• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to next?

Exar Ketchem

So i herd u liek murlocz
Years
  • We all know that the Unova region is based on New York in America, rather than another region in Japan like before. Now, if they are trying to go down a different path, perhaps they might continue this trend.

So, what real-world place, besides Japan, would you like to see them set Pokemon regions in the future? Perhaps continue in America, or perhaps going to Europe, China, etc.

I would love to see how they set a Pokemon region in Texas, not just because I live here, but because of the size. Considering how diverse Texas is, you'd get a huge map, and tons of different areas to see.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I think a region set in the Hawaiian Islands would be amazing. Not only because it'd be an even better fit for a tropical region than Hoenn, but imagine the diverse wildlife and the maps we'd see! Exploring coral reefs, volcanoes, and forming islands would be pretty cool.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Soviet Russia!

I think a region set in the Hawaiian Islands would be amazing. Not only because it'd be an even better fit for a tropical region than Hoenn, but imagine the diverse wildlife and the maps we'd see! Exploring coral reefs, volcanoes, and forming islands would be pretty cool.

I agree, that would be amazing. I hope GameFreak tries this next!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wanna see some European stuff personally. An Eiffel Tower in the Pokemon world just sounds so awesome.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'd love to see a region with influences from Australia. It's really diverse, huge, and could gurantee a great amount of gameplay.
    Other than that I think a region based off of parts of africa (sahara desert, east african rift valley, mt. kilimanjaro, african great lakes, madagascar) would be great.
    Also why not head to southeast asia for some inspiration? It could be a region with great cultural diversity. In fact I'd love to see a pokemon game where the plot is greatly influenced by cultural aspects derived from regions around the world. And considering how diverse southeast asia is it would be a great mixture.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I think a region set in the Hawaiian Islands would be amazing. Not only because it'd be an even better fit for a tropical region than Hoenn, but imagine the diverse wildlife and the maps we'd see! Exploring coral reefs, volcanoes, and forming islands would be pretty cool.

Oh my, this would be so incredibly awesome! I'd love to see more island/tropical locations as opposed to urban. Fantastic suggestion!

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • What a stupid quote...

We all know that the Unova region is based on New York in America, rather than another region in Japan like before. Now, if they are trying to go down a different path, perhaps they might continue this trend.

So, what real-world place, besides Japan, would you like to see them set Pokemon regions in the future? Perhaps continue in America, or perhaps going to Europe, China, etc.

I would love to see how they set a Pokemon region in Texas, not just because I live here, but because of the size. Considering how diverse Texas is, you'd get a huge map, and tons of different areas to see.

Umm... That statement is wrong. The Unova Region is actually based off Tokyo, not New York. Get it right, noob.

Exar Ketchem

So i herd u liek murlocz
    Years
  • Anyways, back to the topic.

I'm not a big fan of tropical regions, mainly because the water always seems to be filled with Tentacools. Although, I would like to see regions with more wilderness, it'd be interesting to see how they do certain climates.

How about a desert? Maybe base it on something in Egypt, or the Middle-East. Or they could do South America, with the Amazon.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I like the tropical idea though I like tentacool too :) I think the Hawaiian Islands sounds like a great place to base a pokemon game and For some reason I'm thinking Northern Canada to Southern Washington State also. It would give the game rugged feel you know?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm thinking that the next region may be based on a European city next (London or Venice). If it's the latter, then expect a lot of water routes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've put a lot of thought into this, and I think the next region should be based on Los Angeles, or perhaps California in general. This way, the theme of the new Pokemon could be beauty, and they could explore the price of beauty in the games, like they explored the "relationship between opposites" in Black and White.

I read too much Bulbapedia...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I hope it's Australia. Here in Australia there are so many different climates. There are deserts, rain forests, snowy mountains, etc. I would be a bit like Hoenn. The Great Barrier Reef would be interesting.

Perhaps, but ugh can you imagine the lame Pokemon that would be there? Based on Kangaroos and koalas, platypuses and then grass Pokemon derived from eucalyptus trees... perhaps a big rock Pokemon based on Ayers Rock... there's nothing pretty and colourful about Australia, everything is dull. And I say this as an Australian.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • North American region where Unova(based in New York) has an array of deserve climates and regional areas itself. I'm thinking Western United States and parts of southern Canada. I would segment it into 4 areas. Eastern Area could include the Great Plains area, Western half includes coastal area like California, Oregon, Washington along with big cities like LA, San Francisco/Oakland area, San Diego, Seattle. Southern Section the desert area(even though Orre is based in the Arizona desert), and in the Northern portion like were Oregon and Idaho would be, and have them throughout California as well. Then in the center an area like Las Vegas. Then have the Sierra Nevada and Rockey Mountains run through region. Maybe include the Salt Basins and Grand Canyon. Needless to say they could do a lot with that area.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm thinking that the next region may be based on a European city next (London or Venice). If it's the latter, then expect a lot of water routes.
    I think a city in the next region could be based off of an European city, but not region. I don't know why, but it seems like it'd be easier to base a region off of New York (unova) than it would be to do the same with a European city. Call me crazy if you want.

North American region where Unova(based in New York) has an array of deserve climates and regional areas itself. I'm thinking Western United States and parts of southern Canada. I would segment it into 4 areas. Eastern Area could include the Great Plains area, Western half includes coastal area like California, Oregon, Washington along with big cities like LA, San Francisco/Oakland area, San Diego, Seattle. Southern Section the desert area(even though Orre is based in the Arizona desert), and in the Northern portion like were Oregon and Idaho would be, and have them throughout California as well. Then in the center an area like Las Vegas. Then have the Sierra Nevada and Rockey Mountains run through region. Maybe include the Salt Basins and Grand Canyon. Needless to say they could do a lot with that area.

I think GF should go to another country for inspiration in the next region. One region based off of something American is good enough for me.

Last edited:
    Back