayed their original audience and sold out the most loyal of players. Read my much earlier posts in this thread; I won't explain myself again.

EDIT: Pretty much backs up what I'm saying. America as the racial melting pot and centre of the world is complete tosh.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well looks like those of us that started the NYC discussion should go to the bar and celebrate...I'll get back to you guys...

PS... Suck it

Cool...so Isshu's basis is New York City... :) The Hiun City concept inclined me towards that, but I also thought it could have been a more urban area of Japan (such as Tokyo, but I don't recall at the moment whether Tokyo has a Pokemon World counterpart)

Also, that excerpt from Iwata Asks regarding BW increased my anticipation for the games, because it feels they invested a ton of effort (understatement?) and explored new options that have not been tried before... :cer_boogie:

Tokyo is inside Kanto region and in the first game... Its called Saffron City...

On a side note Route 1 where you start is right next to my real life house so thats kind of awesome sauce...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back